Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What can i say

Go down 
+2
Triple J Quarter Horses
shazgeoff
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
shazgeoff

shazgeoff

Number of posts : 850
Registration date : 2007-02-10

What can i say Empty
PostSubject: What can i say   What can i say Icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2010, 2:48 pm

Well i paid a visit to N.C and within a week came back, supposed to of been there a month.

Reason being the trainer abused the horses. We couldnt stand to stay and watch. Said trainer beat a horse up by whipping it round head with reins, spurring on shoulders and ribs till bleeding and jabbing horse in mouth to make it bleed. He used bike chain for bit.
Most of the horses mouths were sore and bleeding.
This poor horse had swollen eye which he couldnt open, the following morning he then rode it again and the eye was white and cloudy. Needed vet treatment,poor thing.

I did contact owner as she a vet but was away at other ranch, she was a bit shocked.

I just hope she sacks him, as a vet she should know better then let this treatment of horses go by.

I cant believe this went on and im totally shocked. Complaints will be made, whether they get anywhere i dont know
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228
Registration date : 2007-02-08

What can i say Empty
PostSubject: Re: What can i say   What can i say Icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2010, 10:16 am

Sorry to hear this.. I know you were looking forward to it..
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

What can i say Empty
PostSubject: Re: What can i say   What can i say Icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2010, 9:35 pm

If you don't file complaints you are just as guilty.. That is terrible.. I will reframe from swearing.. I don't care who the owners is.. They need to take care of it NOW. If they don't they need to be reported as well.. No BS about this one..Take care of it now.. Evil or Very Mad

This is very upsetting to me and just stamps the way I feel about so called trainers.. Don't wast a minute on getting the ball rolling and get that FREAK away from horse and every thing else.. affraid
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034

What can i say Empty
PostSubject: Re: What can i say   What can i say Icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2010, 10:53 pm

A pics says a thousand words or it becomes he said she said Crying or Very sad really need to get some of these "trainers" stopped and if you have the evidence get it done. File the report and maybe someone else has but don't be surprised that if you don't have hard evidence it doesn't go anywhere. Maybe it will be the first in a file and if the get and 2nd and 3rd it will show a pattern and then they will do something...
Back to top Go down
shazgeoff

shazgeoff

What can i say Empty
PostSubject: Re: What can i say   What can i say Icon_minitimeMarch 31st 2010, 8:55 am

Ive got written complaints all ready to go, just got to download pictures and print them off. Only managed to get 2 pics though, 1 of mouth and 1 of swollen eye. Couldnt get one the following day of eye all white and cloudy as taxi arrived 20 mins early and i was on phone to owner at the time telling her to get vet out. Would that be enough?

Ive been asked by owner to hold off for bit so they can sort this out, what you reckon? they dont want there name ruined in this, of which i can understand. The owner a vet herself, so she should know better. Both owners have said they dont stand any abuse to horses. Shall i give them till end of week and thats it. After all its simple enough to give the guy the sack.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

What can i say Empty
PostSubject: Re: What can i say   What can i say Icon_minitimeMarch 31st 2010, 9:44 pm

No Don't wait.. Why would they even ask you too scratch There is nothing to sort out. The animal is being beat and that should not happen.

Likely the people who own the horse are in on and don't give a crap. Or, they would never ask you to wait.. Just because they are a vet means nothing.. They should have showed up with a trailer and taken the horse out of there the minute they knew what was going on.. And, pressed charges themselves if they cared about it.. Mad
Back to top Go down
shazgeoff

shazgeoff

What can i say Empty
PostSubject: Re: What can i say   What can i say Icon_minitimeApril 1st 2010, 7:45 am

Ok this is long and drawn out, but what you make of this. Ive deleted names except mine.

Sharon -
Just a quick update on the farm. Owner finally arrived at the farm late last night and is going to asses the situation today. The trainer in question has only worked for us since January and we have been in Palm Beach during that time.

I'm sure aware Owner is a veterinarian and will not tolerate any abuse. I also have a low tolerance level for an animal I have 20,000 invested in. I understand training a young colt can be rough, but there is no excuse for hitting or whipping an animal. That isn't training, it's loosing your temper.

I have one request for you as we follow thru, and that would be to do what you can to minimize the exposure, less we get the same reputation as the guilty party. Again, that is just a request and I apologize for your disappointing trip. I assure you, things would have been different now, as we are there for the summer. Thanks in advance, Owners hubby
Sent via Facebook Mobile Sharon Hutley 30 March at 17:37
Hi Owners hubby

I am sorry for all this, but i have already been in touch with the humane society,NRHA, AQHA. I been asked to put it in writing, i am happy to withhold this until youve dealt with the trainer. I have emphasised that it is the trainer and nothing to do with yourselves and your ranch. Ive also got photo evidence aswell should you require this. I didnt however manage to get picture of the eye the day after when it was white and cloudy as taxi arrived 20 mins early and i was talking to Owner at time saying she better get vet out.

Im sure you agree it is about time abuse to horses from trainers was stopped.

Yes it was a disappointing trip a lot of money for nothing, but we would love to come back once you have found a trainer that actually looks after there horses. Owners hubby30 March at 17:47
Thank you for your understanding and Owner or myself will keep you up to date. Perhaps next summer we can send you two plane tickets for a redo!! My treat!
We will be in touch.
Sent via Facebook Mobile Sharon Hutley 30 March at 17:49
Thanks very much your very kind
Sent via Facebook Mobile Sharon Hutley 31 March at 14:45
Hi Owners hubby
Any news on how the little palomino colt is doing. I was quite worried about him. Owners hubby31 March at 14:55
I only spoke to Owner once yesterday and failed to ask about him specifically. I will this morning and report to you. On a hopeful note, she didn't mention him as being in bad condition. Perhaps that's a good sign.

Also, she did mention that the brief conversation she had with the trainer (they will be sitting down today for a detailed meeting), he seems to be humbled. In having time to think, he seems to have had a realization that his behavior is critically wrong. After today, we will have more information on the plans for his censure / probation or dismissal, and will let you know.
Sent via Facebook Mobile Owner hubby31 March at 16:44
Just spoke to Owner and she reports the colt is doing just fine and has no permanent damage.

One option package I have suggested to her that she will present to the trainer, is that he loose a months salary and spend 6 months under the direct daily supervision of a top 20 NRHA professional, who would observe his daily rides and inspect each horse at the end of the ride. Any further occurrences of roughness, would result in termination and immediate reporting to the NRHA professionals board. This would be fairly stringent, because the monitoring professional accepts the responsibility of filing the reports.

At present, this or immediate termination are his only options. Should he choose the latter, I will request that you formally file your complaints.

Thanks for your support and concern.

Owner
Back to top Go down
shazgeoff

shazgeoff

What can i say Empty
PostSubject: Re: What can i say   What can i say Icon_minitimeApril 1st 2010, 7:49 am

Now what trainer is going to go there and teach him to not lose his temper, one he needs to get paid, 2 they all busy getting ready for futrities.

Also i looked on the NRHA professional list of trainers and Another trainer that boards his horses at the owners place is just as bad. So will they get this other trainer there to teach him to lose temper even more hmmmmm This sounds like im being fobbed off.

What you reckon?
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

What can i say Empty
PostSubject: Re: What can i say   What can i say Icon_minitimeApril 1st 2010, 9:16 pm

Sorry, it's all BS with no regard to the well being of the horse. And, why the hell would you give that trainer another chance.. The kiss *censored* about sending a plane ticket.. Mad

Come on, they don't give a crap about that animal.. Only how they look.. Keep moving forward and get the abuse stopped. And, don't let them tell you it is a barn hand and they knew nothing about it.. You are way too smart for that.. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Bucks&Blues

Bucks&Blues

Number of posts : 548

What can i say Empty
PostSubject: Re: What can i say   What can i say Icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2010, 2:12 am

I like how they said, "I also have a low tolerance level for an animal I have 20,000 invested in."

Does that mean the less thats invested, the higher the tolerance??

Sounds like they are trying to smooth things over, before it becomes public knowledge. Give them time to act on behalf of the horse, not themselves. If it doesnt happen or the outcome is not severe enough, turn them in. They had their chance.

These trainers need to know that they WILL get turned in and possibly barred. They arent higher than anyone else, they dont have the right to do this and think that they can get away with it! They need to fear the owners who entrust their ponies to them. They need to be kept on their toes at all times. I like to leave trainers wondering whether or not I am bold enough to be a whistle blower.
If they are so worried about their reputation, they need to get out and fast.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

What can i say Empty
PostSubject: Re: What can i say   What can i say Icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2010, 9:47 pm

So, bucks and blue.. You think they need time to think about it? I hope your horse is never in that situation while you think about it.. Could be dead when you get there. And, most certainly have a brain that is fried and makes them worthless.. If there is proof the horse should have been removed immediatly nothing to think about or smooth out PERIOD.. Mad

I have ZERO tolerance for neglect and abuse to any animal or humane.. Course the big insurance policy they have on the horse might save their butts on some of the money they spent.. horse Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Bucks&Blues

Bucks&Blues

What can i say Empty
PostSubject: Re: What can i say   What can i say Icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2010, 10:27 pm

No BJ, I did not say let them take things slowly and ponder the situation over... Rolling Eyes

I said " Give them time to act on behalf of the horse, not themselves"...which means that she could give them an OPPORTUNITY to do right by the horse. If that doesnt happen, then she could do it herself. Also, when I said "smooth things over" I was talking about the OWNER and the TRAINER trying to do that between each other, so that neither of their reputations are flushed.

Not to mention, if it had been any of my horses, I would have blown through there like a twister in a tornado park. Dont sit there and think that because you misunderstood my previous post, that I would sit on my fanny while my horse is suffering. NO WAY.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

What can i say Empty
PostSubject: Re: What can i say   What can i say Icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2010, 11:04 pm

EXACTLY. I wouldn't think about it for a second if it was my horse.. My point is don't wait on it. The horse will be abused again.. My horse would not be left there for another minute. And, anyone who does this is not going to change their ways.. It's who they are.. Why sit around and talk about it scratch What's done is done.. Shocked
Back to top Go down
shazgeoff

shazgeoff

What can i say Empty
PostSubject: Re: What can i say   What can i say Icon_minitimeApril 5th 2010, 3:36 pm

Its only the owners horses he trains, i think. Anyway she a vet, say no more.

Ive not heard from them and they not responding to my messages now so the letters go in tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Bucks&Blues

Bucks&Blues

What can i say Empty
PostSubject: Re: What can i say   What can i say Icon_minitimeApril 5th 2010, 6:43 pm

Good for you! They had their chance, and didnt do anything as far as you know. You should tour the country as an undercover, and then un-cover all the trainers trainers!
Back to top Go down
shazgeoff

shazgeoff

What can i say Empty
PostSubject: Re: What can i say   What can i say Icon_minitimeApril 6th 2010, 7:44 am

I so would love to do that lol. I gave these people there chance and they blew it. They thought i wasnt smart lol, i sussed them out for sure.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

What can i say Empty
PostSubject: Re: What can i say   What can i say Icon_minitimeApril 8th 2010, 9:01 pm

They don't care.. I wouldn't hesitate to mention the owners did nothing about the abuse after they found out about it.. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
shazgeoff

shazgeoff

What can i say Empty
PostSubject: Re: What can i say   What can i say Icon_minitimeApril 17th 2010, 2:14 pm

Just now have to wait and hear back from NRHA and AQHA and the humane society.

The owners are sticking with there trainer, dont say much does it what with her being a vet.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

What can i say Empty
PostSubject: Re: What can i say   What can i say Icon_minitimeApril 18th 2010, 9:04 pm

It says plenty. They don't give a crap about the horse. And, make sure they aren't the ones who are investigating the abuse.. They are just as much to blame if they go along with it and should be part of the investigation.. I would bug the hell out of the humane society. All this is still going on.. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
bluetide

bluetide

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2009-12-13

What can i say Empty
PostSubject: Re: What can i say   What can i say Icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2010, 9:22 pm

Any updates here?
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

What can i say Empty
PostSubject: Re: What can i say   What can i say Icon_minitimeMay 4th 2010, 9:04 pm

DITTO.. What's happening with this abuse scratch
Back to top Go down
shazgeoff

shazgeoff

What can i say Empty
PostSubject: Re: What can i say   What can i say Icon_minitimeMay 6th 2010, 11:47 am

Sorry guys bad times here at mo

Ive not heard a thing as yet, going to chase up relevant societys etc next week when i can get over the loss of my horse and puppy
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

What can i say Empty
PostSubject: Re: What can i say   What can i say Icon_minitimeMay 6th 2010, 12:45 pm

HORSE??? And PUPPY???? Sad
Back to top Go down
shazgeoff

shazgeoff

What can i say Empty
PostSubject: Re: What can i say   What can i say Icon_minitimeMay 25th 2010, 1:11 pm

Yea lost a puupy due to poisoning of some sort, think it was a slug but vet unsure.

My horse also has auto immune disease so not good times at mo.

Has recieved letter from AQHA saying that they will look into it. Nothing from NRHA
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

What can i say Empty
PostSubject: Re: What can i say   What can i say Icon_minitimeMay 25th 2010, 9:42 pm

So sorry about your dog and horse.. Sad

You got to pound AQHA to do somthing. Dont' let up on them.. Go to the humame society and get them involved.. horse
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

What can i say Empty
PostSubject: Re: What can i say   What can i say Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What can i say
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Equine Online :: General Off Topic Discussions-
Jump to: