Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Naming Babies

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
reiningfan

reiningfan

Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2007-02-13

Naming Babies Empty
PostSubject: Naming Babies   Naming Babies Icon_minitimeJune 20th 2008, 9:20 am

This just gets harder and harder, doesn't it.
For some of them, they earn their name. Like last year we had Oscar, as in the grouch from Sesame Street. But others, I just don't know.
Vamp's baby this year was born on April 24th. Finally we decided the other day to call her Carrie because Vamp's reg. name has Carrie in it. The kids figured we needed to call her something other than "Vamp's filly". And the bay pinto just gets called Missy, so I suppose that'll be her name.
How do you guys pick names? Do they just come to you, do they come from the pedigree, do they earn them somehow, or a little bit of each?
Back to top Go down
Merikle Waters

Merikle Waters

Number of posts : 690
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Naming Babies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naming Babies   Naming Babies Icon_minitimeJune 21st 2008, 2:23 pm

My babies are either named when they are concieved, or I go through a list of names I've written out to pick through.

I just pick a name that seems to suit them. "Vee" from this year I had named before she was concieved.... And Indy, is just like Indiana because his dams name is Virginia.

Now Merike's baby... well I seem to be on a "L" Streak with her, so i will continue it to the best of my ability Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

Naming Babies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naming Babies   Naming Babies Icon_minitimeJune 21st 2008, 9:15 pm

I find barn names are very easy. It's the registered name that I have to take some time with and research to make sure the name is not taken.. All mine get human names and that pops right out when I see their darling little faces when they are born.. ily Dancing
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Sponsored content

Naming Babies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naming Babies   Naming Babies Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Naming Babies
Page 1 of 1