Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New Borns!

Go down 
+5
stockman
Bluejay
RoperChick
denibun
Merikle Waters
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Merikle Waters

Merikle Waters

Number of posts : 690
Registration date : 2007-02-08

New Borns! Empty
PostSubject: New Borns!   New Borns! Icon_minitimeFebruary 12th 2007, 4:56 pm

I didn't get a chance to do this yesterday when the twins were born, but thought I would do it now.

Enjoy! Both are healthy, one a boy one a girl... Mama is a veteran at this, and these babies were much smaller than the triplets she fought to give birth to last year.

Here is Brownies 2 bundles of joy! I will add more pictures later...

New Borns! 100_1431

New Borns! 100_1432

we have no names for them as of yet, but they will have some soon. We have 4 more ewes to lamb out, and one goat. That and the four mares.... This should be an interesting year affraid lol

But anywho, I just thought you all would enjoy! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
denibun

Number of posts : 638

New Borns! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Borns!   New Borns! Icon_minitimeFebruary 12th 2007, 5:04 pm

Merikle-You scared me to death. When I saw twins, I thought one of your mares had twins:affraid:
Back to top Go down
RoperChick

RoperChick

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2007-02-07

New Borns! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Borns!   New Borns! Icon_minitimeFebruary 12th 2007, 5:06 pm

They are so cute!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415

New Borns! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Borns!   New Borns! Icon_minitimeFebruary 12th 2007, 5:07 pm

What kinda horses are those scratch

They are adorable.. Thanks for sharing.. Spring is on the way bounce
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Merikle Waters

Merikle Waters

New Borns! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Borns!   New Borns! Icon_minitimeFebruary 12th 2007, 5:50 pm

denibun wrote:
Merikle-You scared me to death. When I saw twins, I thought one of your mares had twins:affraid:

Laughing I thought that might happen... But it was kinda funny..in a mean, scaring of other posters way..Twisted Evil lol

I will have more pictures tonight.... and more than likely more lambs..

Boy, You haven't smelled disgusting birthing fluids until you have been around a sheep giving birth and smell the new born... YUCK, I wont pet the babies without my gloves on they stink so bad! pale
Back to top Go down
stockman

stockman

Number of posts : 356

New Borns! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Borns!   New Borns! Icon_minitimeFebruary 12th 2007, 5:58 pm

Yeah , I thought you were talking about a horse there for a minute until I scrolled down to the picture!! I guess I'm not much of a farm girl, because if you hadn't said, I thought those were baby goats LOL!
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667

New Borns! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Borns!   New Borns! Icon_minitimeFebruary 12th 2007, 10:18 pm

I'm like everybody - got kind of freaked there for a minute... and I'm thinking... uh, those aren't horses! HA!

They are such sweet little things! I've been threatening to get some, but what the heck am I going to do with 'em???? Much less dealing with the dogs.
Back to top Go down
Cindy

Cindy

Number of posts : 871

New Borns! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Borns!   New Borns! Icon_minitimeFebruary 12th 2007, 10:43 pm

OH MY GOSH..... like everyone else I thought they were twin foals! They are just as cute though!
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockin911.com
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

New Borns! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Borns!   New Borns! Icon_minitimeFebruary 12th 2007, 11:59 pm

Oh I miss it, we use to raise them with my dad. We had Fins mix, known for twins and triplets. Nothing like going up and trying to turn one, NOT MUCH room there. I thought my wrist was going to break during a contraction. Lord it hurt. Cute babies.... I love to here them talk to mom.
Back to top Go down
Merikle Waters

Merikle Waters

New Borns! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Borns!   New Borns! Icon_minitimeFebruary 13th 2007, 12:01 am

stockman wrote:
Yeah , I thought you were talking about a horse there for a minute until I scrolled down to the picture!! I guess I'm not much of a farm girl, because if you hadn't said, I thought those were baby goats LOL!

LOL, thats hilarious.

We do have some kids due this year as well... all the sheep and goats are my dads business.. although I find myself bottle feeding when there is a bottle lamb... LOL the one last year was the best! like a little dog!

But, no new lambies as of yet... but that other momma will be due soon here. They only carry for 5 months, so its really quick.

Now me, personally... I'm waiting for foals! LOL
Back to top Go down
Merikle Waters

Merikle Waters

New Borns! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Borns!   New Borns! Icon_minitimeFebruary 13th 2007, 12:04 am

Triple J Quarter Horses wrote:
Oh I miss it, we use to raise them with my dad. We had Fins mix, known for twins and triplets. Nothing like going up and trying to turn one, NOT MUCH room there. I thought my wrist was going to break during a contraction. Lord it hurt. Cute babies.... I love to here them talk to mom.

lol, ours are suffic's (sp?), "the black faced ones"... But its hard to try and convince my dad to not cross breed... We have another ewe and she's... well we dont know what she is! LOL she is a cross of suffics and something else.. but she likes to climb so when she annoys me I just say she's part goat! lol

I had to turn this ewe's lambs last year (she had 3 HUGE babies by a different ram) and they were just not going to move up in there... It was well..gross... Ewe goo stinks! LOL

Our first ewes we got were from a friend of mine, I do believe the momma who had these twins is 7 this year... so we are nearing the end for her.. but she is the sweetest sheep anyone could ever ask for! used to be a show sheep! lol
Back to top Go down
PHENOMADACIOUS

PHENOMADACIOUS

Number of posts : 424

New Borns! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Borns!   New Borns! Icon_minitimeFebruary 13th 2007, 10:05 am

OY! You scared the CRAP outta me!!! Shocked Whew...naughty lady! affraid

Cute fur people! Wink
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

New Borns! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Borns!   New Borns! Icon_minitimeFebruary 13th 2007, 12:24 pm

We had suffok (sp) Crossed with the fins. Fins are better known for Twins and trips. So we tried for 200 % plus lambing crops every year. And when we flushed the right we got 3 crops every 2 years. When my mom passed away my Dad got rib is everything. He was so hurt. But we sure enjoyed them. They were so sweet. We did Tail Docking, banding, worming and shots all at once to the lambs. Oh, they cried. Sad Poor little things. My mom and I hated it.

PS we raised on kid a year, or twins if we got them. We named them Are you ready for this Barb A Que or Spit. Because we knew what was going to happen to them in the fall..... Suspect
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Borns! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Borns!   New Borns! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Borns!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Equine Online :: Nursery-
Jump to: