Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

critiques/opinions please

Go down 
+3
Triple J Quarter Horses
reiningfan
shazgeoff
7 posters
AuthorMessage
shazgeoff

shazgeoff

Number of posts : 850
Registration date : 2007-02-10

critiques/opinions please Empty
PostSubject: critiques/opinions please   critiques/opinions please Icon_minitimeApril 28th 2009, 6:44 am

Looking for reiner.

Ive found 3 i like but need your critical eyes.

This first one is in Dreamhorse,had pics thru and she looks nice. What you think of the videos? She is also in reinersworld. Breeding i`ll let you decide.
http://www.dreamhorse.com/show_horse.php?form_horse_id=1386851&share_this=Y

This second one in reiners world is the 30th one down,Harmonys genuine Jil
Breeding ok,trainer said she hasnt time to take pics which i thought was odd. But will contact owner and send some to me.Theres 2 videos of her,the 09 one better.
http://www.reinersworld.com/forsale/finishedmares.html

Then theres this one
Breeding well what can i say,great
Video was taken last year when she was a 3 year old

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsa4K7UYYYU

http://www.am-risingstarranch.com/paginas/AMRisingStarsForSale

She the pally,the price of her is well alot higher but come on guys please let me know what you think
Back to top Go down
reiningfan

reiningfan

Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2007-02-13

PostSubject: Re: critiques/opinions please   critiques/opinions please Icon_minitimeApril 28th 2009, 8:50 am

I'm having trouble seeing the videos. From a pedigree stand point, I'd be buying the last one, especially if your goal is to have her eventually be a broodmare.
Back to top Go down
shazgeoff

shazgeoff

PostSubject: Re: critiques/opinions please   critiques/opinions please Icon_minitimeApril 28th 2009, 9:05 am

Thought you`d say that lol
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: critiques/opinions please   critiques/opinions please Icon_minitimeApril 28th 2009, 10:40 am

OF the three, Id have to go with the last mare. She was more relaxed and more willing. She is younger and wasnt trying to go threw the bit. She was packing her head better, more willing to give with it, Besides that mane is worth a million dollars.. hee hee So what is her price tag, and where the heck is she?
Back to top Go down
shazgeoff

shazgeoff

PostSubject: Re: critiques/opinions please   critiques/opinions please Icon_minitimeApril 28th 2009, 12:54 pm

She is 15,000 Euros, she is in the Netherlands.

She the 1 i prefer too for exactly the reason you said, wasnt looking for a 4 year old as have a 5 year old in training. But want to get up and running this year, plus her breeding is good.
Back to top Go down
Bucks&Blues

Bucks&Blues

Number of posts : 548

PostSubject: Re: critiques/opinions please   critiques/opinions please Icon_minitimeApril 28th 2009, 5:28 pm

The video of the third mare is good, but on the spins she wasnt planting like shes supposed to. It might have been rider error too.
Heres the link to my reining trainers sale page. Take a look, you never know what you will find that you like. If they dont have what you want, they will find it for you!

http://slidingk.com/horsesforsale.html
Back to top Go down
shazgeoff

shazgeoff

PostSubject: Re: critiques/opinions please   critiques/opinions please Icon_minitimeApril 29th 2009, 4:04 am

ive already emailed them as there was 2 i like,but they didnt have pricing
Back to top Go down
SilverBuckleHorses

SilverBuckleHorses

Number of posts : 636

PostSubject: Re: critiques/opinions please   critiques/opinions please Icon_minitimeApril 29th 2009, 1:20 pm

I would say that the spin on the last mare was rider error. Watch the rider's legs closely. Not only that, but she got off to a bad start, almost sidepassing into the spin. It's very important to start right, especially with a young one, because they are generally not experienced enough to correct a mistake like that. She also spins better to the left than she does to the right, but she was set up better for it also.

She seemed a little bit lazy in her rear end up until she finished her second stop, after her second stop she was more engaged and her third stop was much nicer. Her first two stops, she was a little weak with her left hind, watch closely. I think it's mostly her rider not getting her to engage 100%, but that 3rd stop showed some major potential. Smile All in all, I think she is a very nice young horse that needs to be ridden some more. I think her rider needs some work, but it was first time show for both of them, so I believe they did really well Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.silverbucklehorses.cjb.net
SilverBuckleHorses

SilverBuckleHorses

PostSubject: Re: critiques/opinions please   critiques/opinions please Icon_minitimeApril 29th 2009, 1:28 pm

First mare, I don't like how she carries herself at all. You don't have to watch her videos for very long before you see that she's kind of reluctant to give her face, she just has a stiffer way of going than the third mare. She spins and stops quickly, but it's not real quality. Watch in the video of her spinning, she starts on one spot and ends up about four feet away from where she started. For her age, I would just expect a lot more out of her. She's not nearly as pretty as the 3rd mare and her quality of movement isn't up to par with her either.
Back to top Go down
SilverBuckleHorses

SilverBuckleHorses

PostSubject: Re: critiques/opinions please   critiques/opinions please Icon_minitimeApril 29th 2009, 1:43 pm

The second mare is SUPER athletic. She doesn't move with the same fluidity of the third mare, but she is pretty nice. Her lead changes are kind of rough and she not a very straight lined horse. Watch her try to walk straight, she has a big tendency to arc. Even in her stops, which she puts a lot of power behind and I love that, but she doesn't finish real straight. On top of her not being a very straight lined horse, she also anticipates, which I think is the real reason for her not stopping real straight. She comes right out of that stop in a big hurry to do a rollback, before she's given the command. I like her better than the first mare, I think she's more finished than the third mare but she has a few holes. Teaching a horse how to go in a circle is very easy, but getting them to go straight can be a little harder. I've always been a huge fan of the Hollywood Jack horses, I've had a couple personally and really liked them. REININGCHIK has a Hollywood Jack filly that's super nice, going like a dream. I'm decently impressed with numbers two and three. I think the 2nd mare is more athletic, but she is a little chargy. Third horse is just super nice to watch and impressive for her age as well, just a very fluid mover and if she can ride decently with a green rider, I'd like to see what she could do with someone more experienced on her back. Just my honest opinion, learned a lot working for the reining trainer and showing some of his horses, it's the little things that are going to affect your score Wink Honestly, if the third horse and the second horse were trained at the same level, then ridden by a good rider, I'd take the third one because she was nicer to watch work. And sometimes, that is what it's going to come down too, who is the prettier horse to watch. 3 takes the cake on that one.
Back to top Go down
shazgeoff

shazgeoff

PostSubject: Re: critiques/opinions please   critiques/opinions please Icon_minitimeApril 30th 2009, 2:56 pm

Thanks Jolese. Im actually trying to arrange a flight over to go see the third mare,heres a recent pic of her. I like her a lot.

critiques/opinions please Pallymare

critiques/opinions please Pallymare2

They answered loads of my questions and i like the fact she hasnt been pushed hard,she only ridden 4 times a week and gets turn out time. Fantastic
Back to top Go down
SilverBuckleHorses

SilverBuckleHorses

PostSubject: Re: critiques/opinions please   critiques/opinions please Icon_minitimeApril 30th 2009, 3:09 pm

She's sure built to last, really nice bone structure. She has a really pretty, clean neck and throatlatch too. I think she's a nice horse Smile
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

PostSubject: Re: critiques/opinions please   critiques/opinions please Icon_minitimeApril 30th 2009, 5:11 pm

She still has my vote! Of corse Im not paying for her either, Goodness you will have horses from all over the world.
Back to top Go down
shazgeoff

shazgeoff

PostSubject: Re: critiques/opinions please   critiques/opinions please Icon_minitimeApril 30th 2009, 5:36 pm

I sold my black mare as was just to tall for me, got a thing for tall horses after accidents ive had, she only 3 but 15.3 hh already, my broodmare zana who rides aswell for sale, buffy the pally foal for sale.

This is a once in a lifetime thing for me,never ever had a horse that expensive with good bloodlines like her and im fed up talking about doing it and not doing it. Keep taking steps back and buying babies,no good. Getting to old in the tooth to mess around.
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034

PostSubject: Re: critiques/opinions please   critiques/opinions please Icon_minitimeApril 30th 2009, 7:08 pm

good plan get something started right with good bloodlines that you really like. where is she at... If she is in this general area I can probably find some more for you to look at so you aren't just flying over for one horse. Let me know what I can do for you I would be happy to help. PM me if I can be of assistance.
Back to top Go down
SilverBuckleHorses

SilverBuckleHorses

PostSubject: Re: critiques/opinions please   critiques/opinions please Icon_minitimeApril 30th 2009, 8:29 pm

She's in the Netherlands Smile
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: critiques/opinions please   critiques/opinions please Icon_minitimeApril 30th 2009, 9:37 pm

The Reminic horses have no brain. They might make good spinners. But, they are not sound in the mind. Yes, I do know about this line. Got them right down the road and they use my arena. They just loose it. This is pretty well know about this line around here. study

The only video I watched was the Caspers 1st show. The horse side stepped in to the spin because it has such a long body. A reiner needs to be short backed in order to tuck in and spin with some speed. Also, run around in circles for as long as they do and get the lead changes in. No

Very pretty though and the long flowing mane will sell the horse at some point I guess. That horse is not built for what you want to do with it.. Good luck.. cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
SilverBuckleHorses

SilverBuckleHorses

PostSubject: Re: critiques/opinions please   critiques/opinions please Icon_minitimeApril 30th 2009, 11:15 pm

I still think she's a nice mare for what you want to do Shaz, I've actually ridden quite a few good Reminic horses in all honesty. It's all about what a horse is crossed on. I know that here in AZ, there are a lot of good Reminic horses are winning.

I think this mare is a lot more than just mane and tail. She side stepped into that spin because her rider didn't get her set up right and was riding her more with her hands than her body. She is a three year old, not an aged horse who has been there and done that. A long back is not an excuse for side stepping into a spin. There are plenty of long backed horses who can spin great. My buckskin gelding is one of them, he can spin so fast and tight he will drill a hole in the ground. He has a longer back. Longer, in fact, than this mare does. I didn't really think her back was very long. She looked pretty balanced to me, a little high in the hip maybe, but mostly balanced.

I think this mare is going to get better and better as she gets older. For a three year old to go out and look that quiet at her first show with a rider who looked obviously nervous, well, I wouldn't feel right saying she had no brain. I don't think it's really fair to judge a horse off of their breeding as a whole. The right names on the papers will help you sell her future foals and she certainly has those names, but as far as performance, there are good and bad out of every sire line. I love Docs Prescription horses, it doesn't mean I haven't seen some bad ones that have that name on their papers.
Back to top Go down
reiningfan

reiningfan

Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2007-02-13

PostSubject: Re: critiques/opinions please   critiques/opinions please Icon_minitimeMay 1st 2009, 12:39 am

Jolese, I don't know if you've heard of him, but there's a horse up here named Blue Boy Doc who's by Doc's Prescription. Totally know as bronchy buggers. Once you get past the bucking and such, they turn into good horses. In fact, his son Apache Blue Boy is a multiple world champion rope horse.
As to Reminic horses, I've ridden several. Every last one had a good set of brains. Like Jolese said, there's the bottom side to figure in. Because he's so popular, his sons has been bred to everything. I personally really like Reminic horses based on my own experiences with them.
Back to top Go down
SilverBuckleHorses

SilverBuckleHorses

PostSubject: Re: critiques/opinions please   critiques/opinions please Icon_minitimeMay 1st 2009, 1:50 am

I totally know what you mean about them being broncy lol, when I was working with that trainer, we started a Reminic lined colt and man, that sucker could BUCK. But, he ended up being a super nice horse and had a beautiful stop. I've never heard of the stallion you mentioned, but there are a lot of horses with that DP line down here, two particular stallions that I just LOVE are out of him down here and produced some great reiners. I had the pleasure of riding a nice black mare that I would have taken home any day...

I've particularly liked the reminic horses because I've seen them crossed on some REALLY cowy mares and produced some of the most athletic horses I've ever seen. I love a good cow horse and even more so one that can MOVE well. Nothing worse than riding a jack hammer in the warm up arena.
Back to top Go down
shazgeoff

shazgeoff

PostSubject: Re: critiques/opinions please   critiques/opinions please Icon_minitimeMay 1st 2009, 6:28 am

Thanks Jolese.
I respect everyones opinions and thank you guys.

Im flying out next week to see this mare as i like how she put together,would make good allround sort aswell.

We have several Reminic horses over here and not one of them dont have brains. I also like the Reminic look on a horse. I can generally tell if by a Reminic, they have that look.

Ive seen recent xrays and they all clean but will be getting more done.

I thought she did jolly well for a 3 year old thats not been pushed with Green rider on, i agree she can only get better.

Luckily on her bottom side of pedigree its not overly well known so she not closely line bred.

http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/rose+n+dunits+casper
Back to top Go down
SilverBuckleHorses

SilverBuckleHorses

PostSubject: Re: critiques/opinions please   critiques/opinions please Icon_minitimeMay 1st 2009, 9:23 am

just remember to always check those hocks! That's what has to last so much in reining with the high demand of stress put on them Smile Can't wait until you go see her to tell us what you think!
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

PostSubject: Re: critiques/opinions please   critiques/opinions please Icon_minitimeMay 1st 2009, 9:23 pm

lol! I did not mean the Reminic were not smart.. lol! They are smarter then most people and can control the situation. I just do not care for that kind of mind. Stand offish and seem to be in their own little world.. They can spin though.. Dancing

The horse is too long in the back to be comtetative in reining. But, I hope you like what you see. I think the horse is beautiful. Take your camera. We want pics of you riding this horse and a BIG smile on your face.. cheers
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034

PostSubject: Re: critiques/opinions please   critiques/opinions please Icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2009, 10:45 am

BJ I have to agree with you as much as I like that mare there is just something about her confo. that I don't care for I couldn't put my finger on it but she has a nice front end and a nice back end but the pieces just dont seem to go together well does that make any sense. For a horse that isn't being pushed really hard she may just work out ok. I also like the Remnic but it all depends on the cross as I sold a Docs Prescription mare for a kids horse and she was wonderful so it all depends. I also am a huge fan of the Peppy San Badger horses where there are a lot of people who say they are broncy but I think it is just understanding they are very sensitive you can't handle them as you would a Hancock or Blue Val.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

PostSubject: Re: critiques/opinions please   critiques/opinions please Icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2009, 10:28 pm

The Reminic lines are not terrible lines. I think I did not explain what I did not like about them. They are not personal. I like a personal horse. scratch

My friend down the road says you better be able to hang on. His mare, who is a daughteter of Reminic, will spin you right out of the saddle. She is QUICK and SNAPS when she spins. But, she will not take an apple out of your hand and has no use for you when it's grooming time.

She is also very short. I tease him about his pony.. LOL. I like em really short myself. I would love to see her spin him right off her back. And, she can do it.. He is a butt.. lol!

Besides being fast you need to show some class doing it. Have some nice smooth lines. This paly is so pretty. But, she is not a reiner. She looks like a clutz to me and is not built for the game. I think this horse would be wonderful in pleasure. I like to look at her. But, I think I would not want to watch her do some things she is no good at. Or, maybe it's a boy. Either way, you have to look beyond the pretty and what you want to do with the horse.. Sleep
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: critiques/opinions please   critiques/opinions please Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

critiques/opinions please
Page 1 of 1