Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

He's Here!!!!

Go down 
+5
Kidd Kuhlmann
standbytrucker
Lynn M.
Triple J Quarter Horses
Mare
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Merikle Waters

Merikle Waters

Number of posts : 690
Registration date : 2007-02-08

He's Here!!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: He's Here!!!!   He's Here!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMay 9th 2008, 4:47 am

Mare wrote:
He does have some black in his tail and some black long hair in his mane above the withers and looks like his legs will shed off dark. Can Pali's have black in their tails or do they have to be blonde?
He's Here!!!! - Page 2 Babeand08colt027

WOW much lighter out in the sunshine! You've got yourself a beautiful golden pally there! GORGEOUS! Very Happy

ETA: Oh and DUH! i so did not read where you said the sire was a cremello! LOL Your only options there when bred to a bay were pally, buckskin and smokey black! haha I need to read better I guess?

Definetly a pally Very Happy

Oh and when it comes to "chocolate" pally's... they are really just a sooty palomino... Sooty can easily be seen on bay mares... It looks as if someone took some soot and sprinkled it over them... either heavily, or lightly.
Back to top Go down
Mare

Mare

Number of posts : 522
Registration date : 2007-04-16

PostSubject: Re: He's Here!!!!   He's Here!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMay 9th 2008, 3:37 pm

That would be my luck. He was already spoken for if it came out a Buckskin Stud colt. Oh well I'm sure there will be someone out there that wants a Pali. If not I'll just add another one to my collection.
Thanks for the help on the color guessing.
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

PostSubject: Re: He's Here!!!!   He's Here!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMay 9th 2008, 3:57 pm

Quote :
Without seeing a full body shot of the baby you posted T-J, I would call him a bay (it looks like his mane is black?). Its actually surprising how many horses are born with counter shading and mock dorsals. Since its hard to tell, usually you look for atleast 2 "pieces" of dun factor on them, and a dorsal stripe should be one of those.

She shed off Liver Chestnut. She tricked us all with Bleeding over the shoulders, Dorsal, and Barring... She was out of a Palomino. Not a yellow dun but Palomino and sorrel.
From all I have been told and reading I have done, They tell me, U Of Davis, and AQHA tell me, Dun cannot skip a generation.
This foal could be tested to tell you what you have! ?????????????????????
Back to top Go down
Merikle Waters

Merikle Waters

Number of posts : 690

PostSubject: Re: He's Here!!!!   He's Here!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMay 10th 2008, 12:39 am

Triple J Quarter Horses wrote:
Quote :
Without seeing a full body shot of the baby you posted T-J, I would call him a bay (it looks like his mane is black?). Its actually surprising how many horses are born with counter shading and mock dorsals. Since its hard to tell, usually you look for atleast 2 "pieces" of dun factor on them, and a dorsal stripe should be one of those.

She shed off Liver Chestnut. She tricked us all with Bleeding over the shoulders, Dorsal, and Barring... She was out of a Palomino. Not a yellow dun but Palomino and sorrel.
From all I have been told and reading I have done, They tell me, U Of Davis, and AQHA tell me, Dun cannot skip a generation.
This foal could be tested to tell you what you have! ?????????????????????

wow tricky tricky eh? before I knew color genetics I could not for the life of me figure out what my pally stud and dun mare had produced... turns out she's a dunskin. That filly is very pretty T-J! But red to red always throws a red... different shades of course but thats it. Put the cream gene on one of the red parents, and all you can get is red or pally.

And nope, dun cannot skip a generation... Really no gene's can. Maybe on one parent is not visible...for exampe.... you breed a black to a red and get a bay, That tells you the red carried agouti. Thats why when I do color combo's all I need to know is colors of parents, because they are the one's who determine babies color. Grey is the only touchy one... unless someone knew or owned them when they were young and knew their color base... its hard since grey is a modifier as well.

A cremello bred to a bay can only produce a buckskin, pally or smokey black (they simply look black, but when you have a double dilute parent, you know for sure it carries the cream gene.)

Mare - I would not test this foal... all that you dont know is wether he got agouti or not... since he's red based, if he had agouti you wouldnt see it. Double Dilute sire, bay dam, you have a pally Very Happy if he was buckskin, you would see even a tiny bit of black on his legs.
Back to top Go down
Mare

Mare

PostSubject: Re: He's Here!!!!   He's Here!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMay 10th 2008, 3:39 pm

This is what I saw that made me think he would have black legs. His front leg with the black line going up. So I thought it would shed off black.
I never get this color thing figured out.

He's Here!!!! - Page 2 Babeand08colt019
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

PostSubject: Re: He's Here!!!!   He's Here!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMay 10th 2008, 10:14 pm

I see a dark Nose too. Im still going with Buckskin.
Back to top Go down
Mare

Mare

PostSubject: Re: He's Here!!!!   He's Here!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMay 13th 2008, 12:12 pm

My mare is getting bred back today so I hope the little girls out swim the boys this year. Fingers crossed that she takes on the first try. Now she will be bred to WD TO A SHEIK. So we hope to have a Paint girl next year.
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

PostSubject: Re: He's Here!!!!   He's Here!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMay 13th 2008, 1:18 pm

Put a Pink Tail Wrap on! Have them whisper THINK PINK! queen
Back to top Go down
Mare

Mare

PostSubject: Re: He's Here!!!!   He's Here!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMay 14th 2008, 9:29 am

Thats funny because I did try that two years ago. The vet thought I was nuts but he knows that anyway. Well it backfired on me. I wish they would just come out geldings. I just hate going through the stud colt stage.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: He's Here!!!!   He's Here!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMay 15th 2008, 10:07 am

The lil fillies are the slow swimmers. Basketball pray So, pray for the slow ones not the fast ones and you might get lucky this time and get some color to boot... bounce kitty cheering
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

PostSubject: Re: He's Here!!!!   He's Here!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMay 15th 2008, 11:36 am

Speaking of vets, My Vet knew how bad I wanted a Palomino filly, A Friend of mine and I bred to the same stallion, He was Pally, both mares were Sorrels. My mare ultrasounded in foal, when is came time for theirs, My vet put on the Ultrasound for them Pally Filly... Just to tease me and guess what??? They got one. So the next year I told the Vet, PUT PALLY FILLY ON MY ULTRA SOUND.. He wouldnt! BRAT! I got one anyway.. HA! cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: He's Here!!!!   He's Here!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

He's Here!!!!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Equine Online :: Nursery-
Jump to: