Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Epiphysitis

Go down 
+4
Merikle Waters
Mare
Ragdoll
reiningfan
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Merikle Waters

Merikle Waters

Number of posts : 690
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Epiphysitis - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epiphysitis   Epiphysitis - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 12th 2009, 2:20 am

SilverBuckleHorses wrote:
There is a huge difference between not sugar coating something and being completely disrespectful. Fugly fits into the disrepectful category, in my opinion. I have a book here, from equine science, that completely covers every conformation fault there is. It also goes into explaining how proper conformation plays a role in athletic ability, how poor conformation impedes.

It does not use personal pictures of someone's pet as an example. It is not dissrespectful. It is free from personal bias. Science is educational, a judging seminar is educational. You do not educate someone with over bearing opinions that are laced with rudeness, even if they are based of factual evidence.

I know people who have had their horses picture placed on the Fugly Horse of the Day. I've talked to them on the phone while they cried, saying they loved that horse more than anything.

I have never in my life insulted someones horse that way. I will point out flaws, when asked. I just think that if she wants to "educate" people, she should do it with her own stock or illustrations, not someone's back yard pet.

What I also think about is this: What if someone just getting involved in horses stumbles along that site, would that not turn them off to horses and horse people in general? It only takes one bad apple to spoil the bunch. To me, that whole situation is the bad apple.

Sorry, I will step off my soap box now.

I totally understand what you mean. Trust me, I was once upon the chopping block as well. Generally though her "attacks" are upon breeding animals, abusers, neglectors etc. Thats why when she put up my riding mare who actually is pretty nice conformationally, well fed, her feet and worming UTD etc, I didnt have to protect myself, others did.

I guess what Im trying to say, what I have been trying to say (And doing very poorly I might add! Laughing ) is that she does have some informative stuff on there. Do I think its good she is trying to educate people? yes of course. Do I think she could do it in a better way, indefinitely. But overall, people are going to do what they want, how they want, when they want. More than one way to skin a cat. (whether its a persons breeding stock, or her judgement of their breeding stock)

I think I have a whole new outlook on her really, Im not entirely sure why. I guess bottom line for me is, if she featured me tomorrow, I wouldnt care. I know what I have, and I am proud of them. Took me a long time to get there, but I aint looking back Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

Epiphysitis - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epiphysitis   Epiphysitis - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 13th 2009, 8:44 pm

There is no reason to insult people. I have seen some of their horses and they were nothing to look at. Nothing in this world is perfect and beauty is in the eye of the beholder.. Rolling Eyes

I wouldn't own many horses I see on here. There are people here that would not own one of mine. Do we write insults on the internet to entertain people who have nothing better to do? NO we don't. No

And, I hope the reason we do not say what that idgit says about some one elses horse on here is because we know that these people love and care for their animals no matter how imperfect we think they are.. I love you

I am very picky about what I like and dislike. But, I can tell you there is no such thing as an ugly horse. They are beautiful animals put here to make our lives special if we are so lucky to have just one. riding

Stop wasting your life looking and mean stuff. It's just freaking mean and totally out of line.. ily If you have anger issues go scoop up some poo. It smells good and gives you peace of mind.. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses

Epiphysitis
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Equine Online :: General Off Topic Discussions-
Jump to: