Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New Baby

Go down 
+6
RoperChick
Mare
Triple J Quarter Horses
Bluejay
denibun
SSFarm2
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

New Baby - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Baby   New Baby - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 18th 2008, 9:15 pm

I had a couple of orphans here. What I did was take some rolled oats, socked them in hot water. Then mixed them up with warm milk and apple sauce after the midnight feeding. They would eat that during the night and it took them through to 6am. I also used dehydrated apples and soaked them as well. They are just like human babies and get hungry. This filled their little tummies and took them a little further so I could sleep a little.. I also used the pellets and milk replacer. I only fed this to them at midnight to carry them through the night. They also ate some alfalfa. Just nibbled on it but they did eat it.. They turned out great. Their little tube was empty and they were ready for milk in the morning.. I also knew a womad who got a goat and milked it for her orphan. She turned out huge. Spoiled but really did well on the goats milk. Saved her a ton of money since the milk replacer is so $$$$.. riding
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses

New Baby
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2