Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Well, Kid's got another one on the ground

Go down 
+2
Merikle Waters
7cedars
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Well, Kid's got another one on the ground Empty
PostSubject: Well, Kid's got another one on the ground   Well, Kid's got another one on the ground Icon_minitimeFebruary 27th 2007, 12:53 pm

The black cutting mare... can't wait to see this one... and just what he ordered, high white on one back leg, a star, and a colt! He's a roper, so he wanted all colts... HA!

Course he's already wanting to bring her back to rebreed. So that's Kid's third time of being bred to a black mare and the baby's black. One of the previous black mares he was bred to is bred to him again, but she'll be throwing hers late this year, she'll be the last to foal.

I'll get pictures tomorrow... I'm having to play catch up with my work now.

This is definitely one I'm real interested to see how this little guy does. He's got big plans for this colt, and has the money to do it.
Back to top Go down
Merikle Waters

Merikle Waters

Number of posts : 690

PostSubject: Re: Well, Kid's got another one on the ground   Well, Kid's got another one on the ground Icon_minitimeFebruary 27th 2007, 5:10 pm

thats Great news 7Cedars!

The black foals out of black mares is simply coincidence, or some of them could be homozygous for black.

But I am happy to hear they got what they wanted! and a colt from kid! I want a colt from Kid!!! lol
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Well, Kid's got another one on the ground   Well, Kid's got another one on the ground Icon_minitimeFebruary 27th 2007, 10:00 pm

You are on a roll... Shocked Did you tell this guy that he has to send photos when they are still wet or people will be all over you case?Wink

And, those gentics just keep fooling mother nature. I had a mare that was registered brown because she had brown flanks and muzzel. Otherwise she was black. She foaled a jet black colt that was by our Buckskin stallion. He was out of a Paly mare bred to a Bay. I figured I would bet a buckskin since he was buttermilk. You can imagine what I thought when the colt came out black. He was also a big colt for a maiden mare that was maybe 14H. She was foundation bred and not a big mare. You just never know what is going to pop out of those mares...Dancing
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
7cedars

PostSubject: Re: Well, Kid's got another one on the ground   Well, Kid's got another one on the ground Icon_minitimeFebruary 27th 2007, 10:10 pm

I doubt this guy has ever picked up a camera; maybe his wife has, but I doubt he has. HA!

I probably won't get over there now till this weekend... Spent the danged afternoon with Dillon at the hospital. Long story, so I'll give you the short, one of Dillon's friends had a knife out during lunch, and his friend's brother just happens to be one of the guys that's worked for me during the years, a real hard worker, and somehow Dillon got stabbed with the knife. It was an accident, but Rick's about to have a yehaw. It was about 3/4's of an inch long, not very deep, but he got 3 stitches, which Dillon wasn't pleased about whatsoever. The way he's acting, you'd think he's got 30 stitches. Rick thought Dillon needed some ice cream at Dairy Queen, course Mom and Dad had come up to the hospital... Lordy, and as we drove by the western store on the square in town going home, I saw they had a 75% sale, so I ran in and Dillon got some new jeans, that they'd just got through cutting off of him, and had a heck of a sale on T-shirts, so Dillon racked up.... HA! (He was walking around in jeans that were cut up about 4 inches above his knee and the other was regular - mercy, mercy)

I got very little work done today, so tomorrow I've got to get it in high gear big time! Cool's a dripping, it'll be tonight or early in the morning... so I'll let you guys know when it gets here. But I ain't taking no pictures tonight... huh-uh, ain't happening.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

PostSubject: Re: Well, Kid's got another one on the ground   Well, Kid's got another one on the ground Icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2007, 2:30 pm

LOL.. Long as you have those shots to us by noon... Razz And, did you get the ice cream:scratch:
Back to top Go down
7cedars

PostSubject: Re: Well, Kid's got another one on the ground   Well, Kid's got another one on the ground Icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2007, 8:12 am

Yep, got me a butterscotch sundae... Know how long it's been since I've had one of those? I should treat myself more often....reminded me of when I was a kid - at my age, I need that a lot more often... jeesh!
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

PostSubject: Re: Well, Kid's got another one on the ground   Well, Kid's got another one on the ground Icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2007, 11:31 am

lol! lol! I love the vanilla cone... That wonderful smooth ice cream.. YUMMY Smile Dairy Queen is my favorite.. I get one once every couple of years...

