Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Update on new horse

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Sip of Rum

Sip of Rum

Number of posts : 565
Registration date : 2007-02-10

Update on new horse Empty
PostSubject: Update on new horse   Update on new horse Icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2009, 7:08 pm

I thought I would update you all on how Buck is doing, I don't think I have said much since I got him.

He is doing great, it has been pretty wet lately so its hard to ride but I try find little places. He has lost some weight which is good but he needs to loose a ton more. The lady I bought him from said " some one told me he picks up the right leads but I never worried about that so I don't know how well he does and stuff" so i thought it would be quite interesting how that would work out, but... he does them GREAT, he does flying lead changes like no other, so easy. It is just taking time for him to figure out when I am asking for them, he used to just do it whenever he felt like it but it is getting much better. He has quite the attitude and trys to get his way a lot. Also, very hot. It takes a LOT to get him to walk and once you ask him to lope unless you have his head almost tucked to his neck he is MOVIN. lol I don't know what she was thinking that she has had him for thirteen years and he has always been like this. ufff lol. AND he does NOT stand still when you are riding. We have a lot of work to do but i'm up for the challenge!

He is not all the way shed out, this is going to be the first week it is 60 degrees all week Shocked but I thought I would share some updated pics anyways. Sorry for the quality, they are off of my phone.
Let me know if you guys think he is looking any better!

Here's the day I got him.
Update on new horse SarasPics152
Update on new horse SarasPics167
Update on new horse SarasPics183-1

And here is him today!
Update on new horse Buck1-1
Update on new horse Buck2-1
Update on new horse Buck3-1
Update on new horse Buck8-1
Back to top Go down
shazgeoff

shazgeoff

Number of posts : 850

PostSubject: Re: Update on new horse   Update on new horse Icon_minitimeMay 4th 2009, 6:36 am

awww is that a white stripe on his side
Back to top Go down
reiningfan

reiningfan

Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2007-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Update on new horse   Update on new horse Icon_minitimeMay 4th 2009, 9:04 am

Yup, he's looking better. Good job.
Back to top Go down
Bucks&Blues

Bucks&Blues

Number of posts : 548

PostSubject: Re: Update on new horse   Update on new horse Icon_minitimeMay 4th 2009, 1:58 pm

Hes looking good! Is he a paint? The bald face makes me think so, and the white stripe too. He looks like hes dappling under whats left of his coat. My buckskin did the same thing when he started to shed. Hes stocky, but thats how I like em!
Back to top Go down
Sip of Rum

Sip of Rum

Number of posts : 565

PostSubject: Re: Update on new horse   Update on new horse Icon_minitimeMay 4th 2009, 9:33 pm

Yep it's a white stripe. He is a paint. Well, part paint. He gets like a grullo color in the summer I guess... thats what she told me. He is a mutt though lol. 1/4 Arabian 1/4 Paint 1/2 Quarter
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Update on new horse   Update on new horse Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Update on new horse
Page 1 of 1