Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Soon to be!!!

Go down 
+2
7cedars
Merikle Waters
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Merikle Waters

Merikle Waters

Number of posts : 690
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Soon to be!!! Empty
PostSubject: Soon to be!!!   Soon to be!!! Icon_minitimeApril 19th 2007, 4:56 am

Alright, So I started working at another barn shortly after quitting the boring tack/western wear shop. Its called Tam Rac Ranch, www.Tam-Rac-Ranch.com (the person doing the site is an idiot, and many things are wrong LOL, my barn owner is VERY mad lol). Anyways, they breed and show champion morgan horses..... lol ok, saddle seat? WHOLE NEW BALL PARK! LOL, but I figure I will learn a lot of new stuff.

Anywho, Since my college program all of a sudden got suspended for this year, and it is was about a day late to apply for my back up college..... I was just crushed. I figured the 5 months of hard core training I had put into my moms mare was a waste, and just all of the prep and all of the excitement I had was a waste.

Now things are looking a bit brighter... When I was going to go to college, I was going in for the first year to basically learn how to create the ultimate show horse, and at the end you can challenge your 1-4 levels for your western coaching certificate. Now this meant the world to me, and now I can't get it. My whole goal in life to run a successful breeding/showing barn, offering boarding, riding lessons etc. So of course I need to be certified in all levels of western, and almost all of english.

Anyways, after feeling useless and stuck, I started working at this barn. They hired me off of horse experience, and said I was exactly what they were looking for. So here I am, shoveling crap, thinking ok.... This is crappy LOL literally!

Then my barn owner talks to me, and wants me to train the horses none of the trainers in the barn will even spend 5 minutes with....the paints, the quarters, the standard breds, all of the "non gaited" non lesson horses, and help her sell them and I recieve commission on their sales. Then she wants to certify me up to level 3 in western riding, and up to 3 or so in english riding, and take over friday lessons! now I was a T/A at another barn... but very different lessons there.... also, she wants me to run summer camps!

I am very excited, but nervous I can't do it.... I mean I T/A'd, and I taught a group of children for over a year from step one, to competing, and I teach lessons in therapuetic riding for the group home here.... but its just different, idk lol

But yea, thought I'd share my horsie news, since there is no darn new born foal to talk about here Mad Oh yea, we're going on 9 days over due on my TB, and I am getting about an hour of sleep a night before heading to work at 7 till 4.... gosh i am tired LOL she better go soon, or I will have to crawl under something at the barn and have a nap everyday LOL
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Soon to be!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soon to be!!!   Soon to be!!! Icon_minitimeApril 19th 2007, 8:33 am

You know, sometimes things happen for a reason. Sometimes things change for the best. I think you'll do well with the training, etc., and the more diverse you can be with all the horse breeds, you have more rounded knowledge concerning certain breeds, which is a big plus!

You'll be fine, and I think you'll have a blast.... especially when it warms up! HA!
Back to top Go down
QHorse163

QHorse163

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2007-02-12

Soon to be!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soon to be!!!   Soon to be!!! Icon_minitimeApril 19th 2007, 3:14 pm

Wow, sounds like a great opportunity! Smile Congratulations, and good luck!!
Back to top Go down
Cindy

Cindy

Number of posts : 871
Registration date : 2007-02-07

Soon to be!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soon to be!!!   Soon to be!!! Icon_minitimeApril 19th 2007, 3:18 pm

I agree.... congrats! Have fun and learn lots of new stuff and make sure to share it with us!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockin911.com
standbytrucker

standbytrucker

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2007-02-22

Soon to be!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soon to be!!!   Soon to be!!! Icon_minitimeApril 19th 2007, 4:28 pm

wow! way to land an awesome job!!!!!
Back to top Go down
REINING CHICK

REINING CHICK

Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2007-02-12

Soon to be!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soon to be!!!   Soon to be!!! Icon_minitimeApril 19th 2007, 4:34 pm

I would love to run a breeding/show barn! plus boarding thats my dream!!! so i hope to win the lottery this weekend!! LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Soon to be!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soon to be!!!   Soon to be!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Soon to be!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Equine Online :: General Off Topic Discussions-
Jump to: