Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The new projects

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
reiningfan

reiningfan

Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2007-02-13

The new projects Empty
PostSubject: The new projects   The new projects Icon_minitimeMay 18th 2009, 11:45 pm

I went over to my neigbors and got some yearlings to clean up, halter break and hopefully resell. They were being kept in deplorable conditions. I got the palimino and the roan because color sells around here.

Here's the bay, Bobby
The new projects IMG_3227

The new projects IMG_3229

Max
The new projects IMG_3238

The new projects IMG_3232

The new projects IMG_3233

Ben
The new projects IMG_3222

The new projects IMG_3225
Back to top Go down
reiningfan

reiningfan

The new projects Empty
PostSubject: Re: The new projects   The new projects Icon_minitimeMay 18th 2009, 11:55 pm

Here is Ben in the pen where I bought them from.
The new projects Brennenhorses120

Did I mention that we've been doing some selling as well? Tom is now sold and I've got an offer on Secret, waiting for them to pick her up.
Back to top Go down
shazgeoff

shazgeoff

Number of posts : 850
Registration date : 2007-02-10

The new projects Empty
PostSubject: Re: The new projects   The new projects Icon_minitimeMay 19th 2009, 5:11 am

They have potential thats for sure, with love and care,weight they will look great. Well done you for taking them in
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034
Registration date : 2007-02-08

The new projects Empty
PostSubject: Re: The new projects   The new projects Icon_minitimeMay 19th 2009, 10:01 am

they are definately behind but with some tlc they should pick up... and is that a true blue Smile hard to tell as rough as they are looking, should be something nice, so many people try to pass off a bay roan (still a pretty color if you ask me) as a blue but a true blue is something special.
Back to top Go down
reiningfan

reiningfan

The new projects Empty
PostSubject: Re: The new projects   The new projects Icon_minitimeMay 19th 2009, 2:03 pm

His dam is a bay roan, so I was kinda wondering when I looked at them in the winter if he'd shed up as a bay roan. Couldn't tell with all the crap on him.
They sure like to eat. They clean up every darned blade of hay in the stall. And some of the straw too. And wow, they sure know when I'm getting oats out of the container. I need to get them dewormed yet. Hard to do when they aren't halter broke and not used to people handling them. I'm putting 2 of them into tie stalls this afternoon and going to try to get them a little more used to be handled and groomed.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

The new projects Empty
PostSubject: Re: The new projects   The new projects Icon_minitimeMay 19th 2009, 9:46 pm

Get that wormer out and worm them at least once every two weeks for at least three cycles (do not use quest) and give them a full tube.. They will loose that bloated look and feed them. The only wormer that you can overdose is Quest. The others are really safe. Once you get the parasites out you will see a difference in them. 1/4 cup of soy bean meal once a day will put some substance on them and really help the hoof. Poor babies.. No
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
reiningfan

reiningfan

The new projects Empty
PostSubject: Re: The new projects   The new projects Icon_minitimeMay 20th 2009, 1:48 am

I buy ivermectin by the case from Jeffers. They got done for the first time this afternoon. It was quite the production.
Here's a pic of Ben from this afternoon after I got him into a tie stall and worked on him with a shedding blade and a curry comb.

The new projects IMG_3318
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034

The new projects Empty
PostSubject: Re: The new projects   The new projects Icon_minitimeMay 20th 2009, 12:03 pm

you need to keep a photo journal of their changes I think those colts are going to grow into real lookers and when you look back and see their changes week by week it will be amazing.
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

The new projects Empty
PostSubject: Re: The new projects   The new projects Icon_minitimeMay 20th 2009, 3:13 pm

Me, well Id go for the roan and pally... Hee hee... Seems like now that Im older, Im liking a bit more splash.. Of corse, next year if I get a pretty sorrel filly, that floats, Ill be in love anyway.. I love you
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

The new projects Empty
PostSubject: Re: The new projects   The new projects Icon_minitimeMay 20th 2009, 9:17 pm

I love a good project and the out come from some TLC.. Won't take long for them to come around once wormed and fed.. Basketball
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Sponsored content

The new projects Empty
PostSubject: Re: The new projects   The new projects Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The new projects
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Equine Online :: General Off Topic Discussions-
Jump to: