Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bacterial Mastitis?????

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Bacterial Mastitis????? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bacterial Mastitis?????   Bacterial Mastitis????? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMay 25th 2007, 9:07 pm

well Im sure it has changed a lot since I was there last that was 10+ years ago.. but man I sure loved living there... now I live in a town of about 50 people with a bar and post office 1 hr from Wichita KS it is all straight out of the old west cowboys and cattle country--and that may be a bit close to civilization for me Smile too... funny how as we age we get more antisocial LOL
Back to top Go down
Ragdoll

Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2007-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Bacterial Mastitis?????   Bacterial Mastitis????? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMay 27th 2007, 11:41 am

I don't care for Nevada at all. We came here only by a fluke. My husband has done his best to make our property look like Michigan for me. I'm still waiting for my little pond. I grew up on Lake Michigan and the Grand River. I miss water!!!!!! I miss the sound of fog horns, and the ice breakers out on the lake....and blue jays....and trees that weren't planted by people.

I'm sure Reno is bigger than it was 10yrs ago....But 10yrs ago it was still WAY too big for me!!!!!!!! I lived in Grand Junction, Colorado from "75" til "85". That''s too big for me too....Though I miss it.
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

PostSubject: Re: Bacterial Mastitis?????   Bacterial Mastitis????? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMay 27th 2007, 5:17 pm

come to KS nothing prettier than the Flint Hills you can hear the wild turkies from your front porch....
Back to top Go down
stockman

stockman

Number of posts : 356

PostSubject: Re: Bacterial Mastitis?????   Bacterial Mastitis????? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMay 27th 2007, 6:04 pm

I live by Lake Michigan and nothing is prettier!! We just took a drive by the beach today. There is a gorgeous lighthouse and a beautiful beach. People were already swimming!! It's way too early for me.
Back to top Go down
Ragdoll

PostSubject: Re: Bacterial Mastitis?????   Bacterial Mastitis????? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMay 27th 2007, 6:48 pm

You wouldn't happen to live near Grand Haven????? Coast Guard City USA, and Home Of The Largest Musical Fountain!!!!!!!! That's my home town. My family is still here....My best friend, of 45 yrs is still there, in the same house she grew up in. Infact, my family has been in the same town for over 150yrs. If I were just 10yrs younger, I'd be back there in a flash....Though I would miss all of the open range out here.
Back to top Go down
stockman

stockman

Number of posts : 356

PostSubject: Re: Bacterial Mastitis?????   Bacterial Mastitis????? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMay 27th 2007, 7:09 pm

We live in Saint Joseph, which is further down south. I've heard of Grand Haven and I'm pretty sure it's farther north. We've travelled up the coast all the way towards Traverse City and Harbor Springs up to Mackinac Island (which I love by the way) so I'm sure we passed through it. I love all the towns on the coast. They are all so pretty and unique in their own way. I certainly don't remember a musical fountain though! That sounds awesome!! I want to go see it!! Hopefully we can get up north later this summer or fall is nice too.
Back to top Go down
Ragdoll

PostSubject: Re: Bacterial Mastitis?????   Bacterial Mastitis????? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMay 27th 2007, 7:16 pm

They built the fountain about 45 yrs ago....and have expanded it several times. Before he died, my dad sent me videos of it. It's on a huge "hill-mountain" across the Grand River, where it comes in off the lake. It puts on quite a show.

Grand Haven is 19 miles north of Holland.
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

PostSubject: Re: Bacterial Mastitis?????   Bacterial Mastitis????? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMay 27th 2007, 8:20 pm

kind of makes you want to start singing it's a small world after all doesn't it... Laughing geek so Im feeling kind of dorky HAHA
Back to top Go down
Ragdoll

PostSubject: Re: Bacterial Mastitis?????   Bacterial Mastitis????? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMay 27th 2007, 9:52 pm

Small world...Ya.....Here's a great story.....It happened to me about three years ago:

My daughter was getting 3 PMU foals from Kennedy, Sask. During the process she met a nice lady in Michigan. She and I got to chatting. I told her how much I missed Mich. In particilar, the fall season. It was my favorite time of year to ride there...and there really aren't any fall colors here....nor is there a real fall. Nevada just jumps into winter.

Anyway....One day I got this big packet in the mail. It was full of photos. There was a note attached....It said....."Sometimes you just have to play Santa Claus". I looked at the pictures....I assumed that they were taken at/near her home. I got more and more confused....Something about them looked familior!!!!!!!!! Suddenly, I was looking at the elementry school I went to!!!!!!!!!! And a trail in the woods that I swore I knew....And a picture of a Coast Guard boat.......And a house that I SWORE was my best friend's house.......and another house I just couldn't place......(turned out to be mine!!!) There was one of two women, smiling and waving. Who were they????? I just didn't know. Then I suddenly realized.....IT WAS MY BEST FRIEND AND HER SISTER!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW COULD THIS BE?????????????????? I started to bawl like a baby while I looked at the pictures.....about 50 of them.......They were all taken in my home town, and the area around the house I grew up in!!!!!!!!!!!! BUT HOW?????????? I called my best friend and all I could say, over and over, "It;s you"!!!!!!! "It's you"!!!!!!!! She was laughing so hard, all she could say was "Yes"!!!!!!!!!

This is how it happened. The lady in Mich asked my daughter for my best friend's phone number. She called her....They set aside a day to get together and take the pictures for me. I don't know how my daughter managed to keep her mouth shut!!!!!!!!! That sweet lady drove about 35 miles to go meet my friend and take those pictures for me!!!!!!!!!

I have the most amazing people in my life!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

PostSubject: Re: Bacterial Mastitis?????   Bacterial Mastitis????? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMay 27th 2007, 10:02 pm

that makes me almost cry but since Im at work I can't do that.... people would think I was off my rocker Rolling Eyes nothing really new lol! I have moments like that waiting for Ty to get here that just shake the earth under my feet when one of my coworkers someone not really close to me will say something out of the blue like "Lynn we really need to hurry up and get that baby here he needs us" and I know that so many people are pulling for that one special little boy and I get so emotional it isn't about me or them it is all about him.... ok I really am a dork!!!
Back to top Go down
Ragdoll

PostSubject: Re: Bacterial Mastitis?????   Bacterial Mastitis????? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMay 27th 2007, 10:09 pm

I can't imagine how you must feel!!!!!! You must be on pins and needles!!!!!!!!! So When do you get him?????????
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

PostSubject: Re: Bacterial Mastitis?????   Bacterial Mastitis????? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMay 27th 2007, 10:21 pm

It is all a waiting game now I have to update 2 documents have them noterized then authenticated then certified basical the state has to say the notary is who they say they are then the Chinese Consulate in Chicago has to certify that the state is who they say they are then those documents go to China to join the 2 inches of documents already sitting over there. affraid Then when all that is said and done it is just a matter of time... they say any where from 3-5 months from when we sent our Letter of Intent which was this past week... we get our official notice send our official letter of Acceptance and have about 2 weeks notice before we are expected to be in China. At some point it all gets very crazy very quickly...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bacterial Mastitis?????   Bacterial Mastitis????? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bacterial Mastitis?????
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Equine Online :: Veterinary Station-
Jump to: