Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fishing Tournament

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Bucks&Blues

Bucks&Blues

Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2007-02-10

Fishing Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Fishing Tournament   Fishing Tournament Icon_minitimeApril 8th 2007, 5:40 pm

Any Texas people going to the Mr. Crappie Tournament?

Im going, I'll be up at 3 am to get the best bait before they sell out. I love crappie fishing, its better than cat fishin.

Grand prize is a new Ford and a Fishing Boat! When I win, lol, I'll be sure to take pics!
Back to top Go down
Sip of Rum

Sip of Rum

Number of posts : 565

Fishing Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fishing Tournament   Fishing Tournament Icon_minitimeApril 8th 2007, 6:17 pm

Ah, sweet!! Sounds like fun, except for the 3 am part! You better win, or at least have LOTS of fun!!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
emma&slim09

emma&slim09

Number of posts : 163

Fishing Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fishing Tournament   Fishing Tournament Icon_minitimeApril 8th 2007, 6:47 pm

Cool! Have fun. I wouldn't be able to do it. I'd be able to catch it then hand the pole off to someone else to get it off the hook cause I don't like the feel of fish. *GROSS* Hope ya win. Where's it at?
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Fishing Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fishing Tournament   Fishing Tournament Icon_minitimeApril 9th 2007, 12:50 am

Well, you're always more than welcome to come over here. Rick was fishing last weekend, and he came in with his eyes big as all get out... I just caught the biggest danged crappie I've ever seen in my life in our pond... okay, yeah... no, I'm serious, he says, it's the biggest one I ever saw. Okay, well, you should've kept the sucker and I would've had it mounted for ya... I don't get much in to fishing.

Now, on the other hand, I've got a brother-in-law that's a big time bass fisherman. Last year, he won a bass boat and big time cash. My sister grabbed that cash right up, paid on the credit cards, and sold the boat, as he'd just bought a brand new boat.

When we were over there today for Easter, I took a picture of all of his tropies...Lordy, when you first went into his "fish shop" or whatever he calls it, looks like a danged fish shop, literally. I've never seen so many danged packages of bait in my life. Looked at his boat, and I counted 14 fishing poles - told him I thought he needed another one. Criminey sakes alive.

I hate fishing, though, just way too danged boring for me. But I'll dang sure ride in the boat with ya! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
QHorse163

QHorse163

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2007-02-12

Fishing Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fishing Tournament   Fishing Tournament Icon_minitimeApril 9th 2007, 1:33 am

Good luck! Smile I haven't been fishing in a long time, but it is pretty fun. I agree with Emma&Slim, though, I don't like to touch the fish! haha.

7C - My brother is into bass fishing, too. I can imagine what your brother-in-law's "fish shop" must look like... My brother is only into it on a small scale and he's taken over our guest bedroom and has several different rods and tons of baits and lures. I can only imagine what the real deal is like! lol. My parents got him a small bass boat for Christmas the year before last. He really likes it though, and has met some nice guys that have been doing it for a long time that are teaching him the ropes. Smile He keeps trying to talk me into doing the female Bassmaster's tour. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Fishing Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fishing Tournament   Fishing Tournament Icon_minitimeApril 9th 2007, 2:15 am

Well, I'm telling ya, he takes his fishing real seriously! My brother-in-law is actually the head basketball coach at a 4A school, and they live on ... I think it's Cedar Creek Lake in Mabank. That's where he won the boat and the big money last year. I don't know if they'll ever meet up, but if he ever hears the name Mark Allen... tell him to walk up to him and say, hey, I know you... sorta... HA!
Back to top Go down
Bucks&Blues

Bucks&Blues

Number of posts : 548

Fishing Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fishing Tournament   Fishing Tournament Icon_minitimeApril 9th 2007, 12:51 pm

This year its a Lake Ray Hubbard, in the past it has always been at Lake Lavon. Since Lavon got the worst of water levels, they moved it here. Also they probably moved it since Bass Pro Shops opened that new store here too.

Lol, I know what you mean about touching fish. There are only 2 fish I will touch to get off the hook. And they are Bass, all bass, and the crappie. When crappie season is over, I start catfishin, and I hate those things! They come out of the water squeaking and talking, and then their fins slice you right open. Those little freaks hurt.

Im excited, I even dreamed about it last night. Who knows, I might win the truck AND the boat!

7C- Are you serious? I can fish your pond? Oh lord, Id be there til they decided they werent going to bite anymore! My dad got me started on fishing, and been dropping lines ever since.

QHorse- You should definately do the Bassmasters Tour! Bass are fun, they like to fight, and they are aggressive as all get out. You might like it!!
Back to top Go down
QHorse163

QHorse163

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2007-02-12

Fishing Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fishing Tournament   Fishing Tournament Icon_minitimeApril 9th 2007, 2:52 pm

lol. I will have to get my brother to take me out fishing sometime this summer. I haven't gotten a ride in his boat yet. No I don't think I'll ever progress to doing tournaments (horses pretty much fill up my free time! cheers), but it would be nice to try it occasionally! I was never very good at fishing when I was little, so chances are I won't catch anything, but it will be fun at least! haha.

Good luck at the tournament. I will expect to see pictures of the boat and truck that you win! Wink
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Fishing Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fishing Tournament   Fishing Tournament Icon_minitimeApril 9th 2007, 4:03 pm

Oh, yeah, Bucks, no problemo. Trent caught a bass in there that was a little over 8 pounds... there was one in there a lot bigger, he kept eating the little fish that they'd catch. Haven't seen Whammer in a while - that's what Rick and the boys call him.

Course we had to stuff Trent's, and it's on his wall...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fishing Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fishing Tournament   Fishing Tournament Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fishing Tournament
Page 1 of 1