Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Another one out of Kid

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Another one out of Kid Empty
PostSubject: Another one out of Kid   Another one out of Kid Icon_minitimeMarch 21st 2007, 7:55 am

Dadgummit.... this is an own daughter out of Calico Sonny (APHA) palamino mare that was the first time I'd bred her to Kid... she threw a sorrel filly. I haven't seen her yet, but I'm not sure if she'll paint out, which doesn't surprise me. I was sure hoping for palamino out of this mare, since she threw a yeller and white colt out of my paint stud last year - loud sucker. But he says he's real pleased with her anyhoos, she has a dinky winky head and is a huge filly. Course I should've guessed since Calico Sonny was a sorrel.

Her and the black cutting mare are coming this weekend to get rebred.. I'm fixing to be covered in danged mares and Kid's fixing to get BUZY!!! I'll get some pictures up this weekend when they get here.
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

PostSubject: Re: Another one out of Kid   Another one out of Kid Icon_minitimeMarch 21st 2007, 10:59 am

I was sure hoping for palamino out of this mare, since she threw a yeller and white colt out of my paint stud last year

Now Did I see That right or am I seeing things! Hee Hee Laughing
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667

PostSubject: Re: Another one out of Kid   Another one out of Kid Icon_minitimeMarch 21st 2007, 12:22 pm

Yep, I said it! HA! Shocked Cool However, it's just because I wanted to say that so far every palamino he's been bred to, he throws yeller... but I ASSURE YOU, that's the only reason!!!!!

You guys have to understand, me and TripleJ have this "thing" going about this palamino stuff... Laughing

But there's still another paly mare out there to foal, but she's already thrown two paly's out of him so far...
Back to top Go down
Merikle Waters

Merikle Waters

Number of posts : 690

PostSubject: Re: Another one out of Kid   Another one out of Kid Icon_minitimeMarch 21st 2007, 2:38 pm

7cedars wrote:
Yep, I said it! HA! Shocked Cool However, it's just because I wanted to say that so far every palamino he's been bred to, he throws yeller... but I ASSURE YOU, that's the only reason!!!!!

You guys have to understand, me and TripleJ have this "thing" going about this palamino stuff... Laughing

But there's still another paly mare out there to foal, but she's already thrown two paly's out of him so far...

As much as it is nice to think that he has thrown pally's so far for a reason.... its all chance Wink

He only has one thing to throw when it comes to color, and that is e/e. He could carrie agouti as well.... but I am assuming he doesnt.

So he throws "red" everytime, and then its just chance at whether or not the pally mare throws her red, or her creme gene.
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

PostSubject: Re: Another one out of Kid   Another one out of Kid Icon_minitimeMarch 21st 2007, 10:55 pm

Merikle Waters, is there a test to tell you if your stallion can throw more cream genes?
Back to top Go down
Merikle Waters

Merikle Waters

PostSubject: Re: Another one out of Kid   Another one out of Kid Icon_minitimeMarch 21st 2007, 11:55 pm

Triple J Quarter Horses wrote:
Merikle Waters, is there a test to tell you if your stallion can throw more cream genes?

if you are reffering to your stallion Tucker (I think that is his name Embarassed ) he is a palomino obviously....

A palomino is a red horse with one creme gene, diluting his color to a palomino, and making him able to throw his creme gene 50 % of the time, the other 50% of the time he will throw the only other thing he has.... red.

at UC Davis there are tests, but if his parents were red and palomino, I can save you your money, and tell you that he is a palomino. He also does not look like anything other than a palomino.

Red + 1 Creme Gene = Palomino. Red + 2 Creme Genes = Cremello
Bay + 1 Creme Gene = Buckskin. Bay + 2 Creme Genes = Perlino
Black + 1 Creme Gene = Smokey Black. Black + 2 Creme Genes = Smokey Creme.
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

PostSubject: Re: Another one out of Kid   Another one out of Kid Icon_minitimeMarch 22nd 2007, 10:19 am

Tigerbythetailwind (Red Dun) PJ McKenna (Dun)
Honey Go Lucky (Dun)

Sire: Tardee Mc Tiger-(Dun)
World Champion - Superior Halter

Glad Im Tardee
(Dun)
Miss Tardee Finale (Dun)
My Fine Story (Bay)

Clabber Bar (Chestnut)
Mr Anniversary (Palomino)
Anniversary (Palomino)

Dam :Merry Anniversary (Palomino)

David Dawson (Dun)
Mettashquaw (Dun)

Yellow Sis (Dun)

Hope this makes sense.
Back to top Go down
Merikle Waters

Merikle Waters

PostSubject: Re: Another one out of Kid   Another one out of Kid Icon_minitimeMarch 22nd 2007, 11:42 pm

Tigerbythetailwind (Red Dun) PJ McKenna (Dun)
Honey Go Lucky (Dun)

Sire: Tardee Mc Tiger-(Dun)
World Champion - Superior Halter

Glad Im Tardee
(Dun)
Miss Tardee Finale (Dun)
My Fine Story (Bay)

Clabber Bar (Chestnut)
Mr Anniversary (Palomino)
Anniversary (Palomino)

Dam :Merry Anniversary (Palomino)

David Dawson (Dun)
Mettashquaw (Dun)

Yellow Sis (Dun)

Hope this makes sense.

Ok, So his Dam was Palomino, and his sire Dun..... Duns do not carry a creme gene, palomino's do. Duns are Black Based carrying atleast one copy of agouti... So there is a chance your boy carries agouti, however he is red based and only carries ONE creme gene. making him, a Palomino. If he recieved the dun gene from his sire, he would express it with atleast a dorsal and some other primitive markings.

Hope that makes sense....

So if he does carry agouti, when bred to a black mare (that is heterozygous for the Eumelanin gene (Black gene)) will produce

bay
black
red
palomino
buckskin
smokey black

This would of course be in the scenario that he does carry Agouti.

now if he doesnt have agouti, him bred to a black mare would produce:

Black
Palomino
Red
Smokey Black

They are genetically incapable of producing buckskins and bays since neither of them carry agouti. Agouti only effects black based horses, so to speak, if they have it, they show it on their hide. Now if they are red based, they can carry agouti, but will not express it since they are not black based..... but they can pass it to their offspring.. for example, a sorrel carrying agouti bred to a black CAN produce a bay.
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

PostSubject: Re: Another one out of Kid   Another one out of Kid Icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2007, 10:54 am

So in order to lets say, for him to produce smokey blacks, which I don't care for, should I have him tested? Does a buckskin carry a creme gene? See I thought a dun did. scratch
Back to top Go down
B2

PostSubject: Re: Another one out of Kid   Another one out of Kid Icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2007, 12:41 pm

Here is a great website for most things you want to know.

CPEA Creme Gene Facts
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

PostSubject: Re: Another one out of Kid   Another one out of Kid Icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2007, 1:02 pm

Tara, These folks sound like you and Merikle . Tara, this sounds like greek! How in the world did you folks get into this color gene pool thing.
Back to top Go down
B2

PostSubject: Re: Another one out of Kid   Another one out of Kid Icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2007, 1:05 pm

LOL well I have a paint stallion and I prefer to show yellow halter horses AND I am partial to the less common colors like perlino, cremello and I am thinking I would like a smoky black and a buckskin as well. Makes you have to do research on top of the bloodline research Shocked
Back to top Go down
PHENOMADACIOUS

PHENOMADACIOUS

Number of posts : 424

PostSubject: Re: Another one out of Kid   Another one out of Kid Icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2007, 1:39 pm

Tara, I may know of a AQHA foal cookin' for ya too then Wink
Back to top Go down
B2

PostSubject: Re: Another one out of Kid   Another one out of Kid Icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2007, 1:51 pm

PHENOMADACIOUS wrote:
Tara, I may know of a AQHA foal cookin' for ya too then Wink

Do tell Very Happy
Back to top Go down
PHENOMADACIOUS

PHENOMADACIOUS

PostSubject: Re: Another one out of Kid   Another one out of Kid Icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2007, 2:44 pm

A River City Renegade daughter in foal to a palomino roan son of Zippos Mr Good Bar ...may sound like an odd combo, but I swear these big babies float Laughing
Back to top Go down
B2

