Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

M-T-G success stories?

Go down 
+2
Triple J Quarter Horses
stockman
6 posters
AuthorMessage
stockman

stockman

Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2007-02-08

M-T-G success stories? Empty
PostSubject: M-T-G success stories?   M-T-G success stories? Icon_minitimeMay 8th 2007, 8:11 am

I was just wondering if anyone had any M-T-G success or failure stories to share.
My gelding lost a chunk of his mane this winter to some sort of fungus and we are having good luck growing it back . We have just been applying it once a week but I hink I'm going to step that up to every three days because I want to get him banded by his next show ( not til early June). We've just been leaving it down but a banded mane looks 100% better. My arab mare has had an tennis ball sized patch of missing hair on her neck since we bought her apparently from a infected
IV insertion years ago. It's very noticeable because she is almost white but her skin is black! Anyway I started applying M-T-G yesterday. I'm going to apply it every day and see what happpens. It would be a true miracle if it grew back. I would be a true believer for life!
I hate the smell and the greasiness but I hope it's worth it. What do you think?
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

PostSubject: Re: M-T-G success stories?   M-T-G success stories? Icon_minitimeMay 8th 2007, 10:29 am

Now get this, we have a mare that is alergic to nats. She rubs her mane and tail out every summer. We use that and it helps soooooo much. You got to love it. It really does the trick for her.
Back to top Go down
Rowdy, Anne & Razzle

Rowdy, Anne & Razzle

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2007-04-23

PostSubject: Re: M-T-G success stories?   M-T-G success stories? Icon_minitimeMay 9th 2007, 1:04 am

My mom has a gelding that scratches himself bloody but she has been using M-T-G lately and so far he is in one piece! He is in a stall too but we will see what happens when she puts him out to pasture next week. Neutral He is one of those horses you constantly have to have a sleazy on plus some type of bug spray and even then that does not seem to work. She will put him in a pasture without any objects and he is just a mess the next day. I don't know how she puts up with it personally! Laughing
Back to top Go down
chinquapinryder

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2007-02-12

PostSubject: Re: M-T-G success stories?   M-T-G success stories? Icon_minitimeMay 10th 2007, 8:32 pm

Love it!!! I use it on my show geldings tail all winter to keep it growing. I trim about 2 inches off in the fall and by spring its dragging on the ground. I also use it for his winter dry skin.

Only down fall is the smell.
Back to top Go down
smokey

smokey

Number of posts : 573
Registration date : 2007-04-26

PostSubject: Re: M-T-G success stories?   M-T-G success stories? Icon_minitimeMay 24th 2007, 1:34 am

Hi Everyone: Would one of you be so kind and tell me what M -T -G is and where I might get some? Many thanks, Smokey
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667

PostSubject: Re: M-T-G success stories?   M-T-G success stories? Icon_minitimeMay 24th 2007, 7:48 am

Smokey, I think Mane and Tail makes it, but I'm not sure... maybe somebody will jump in here and let ya know... I think I've heard it stinks to high heaven.
Back to top Go down
stockman

stockman

Number of posts : 356

PostSubject: Re: M-T-G success stories?   M-T-G success stories? Icon_minitimeMay 24th 2007, 12:12 pm

No, it's made by Shapley's , the same people that make those show touch up sprays. We got it a Family Farm and Home, which is kind of like Tractor Supply. I've seen it lots of places though. Or you could order it direct I suppose. Just google Shapley's or M-T-G tail and it should take you to their website.
It smells god-awful and you definitely have to shake it up before you apply. It settles badly. It smells like really strong barbeque sauce LOL!! It's working good for me though!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: M-T-G success stories?   M-T-G success stories? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

M-T-G success stories?
Page 1 of 1