Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What do You Think?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Merikle Waters

Merikle Waters

Number of posts : 690
Registration date : 2007-02-08

What do You Think? Empty
PostSubject: What do You Think?   What do You Think? Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2007, 5:10 pm

I am being offered this mare, Docs Gold Poco Lena, solid APHA pally 1999 mare, pics can be seen on the mares page of www.freewebs.com/platinumpaints . They have not said their price yet, but I have asked... She is a nice looking mare with a build that would flatter my stud. However, there is nothing special in her immediate pedigree (not ones that would stay on the foals papers), and her dams sire was shown... but not her sire.. and thats all I could find).

Pass or check it out?
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667

What do You Think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do You Think?   What do You Think? Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2007, 6:10 pm

Offerred to you in trade for something or something else?

It says she's in foal, is she? Says she's supposed to have one in April.

She's got tobiano on the top side, so no double papers on her.

She's not a bad looking mare at all, in fact, pretty nice. Don't recognize anything on her papers at all, though.

Depends... if you need the cash on one your'e trying to sell, sell. If you don't, and can do a swap on a mare you can breed or is a 2-in-1 package, even better. Do you think you can get color out of her?
Back to top Go down
Bucks&Blues

Bucks&Blues

Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2007-02-10

What do You Think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do You Think?   What do You Think? Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2007, 6:26 pm

I think she is a nice horse. Maybe it wouldnt hurt to have a looksy at her. If you think she would cross well with your stud, it wouldnt hurt to try. Let us know what you decide!
Back to top Go down
RoperChick

RoperChick

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2007-02-07

What do You Think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do You Think?   What do You Think? Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2007, 7:14 pm

I think she is worth checking out. I think she's a pretty mare, I like her Sire's breeding (I'm partial of course, I love the DB breeding). Her Dam's breeding isn't quite as well known, but she does have hollywood gold on the bottom.

A gelding I used to own had was bred very much like that mare. Doc Bar/Poco Bueno on the top and had Hollywood Gold on the bottom. He's a nice minded gelding, who wants to be a good boy and he's a pretty good athlete. He was bred for reining, but got too big so ended up being a head, heel and WP horse. He could slide too, he could easily slide 15 feet with "no" sliders on. We never showed him at QH shows, but he was good enough at roping and WP, to show in both at that level.

She might be worth a try, you might end up with a nice versatile baby, if you bred that mare to your stallion.
Back to top Go down
Merikle Waters

Merikle Waters

What do You Think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do You Think?   What do You Think? Icon_minitimeApril 21st 2007, 1:43 am

7cedars wrote:
Offerred to you in trade for something or something else?

It says she's in foal, is she? Says she's supposed to have one in April.

She's got tobiano on the top side, so no double papers on her.

She's not a bad looking mare at all, in fact, pretty nice. Don't recognize anything on her papers at all, though.

Depends... if you need the cash on one your'e trying to sell, sell. If you don't, and can do a swap on a mare you can breed or is a 2-in-1 package, even better. Do you think you can get color out of her?

I think they are just offering her for me to buy because this lady won in an auction a breeding to my stud and I reccomended her as the best probably cross body wise. She's a solid APHA pally, her sires sire has a lot of APHA points (I checked him out on apha.com), and her sire is well known around here, did squat all, but is producing very well. She has Docs Lynx on her papers but in third generation, so it doesnt do much for her, Has doc olena, blondy's dude, doc bar, and jameen tivio just off her papers.... so that doesnt do much. I see hollywood gold back there, but thats way back there... IMO the dams side of this mare is pretty crappy....

She is asking $1200 for her open and without foal, then $1600 if they breed her to this stud http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/scenic+coosation (which they just purchased), and said they could possibly work out a 3 in one deal with the foal at side.... but I dont know who the sire is? I like the stud they just bought!!!! and they show! so my foal will most likely be shown! lol yay!