We have Burgerville around here and let me tell ya.. When the hazel nuts are in season they make a milk shake. It has ground hazel nuts, chocolate and cream. You swear when you drink one that you have sinned beyond forgiveness.. There is nothing like it and it's so rich you can barely finish it... I get one of those every couple of years too...geek

Now we are hungry... Dancing Dancing
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

PostSubject: Re: Well, Kid's got another one on the ground   Well, Kid's got another one on the ground Icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2007, 2:20 pm

Sleep Hey wake up, Got a baby yet? Or is it a Drip, Drip , Drip Drip????
Back to top Go down
7cedars

PostSubject: Re: Well, Kid's got another one on the ground   Well, Kid's got another one on the ground Icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2007, 8:13 pm

I hear ya, Bluejay. Just hop a plane and we'll go to the DQ.... HA! Or I guess I could... but it's too danged cold where you live.

And yes, we're dripping, then we're waxing, I'm surprised this sucker just hasn't slipped out on its own.

I'm telling ya, this heifer was just freaking about Red's colt, and she's just rushing the whole scenario. Baby inside says, heck, no, I ain't ready, and I ain't coming.....
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

PostSubject: Re: Well, Kid's got another one on the ground   Well, Kid's got another one on the ground Icon_minitimeMarch 2nd 2007, 12:07 am

Those darn mares will drive you crazy let me tell ya.. OH, you already know.. lol!

I was looking to see how far you are from my Daughters in Rockport. I will be there the first two weeks in June.. Gilmer is agout 500 miles.. Crying or Very sad I thought I could maybe make a side trip and say HI.. It looks to be too far for that.. Neutral scratch
Back to top Go down
7cedars

PostSubject: Re: Well, Kid's got another one on the ground   Well, Kid's got another one on the ground Icon_minitimeMarch 2nd 2007, 7:45 am

Yeah, Rockport's just a bit far from me. I figure you'll be flying into Houston... so when you get over Dallas/Ft. Worth, look straight east, and wave... I'll be looking for ya! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

PostSubject: Re: Well, Kid's got another one on the ground   Well, Kid's got another one on the ground Icon_minitimeMarch 2nd 2007, 12:32 pm

I'll have to wave from Dallas.. We go there then jump on small plain to Chorpus Christi.. They do have DQ in Rockport so I will have to go have one. Idea

Texas is a BIG state.. Oregon is less then 400 miles to travel accross.. That would be down the coast side.. Hwy 101 runs right down the ocean side of the state. If I go east I go through desert and tumble weeds.. The nice thing about Oregon is there are the moutains, ocean and desert here.. It really is pretty to see all the different kinds of land you cross through when traveling.. And, of course, there are DQ's in most towns.. Dancing
Back to top Go down
7cedars

PostSubject: Re: Well, Kid's got another one on the ground   Well, Kid's got another one on the ground Icon_minitimeMarch 2nd 2007, 4:06 pm

That water in Corpus is just flat nasty...don't dip any toes in the water! HA!

Well, DFW's about oh, 2 and a half hours from us, so honk the plane's horn when you come buzzing through.

One of these days, we're going to do the Pacific Coast highway drive all the way up to Washington. I've heard it's absolutely gorgeous up through there. Plus, I want to see the redwood trees!
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

PostSubject: Re: Well, Kid's got another one on the ground   Well, Kid's got another one on the ground Icon_minitimeMarch 2nd 2007, 10:56 pm

DANG.. If I had more time and my Mother was not with me I could rent a car. Then come on over to your place. We could talk about horses till we were sick of it and you could cook me a nice dinner.. I could go back to my hotel and head back to the airport and continue my trip.. cheers

The kids took me to Aransas Pass to swim in the gulf.. It was warm, too salty and the beach was full of sea weed.. They loved it.. I cracked up when we got on the ferry and it took us over to the island. Why the heck do they not just build a bridge? It was less distance then crossing the river.. scratch lol! No

I stayed in a nice resort when I was there. Them and five kids was too crouded for me. So, I got a nice suite and loaded the fridge with goodies and the girls stayed over with me.. clown

The Oregon coast is not like that. You will have to go to Northern Ca for the Red Woods. They are something else and well worth the trip.. If you ever do that you better get a hold of me and I will meet you in one of the beach towns and party a little.. It is a very nice trip up the coast. I have been here all my life and still love it.. Dancing
Back to top Go down
7cedars

PostSubject: Re: Well, Kid's got another one on the ground   Well, Kid's got another one on the ground Icon_minitimeMarch 3rd 2007, 12:47 am

Oh, no worries, I figure if we're within 200 miles of each other, we'll meet up. And yep, if you get a layover in DFW, I'll come get ya... HA! We'll move one of the boys out of their room.

We've been talking about a coastal drive for a long time. I'm not real keen about going to California - Rick's already been there, during an earthquake, and a picture above his bed came down and bonked him on the head... now that was funny, probably scarey for him, but on the phone telling me about it, was just flat hilarious. But we'll probably get up there after the boys are gone, we get a new house built, etc.

I've heard so much about Oregon and Washington. Dillon's best bud moved up to Oregon (don't ask me where) this past summer, a child that I darned near raised, who I miss horribly. He's supposed to come down and spend the summer with us. I betcha he won't want to go back... although he's doing well.

Well, we went to a movie (Ghost Rider) pretty danged good, different, but good, and went to eat at Olive Garden. CAn't tell you how long it's been since I've been out to eat and to "town"... not Gilmer, but "town!" We just got back, and checked on Cool.... she's been rolling. She's got shavings all over her. She's not sweating, though, so I'm figuring some time early in the morning, maybe. She had the last two without me, so I figure if she pops, she can do this one on her own, too... but I'll still be on the alert, though. I've been waking up at 4:00-4:30 every morning, trudging to the danged barn....
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

PostSubject: Re: Well, Kid's got another one on the ground   Well, Kid's got another one on the ground Icon_minitimeMarch 3rd 2007, 1:05 pm

I sure love our cameras out there.. Even though I have slept through a few... Sleep

You do not have to go way in to CA. The redwoods are in northern Ca and it is very petty there.. We went through there last summer in our motor home on the way back to Oregon.. I have seen them when I was a kid and there really are something to see.. Cool

The coast hwy is a nice drive even in the motor home. We have a big 37' deisel pusher and I do all the driving.. Cruises right down the high way.. I would like to head up the Washington coast line. I have not been that way yet.. I like to drive about 4 hours then stop for the night.. We like to just kick back and watch movies when we go. Do not get to do that at home.. I am ready for a few days out right now in fact.. Basketball

I will not get to lay over in Dallas.. DANG.. I hate being rushed on a trip. Just not enough time. I would like to head cross country in the motor home and spend about a month out there. Maybe some day I will get to do that.. Suspect

I will check back waiting for that foal of yours to arrive.... scratch
Back to top Go down
7cedars

PostSubject: Re: Well, Kid's got another one on the ground   Well, Kid's got another one on the ground Icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2007, 8:49 am

Okay, finally got pictures of him last night. He was born, uh, let's see the say after Red's colt was, and Lordy you ought to see this little guy out in the pasture. He can cut a rug now, and independent... ooowee...

This is the best of the pictures I could get, every time I kneeled down, here he'd come.

Kid sure did help Mom's head and ears. He is for sale, by the way.

Well, Kid's got another one on the ground 3-04-07-bm-3
Back to top Go down
shazgeoff

shazgeoff

Number of posts : 850
Registration date : 2007-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Well, Kid's got another one on the ground   Well, Kid's got another one on the ground Icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2007, 9:47 am

7c

you just had to post pics of a black,didnt you Laughing .You know im a sucker for a black
Back to top Go down
7cedars

PostSubject: Re: Well, Kid's got another one on the ground   Well, Kid's got another one on the ground Icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2007, 10:00 am

Really? Do tell...Very Happy ... and did I mention he's for sale. Laughing

You need to buy his black and white mare... so far, she's had two black breeding stock fillies out of Kid... watch her throw something wild this time... HA!
Back to top Go down
shazgeoff

shazgeoff

PostSubject: Re: Well, Kid's got another one on the ground   Well, Kid's got another one on the ground Icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2007, 11:17 am

Very Happy phew i get away with that one then,dont want a paint or breeding stock;) lucky escape:lol!:
Back to top Go down
7cedars

PostSubject: Re: Well, Kid's got another one on the ground   Well, Kid's got another one on the ground Icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2007, 11:21 am

The black colt, though, is a quarter.
Back to top Go down
shazgeoff

shazgeoff

PostSubject: Re: Well, Kid's got another one on the ground   Well, Kid's got another one on the ground Icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2007, 11:50 am

lol! your just saying that now,just to wind me up,ARNT YOU.Exclamation Exclamation
Back to top Go down
7cedars

PostSubject: Re: Well, Kid's got another one on the ground   Well, Kid's got another one on the ground Icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2007, 12:32 pm

Yep! Seriously, though, he's out of a black quarter mare. Larry's got another mare that's a black and white overo that's thrown 2 black breeding stock fillies with Kid... Larry wanted all colts, I told him I'd do the best I could. So far, so good!
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

PostSubject: Re: Well, Kid's got another one on the ground   Well, Kid's got another one on the ground Icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2007, 2:21 pm

He has sleepy eyes. Sleep
Hes Cute!
Back to top Go down
tinks

tinks

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2007-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Well, Kid's got another one on the ground   Well, Kid's got another one on the ground Icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2007, 4:25 pm

flower hi merikle waters shazgeoff dauyter(tinks)i like the picture of your horse, i like different colour horses. my horse is soirl,but I want him to be a paint and he is 3 years old:cheers: .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Well, Kid's got another one on the ground   Well, Kid's got another one on the ground Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Well, Kid's got another one on the ground
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next