PostSubject: Re: Another one out of Kid   Another one out of Kid Icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2007, 4:55 pm

Oh I like those RCR horses!
Back to top Go down
PHENOMADACIOUS

PHENOMADACIOUS

PostSubject: Re: Another one out of Kid   Another one out of Kid Icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2007, 6:34 pm

Well, the mare is for sale too... Very Happy

I'll let you know what hits the ground! Wink
Back to top Go down
B2

PostSubject: Re: Another one out of Kid   Another one out of Kid Icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2007, 7:43 pm

PHENOMADACIOUS wrote:
Well, the mare is for sale too... Very Happy

I'll let you know what hits the ground! Wink

Tell them top make it a soft landing Shocked
Back to top Go down
PHENOMADACIOUS

PHENOMADACIOUS

PostSubject: Re: Another one out of Kid   Another one out of Kid Icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2007, 7:45 pm

LOL! Will do! Wink
Back to top Go down
Merikle Waters

Merikle Waters

PostSubject: Re: Another one out of Kid   Another one out of Kid Icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2007, 8:30 pm

So in order to lets say, for him to produce smokey blacks, which I don't care for, should I have him tested? Does a buckskin carry a creme gene? See I thought a dun did. scratch

No, he would not have to be tested unless you wanted to know his agouti status. agouti has nothing to do with smokey blacks, but pertains to buckskins bays and perlino's.

Yes a Buckskin is a black based horse, carrying atleast one copy of agouti, and one copy of the creme gene. Duns do not carry a creme gene unless they are dunskins (buckskin X Dun (having a creme gene, and dun markings)) but are a black based horse with agouti and the dun gene. the dun gene causes the lightening of the body color.

I got into this because I am breeding, and it interests me.... didnt really take long for it to make perfect sense to me... but its just like anything, you have to WANT to learn it.
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

PostSubject: Re: Another one out of Kid   Another one out of Kid Icon_minitimeMarch 25th 2007, 12:24 pm

Thank you for all the color info. Still sounds greek, But know I know.

Kelly where is this stud. Im looking for a Was Cremello, pleasure horse to breed to, but not sounding to promising now. For 08
Back to top Go down
PHENOMADACIOUS

PHENOMADACIOUS

PostSubject: Re: Another one out of Kid   Another one out of Kid Icon_minitimeMarch 25th 2007, 8:07 pm

Quote :
Kelly where is this stud

SE Minnesota, but he may ship soon... he's an own son of ZIPPOS MR GOOD BAR, and he is a palomino roan, enrolled in most of the AQHA and yellow stuff...I think he has some sort of something or other gene, because he's put color on EVERYTHING! ..last year he had several palominos, some palomino roans, a blue roan, a grulla, a buckskin roan, a buttermilk buckskin, and a buckskin.
Back to top Go down
Merikle Waters

Merikle Waters

PostSubject: Re: Another one out of Kid   Another one out of Kid Icon_minitimeMarch 25th 2007, 10:36 pm

PHENOMADACIOUS wrote:
Quote :
Kelly where is this stud

SE Minnesota, but he may ship soon... he's an own son of ZIPPOS MR GOOD BAR, and he is a palomino roan, enrolled in most of the AQHA and yellow stuff...I think he has some sort of something or other gene, because he's put color on EVERYTHING! ..last year he had several palominos, some palomino roans, a blue roan, a grulla, a buckskin roan, a buttermilk buckskin, and a buckskin.

He has a creme gene. And depending on the colors of the mares he was bred to, it could have upped the percentage of chance that he threw single dilute foals.... its all chance
Back to top Go down
PHENOMADACIOUS

PHENOMADACIOUS

PostSubject: Re: Another one out of Kid   Another one out of Kid Icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2007, 10:06 am

Quote :
Well, the mare is for sale too...

I'll let you know what hits the ground!

Well, the RCR mare had a filly! It's a red roan though Laughing
Back to top Go down
B2

PostSubject: Re: Another one out of Kid   Another one out of Kid Icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2007, 2:44 pm

Can you get pics Kelly?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another one out of Kid   Another one out of Kid Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another one out of Kid
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Equine Online :: Nursery-
Jump to: