Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I SURVIVED THE WINNEMUCCA FIRE....SO FAR

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ragdoll

Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2007-04-02

I SURVIVED THE  WINNEMUCCA FIRE....SO FAR Empty
PostSubject: I SURVIVED THE WINNEMUCCA FIRE....SO FAR   I SURVIVED THE  WINNEMUCCA FIRE....SO FAR Icon_minitimeJuly 8th 2007, 11:24 am

It's been really wild around here!!!!! We're finally known for something other than Bob Tallman!!!!!! We had a little thunder storm blow over (no rain) the other day. Lighning struck less than half a mile from our house, and started a fire that has now grown to more than 55 square miles!!!!!! My husband was in the backyard, and saw it happen. They have evacuated a big area in town....My younger daughter is 3 blocks from the evacuation line!!!!!!!!! My other daughter, to the south of me, has her travel trailer hooked up.....Sprinkers going.....They evacuated dozens of homes to the east of her. The horses will be ok.....They are on 5 acres of pasture, but nothing grows in it. Like a huge dry-lot. It's really hard to see anything....The smoke is really thick.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: I SURVIVED THE WINNEMUCCA FIRE....SO FAR   I SURVIVED THE  WINNEMUCCA FIRE....SO FAR Icon_minitimeJuly 8th 2007, 9:49 pm

affraid that sounds terrible. Maybe some of those Texans can send you their rain and flooding? Glad you are OK... coffee
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Kate and Paint

Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: I SURVIVED THE WINNEMUCCA FIRE....SO FAR   I SURVIVED THE  WINNEMUCCA FIRE....SO FAR Icon_minitimeJuly 9th 2007, 3:42 pm

WOW! while we get all this rain down here, yall are drowning in fire... Im sure the rest of of Texans would be glad to sent u some rain. Im sure Lynn would also be willing to loan yall some rain clouds..
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/all_texas_cowgirl
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: I SURVIVED THE WINNEMUCCA FIRE....SO FAR   I SURVIVED THE  WINNEMUCCA FIRE....SO FAR Icon_minitimeJuly 9th 2007, 3:54 pm

Shocked My goodness, Keep us posted. Hope you and your family remain safe and sound.
Back to top Go down
Ragdoll

PostSubject: Re: I SURVIVED THE WINNEMUCCA FIRE....SO FAR   I SURVIVED THE  WINNEMUCCA FIRE....SO FAR Icon_minitimeJuly 9th 2007, 7:39 pm

There's no fire real close to us anymore (knock on wood), but the helicopters are still going over my house, filling buckets from the river. I'd guess about 400ft above my roof!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Ragdoll

PostSubject: Re: I SURVIVED THE WINNEMUCCA FIRE....SO FAR   I SURVIVED THE  WINNEMUCCA FIRE....SO FAR Icon_minitimeJuly 9th 2007, 8:28 pm

UPDATE: The fire has turned again and is about 3 miles from my house.....and it's less than a mile from my daughter's house, headed straight at her!!!!!!! They have all the hoses going.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I SURVIVED THE WINNEMUCCA FIRE....SO FAR   I SURVIVED THE  WINNEMUCCA FIRE....SO FAR Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I SURVIVED THE WINNEMUCCA FIRE....SO FAR
Page 1 of 1