What do you all think? if I could possibly get some better confo pics of her.... would that help?
Back to top Go down
Merikle Waters

Merikle Waters

What do You Think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do You Think?   What do You Think? Icon_minitimeApril 21st 2007, 1:48 am

Oh and Sheila, I know Ill get color out of her, My stud just bred his first paint mare last year and that foal hasnt even hit the ground yet, yet out of 7 foals (all solid QH mares) he has only thrown 2 solids, and one was a buckskin, and the other was a dunskin (Dun X Buckskin). Wink lol im not worried about my boy! No solid reds to date!!!! and you bet your bottom I use that to market him! LOL
Back to top Go down
Merikle Waters

Merikle Waters

What do You Think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do You Think?   What do You Think? Icon_minitimeApril 21st 2007, 1:52 am

RoperChick wrote:
I think she is worth checking out. I think she's a pretty mare, I like her Sire's breeding (I'm partial of course, I love the DB breeding). Her Dam's breeding isn't quite as well known, but she does have hollywood gold on the bottom.

A gelding I used to own had was bred very much like that mare. Doc Bar/Poco Bueno on the top and had Hollywood Gold on the bottom. He's a nice minded gelding, who wants to be a good boy and he's a pretty good athlete. He was bred for reining, but got too big so ended up being a head, heel and WP horse. He could slide too, he could easily slide 15 feet with "no" sliders on. We never showed him at QH shows, but he was good enough at roping and WP, to show in both at that level.

She might be worth a try, you might end up with a nice versatile baby, if you bred that mare to your stallion.

I think I will check her out this summer after she foals... She might be just what i need!! Thanks for giving your info and your experience with a horse bred very simmilarily. Any pics of him?
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667

What do You Think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do You Think?   What do You Think? Icon_minitimeApril 21st 2007, 8:21 am

I think she's a nice mare, but once again, look at the bottom side more. I guess since they won her at an auction that they don't have pics of her dam. I like looking at dam pictures, if at all possible.

No, I'd say, if you want her, then go for it! What's your gut telling ya? If it's saying, BUY HER, BUY HER, then buy her; if you're struggling with yourself, then ya know...

Unless, of course, you do like I do... I see something, check the bloodlines, get as many pics as I can possibly get, have it in my mind what I'm going to do, and then ask Rick what he thinks, and then tell him we're going to so and so to pick her up... HA!
Back to top Go down
Merikle Waters

Merikle Waters

What do You Think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do You Think?   What do You Think? Icon_minitimeApril 21st 2007, 6:05 pm

7cedars wrote:
I think she's a nice mare, but once again, look at the bottom side more. I guess since they won her at an auction that they don't have pics of her dam. I like looking at dam pictures, if at all possible.

No, I'd say, if you want her, then go for it! What's your gut telling ya? If it's saying, BUY HER, BUY HER, then buy her; if you're struggling with yourself, then ya know...

Unless, of course, you do like I do... I see something, check the bloodlines, get as many pics as I can possibly get, have it in my mind what I'm going to do, and then ask Rick what he thinks, and then tell him we're going to so and so to pick her up... HA!

lol my post before was rather long.... but the owner of this mare won a breeding to my stallion for this year, when I suggested they use her for the breeding, she offered her to me.

what do you think of the stud?

I am still unsure, I have my heart set on a buckskin with better lineage for that price..... so Idk lol
Back to top Go down
RoperChick

RoperChick

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2007-02-07

What do You Think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do You Think?   What do You Think? Icon_minitimeApril 23rd 2007, 6:16 pm

Merikle Waters wrote:

I think I will check her out this summer after she foals... She might be just what i need!! Thanks for giving your info and your experience with a horse bred very simmilarily. Any pics of him?

YGM Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034

What do You Think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do You Think?   What do You Think? Icon_minitimeApril 23rd 2007, 11:43 pm

I like the sire of her but if she isn't exactly what you want save your money and wait for the right horse you will find her and if you have already spent it you will be kicking yourself later.... she will come be patient...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

What do You Think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do You Think?   What do You Think? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What do You Think?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Equine Online :: General Off Topic Discussions-
Jump to: