Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

LOL just for laughs!

Go down 
+2
7cedars
Merikle Waters
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Merikle Waters

Merikle Waters

Number of posts : 690
Registration date : 2007-02-08

LOL just for laughs! Empty
PostSubject: LOL just for laughs!   LOL just for laughs! Icon_minitimeMarch 10th 2007, 8:07 pm

We not only breed Horses here at Merikle Waters, but we also breed Suffic (sp?) sheep. So after our first ewe lambed out and gave us healthy twins, we had our other veteran ewe lamb. I had to deliver her lambs as the position on them were not quite right. Since they are actually all my father's sheep, he made us wait a bit after she delivered the first lamb.

By the time I got in there to assist with the other lamb, I knew it was dead... It was breach, as well as had its one back leg crossed in front of the other foot which was hooked on the pelvic rim. By the time I was able to push him back in to straighten him out, there was no way he would be alive.

Once trying some reviving attempts on that little ram lamb, we knew he was not going come back to life.

Not only that, but we had issues with the ewe then getting sick. She had something wrong with the one side of her udder, and her one teat was not functioning. So we took action and removed her one lamb she had left.

She (Lucy) is now a bottle baby, who has lived in our house for almost a month now... She will soon go back to the barn, and we will feed her by bottle less frequently.

Here is Lucy!! LOL she is such a funny girl! and a jumper too! I swear! lol

Enjoy! (the diaper is so when she is out of her pen, she doesn't mess all over the floor!)

LOL just for laughs! Ladyandlucy2

LOL just for laughs! Lambchops

Here she is playing "climb on the big dog" lol

LOL just for laughs! Lucynbooker2

And here she is trying to play with my very confused "fetch deprived" collie lab cross.

LOL just for laughs! Lucy2
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667

PostSubject: Re: LOL just for laughs!   LOL just for laughs! Icon_minitimeMarch 10th 2007, 9:04 pm

That is absolutely adorable! Sorry to hear about your loss, though.
Back to top Go down
Merikle Waters

Merikle Waters

PostSubject: Re: LOL just for laughs!   LOL just for laughs! Icon_minitimeMarch 10th 2007, 11:20 pm

7cedars wrote:
That is absolutely adorable! Sorry to hear about your loss, though.

well, with sheep, its really not that uncommon. Last years bottle baby was pretty much dead when he was born, but we were able to revive him. and he is now a ram at another farm, friendly, and happy as ever.

But since these lambs we have now are out of 10 year old ewes, problems are kinda a given. They have good teeth, and are in good shape, but they are getting old. We also have 2 other ewes due here soon, and they are young lol, maidens, so we kind of expect issues to arrise...

And I never thought having the smallest hands and arms would be a curse... but lambing season, lol they are! lol

oh well, good trade, I help my dads ewes if they need it (ie, delivering a lamb) and he builds me some stalls in the barn for my horses! lol
Back to top Go down
jools

Number of posts : 168

PostSubject: Re: LOL just for laughs!   LOL just for laughs! Icon_minitimeMarch 11th 2007, 7:34 am

Like a Star @ heaven I love you Like a Star @ heaven Hey I LOVE your little lamb cat Really clever idea with the Nappy Suspect I am amazed she doesn't try & rub it off No Your dogs are fab tongue look unbelievable calm letting a 'lamb' in on their go fetch games bounce Good luck with the rest of your lambing Dancing Great trade for stalls Razz Wink

Embarassed BFW did you mean 'Suffolk' Sheep??
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: LOL just for laughs!   LOL just for laughs! Icon_minitimeMarch 11th 2007, 1:27 pm

Cute pictures. I just love sheep and goats. Looks like you have your hands full there.. Wait till all those foals start popping out.. You will be on the run.. Dancing

How many foals do you have coming? study scratch
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Merikle Waters

Merikle Waters

PostSubject: Re: LOL just for laughs!   LOL just for laughs! Icon_minitimeMarch 11th 2007, 4:44 pm

jools wrote:
Like a Star @ heaven I love you Like a Star @ heaven Hey I LOVE your little lamb cat Really clever idea with the Nappy Suspect I am amazed she doesn't try & rub it off No Your dogs are fab tongue look unbelievable calm letting a 'lamb' in on their go fetch games bounce Good luck with the rest of your lambing Dancing Great trade for stalls Razz Wink

Embarassed BFW did you mean 'Suffolk' Sheep??

lol I always call them suffolk (because its a horse breed of course) but they are suffic (i dont know how they spell it) sheep. Their traits are black faces, black legs, and white/black wool.

lol, and my little collie was not impressed when the lamb picked up her toy and decided it was her turn to play with it!
Back to top Go down
Merikle Waters

Merikle Waters

PostSubject: Re: LOL just for laughs!   LOL just for laughs! Icon_minitimeMarch 11th 2007, 4:47 pm

Bluejay wrote:
Cute pictures. I just love sheep and goats. Looks like you have your hands full there.. Wait till all those foals start popping out.. You will be on the run.. Dancing

How many foals do you have coming? study scratch

lol yea... My head is already spinning what with showing horses, foaling, selling, doing donated breedings, helping with my friend who had her barn and arena burn down, working, getting ready for college, lol its a lot to do for a 17 yr old.... but I will try my best.... and usually the area that doesnt get done is my schooling Embarassed lol

Since I sold the one APHA mare who was in foal, I only have 3, so not too bad.... and I left some space in between the breedings in order to give me some time to spend with the new foalies... I was a little worried with the TB mare and the APHA mare foaling so close in the same month... but I guess that problem solved itself! lol
Back to top Go down
Bucks&Blues

Bucks&Blues

Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2007-02-10

PostSubject: Re: LOL just for laughs!   LOL just for laughs! Icon_minitimeMarch 11th 2007, 5:04 pm

That is exactly the kind of sheep I want! I want an ewe. I have always entertained the thought of showing a sheep. But when I go to the State Fair, you will find me in the sheep barn petting and talking to the showers.

What do you use them for? Showing or food? Either way, she is as adorable as a baby can get!
Back to top Go down
Merikle Waters

Merikle Waters

PostSubject: Re: LOL just for laughs!   LOL just for laughs! Icon_minitimeMarch 11th 2007, 5:35 pm

Bucks&Blues wrote:
That is exactly the kind of sheep I want! I want an ewe. I have always entertained the thought of showing a sheep. But when I go to the State Fair, you will find me in the sheep barn petting and talking to the showers.

What do you use them for? Showing or food? Either way, she is as adorable as a baby can get!

Actually the mom of the other lambs I posted about before was a show sheep back in her younger days.... My old best friend (whom we bought her from) used to jump her and take her through obstacle courses... she won quite a few ribbons...

But since my dad is getting up there, he owns and breeds them as a hobby. I dont think he makes anything off of them what with all the feed, but he sells the lambs at auction. We get about $1.45 a pound for them out here.... not too shabby if you ask me! Some of the lambs do go for food, some for breeding. I dont like to think about it really lol.

But my dad loves them very much, and I dont mind them, its the goats that really annoy me. My poor foundered mare has her naps in her straw, and the goats come out and stand on her. She is way to patient for her own good! I have to catch a picture of that one day!
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

PostSubject: Re: LOL just for laughs!   LOL just for laughs! Icon_minitimeMarch 11th 2007, 8:25 pm

So the question is DOES SHE KNOW SHE IS A LAMB? OR does she think she is a DOG? Wink
Love it, boy does that bring back memories! Smile
Back to top Go down
Merikle Waters

Merikle Waters

PostSubject: Re: LOL just for laughs!   LOL just for laughs! Icon_minitimeMarch 11th 2007, 10:11 pm

Triple J Quarter Horses wrote:
So the question is DOES SHE KNOW SHE IS A LAMB? OR does she think she is a DOG? Wink
Love it, boy does that bring back memories! Smile

lol, well by the way she jumps the 2 foot walls of her pen.... I think she thinks she's a Horse! lol Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LOL just for laughs!   LOL just for laughs! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

LOL just for laughs!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Equine Online :: Nursery-
Jump to: