Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Using a Hauler?!?!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Sip of Rum

Sip of Rum

Number of posts : 565
Registration date : 2007-02-10

Using a Hauler?!?! Empty
PostSubject: Using a Hauler?!?!   Using a Hauler?!?! Icon_minitimeApril 17th 2007, 8:54 am

so...I sent in two quotes, I got the first one back yesterday afternoon and they said it would be 1700, then I was sitting at home and this lady calls and she tells me it would cost me 1950! Is this a lot?? If it's going to be t his much I am going to have to haul them myself....is it usually that much??

Thanks guys!
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

Using a Hauler?!?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Using a Hauler?!?!   Using a Hauler?!?! Icon_minitimeApril 17th 2007, 9:55 am

Those are very high. Have you figured out how many miles yet? study
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
RoperChick

RoperChick

Number of posts : 181

Using a Hauler?!?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Using a Hauler?!?!   Using a Hauler?!?! Icon_minitimeApril 17th 2007, 2:22 pm

I'm not sure if they would be any cheaper, but I got a quote of $ 1,100 from Allstate horse express to haul a horse from Nebraska to Southern California. They have a very good reputation as a hauler, my friend used them last month and was very happy with them. I have also had good reports from about 5 other people.

Here's the link to their website: http://www.horse-express.com/default.htm?CFID=444317&CFTOKEN=66406839

Honestly, hauling horses long distances yourself really isn't a big deal, if your horses are used to traveling. Just plan things out, have your vet help you with a first aid kit for the road. Also discuss what you should do for specific emergencies, like a colicky horse on the road.

I carry a sheet with all the horse hotels and fairgrounds on our route, incase we have any problems. US Rider can be a great help if you have truck or trailer trouble while on the road. If need be they will help you find stabling for your horses, if you are stranded.

I'm not sure what your route will be, but if you are travelling on I-40, I know great places to stay and also great places to rest or walk your horses. If you need that info, just let me know.

I love being on the road with the horses, and in the last few years they've put in a lot of miles. I don't take hauling horses lightly, but I love nothing more than being on the road with them.
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Using a Hauler?!?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Using a Hauler?!?!   Using a Hauler?!?! Icon_minitimeApril 17th 2007, 5:06 pm

You know, Roperchick, you're right.... when I'm on the road with mine, whether going to a show, coming back, whatever... I catch myself being very "up". Every time I see a danged truck and trailer, I'm like, I wanna go, I wanna go!

Course got to have ZZ Top ripping and roaring and me singing to the top of my lungs, but other than that, we have a non-eventful trip... HA!
Back to top Go down
RoperChick

RoperChick

Number of posts : 181

Using a Hauler?!?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Using a Hauler?!?!   Using a Hauler?!?! Icon_minitimeApril 17th 2007, 5:13 pm

7cedars wrote:
You know, Roperchick, you're right.... when I'm on the road with mine, whether going to a show, coming back, whatever... I catch myself being very "up". Every time I see a danged truck and trailer, I'm like, I wanna go, I wanna go!!

LOL!! Me too!! I get so jealous when I see people traveling with their horses and I'm not traveling with mine.

7cedars wrote:

Course got to have ZZ Top ripping and roaring and me singing to the top of my lungs, but other than that, we have a non-eventful trip... HA!

I usually have Matchbox 20, Train, Kane or something like that playing, but you so don't want to be in the truck with me if I'm singing. lol!
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Using a Hauler?!?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Using a Hauler?!?!   Using a Hauler?!?! Icon_minitimeApril 17th 2007, 6:33 pm

Tell ya a funny..... "someone" stole my danged CD of ZZ... so Dillon's got it on his Ipod thingy - whatever the heck that thing is... anyhoo, so I crank that sucker up as loud as I can, got it in my ears, and the boys are hollering, Mom, QUIT SINGING! Well, can I hum? NO! So I do it anyway... sing, that is! Dillon says, you don't even know the words... well, duh, how am I supposed to know the danged words when you guys steal my danged CDs!

Oh, and like Nickelback... especially that one song... I don't know the name of it, I think it's #6 on the CD... HA!
Back to top Go down
emma&slim09

emma&slim09

Number of posts : 163

Using a Hauler?!?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Using a Hauler?!?!   Using a Hauler?!?! Icon_minitimeApril 17th 2007, 6:50 pm

When my mom got her horse they shipped him from Tennessee to Texas for 500 I think. I can't remember the name of the hauler but they were good. The took breaks every 2 hours and stopped for 45 minutes to give the horses water and let them rest then started again. I'll find out who they are again and get their website for you.
Back to top Go down
Sip of Rum

Sip of Rum

Number of posts : 565

Using a Hauler?!?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Using a Hauler?!?!   Using a Hauler?!?! Icon_minitimeApril 17th 2007, 9:00 pm

Emma, thanks that would be awsome!

So far unless I can find a WAY cheaper hauler we're doing it ourselves...i'm just worried because I've never hauled Cisco for over like an hour! But I do know he came from montana but still...haha

Thanks everyone...my dad should have the route soon, its not that hard! haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Using a Hauler?!?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Using a Hauler?!?!   Using a Hauler?!?! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Using a Hauler?!?!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Equine Online :: General Off Topic Discussions-
Jump to: