Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hey Bluejay... How's the colt?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Bellablue

Bellablue

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2007-05-10

Hey Bluejay... How's the colt? Empty
PostSubject: Hey Bluejay... How's the colt?   Hey Bluejay... How's the colt? Icon_minitimeSeptember 15th 2007, 10:56 am

I have been thinking about your little guy and wondering how he is feeling? Has he had anymore problems? Hope he is doing o.k. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Hey Bluejay... How's the colt?   Hey Bluejay... How's the colt? Icon_minitimeSeptember 15th 2007, 11:21 am

He is doing GREAT. cheers I had him gelded and a hurnia taken care of about 3 weeks ago. His blood work was PERFECT. Everything in normal range. cheering I was really happy to hear that. He is gaining weight and growing again. I am going to try to take some pictures of him today.

The only way to know if he really has PSSM is by a deep muscle biop.. That can not be done until he is one or two years old. One vet says 1yr and the other says 2yr. I am just going to treat him like he does since his diet is working out so well for him. No point in changing it now. And if he does that is what you would do for it anyway. icecream

I am just going to let him grow and see what he looks like next year. He is evengetting his hip back. I will post some shots of him when I get them.. kitty
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Bellablue

Bellablue

PostSubject: Re: Hey Bluejay... How's the colt?   Hey Bluejay... How's the colt? Icon_minitimeSeptember 15th 2007, 2:47 pm

That is great!!! I am glad to hear he is doing so well cheers I can't wait to see pictures.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

PostSubject: Re: Hey Bluejay... How's the colt?   Hey Bluejay... How's the colt? Icon_minitimeSeptember 16th 2007, 9:31 pm

I tried to post these last night but this pop up would not go away on tinypics. Evil or Very Mad So, lets see if I can get it done tonight.. Here is the latest. He did not grow at all for about two months. Now he is taking off.

He ran and slid and had a ball out there.. If I had left it up to others he would have been put down.. He was so lethargec and would not stand for very long. He laid down one day and did not even get up to potty or poop. Just did it laying there. I thought we were getting close.. I am glad the Lord gave me the strength to keep at him. I am not a religous person. But, I know when he speeks to me. pray cheering

Hey Bluejay... How's the colt? 4y6drb8

Hey Bluejay... How's the colt? 61lrtdt

Hey Bluejay... How's the colt? 4ta057m

Hey Bluejay... How's the colt? 5222cs3

Hey Bluejay... How's the colt? 5z5actg

Hey Bluejay... How's the colt? 53haihs

Hey Bluejay... How's the colt? 66txt80
Back to top Go down
QHorse163

QHorse163

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2007-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Hey Bluejay... How's the colt?   Hey Bluejay... How's the colt? Icon_minitimeSeptember 16th 2007, 9:40 pm

He looks fabulous! I never would have guessed he had those problems. I'm so glad he is doing well now. Smile He is going to kick some serious butt in the show ring! He is one good looking colt.
Back to top Go down
Cindy

Cindy

Number of posts : 871

PostSubject: Re: Hey Bluejay... How's the colt?   Hey Bluejay... How's the colt? Icon_minitimeSeptember 16th 2007, 10:50 pm

He is gorgeous! Ditto, never would have guessed he had any problems! bounce
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockin911.com
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Hey Bluejay... How's the colt?   Hey Bluejay... How's the colt? Icon_minitimeSeptember 17th 2007, 11:07 am

Clack, Clack.. Love the, Im a Baby, Im a baby! He looks great.! Your a good Mom. Wink
Back to top Go down
Cindy

Cindy

PostSubject: Re: Hey Bluejay... How's the colt?   Hey Bluejay... How's the colt? Icon_minitimeSeptember 17th 2007, 2:36 pm

Hey, how come my baby has a huge beer belly and your baby has the six pack abs program! LOL
Back to top Go down
Bellablue

Bellablue

PostSubject: Re: Hey Bluejay... How's the colt?   Hey Bluejay... How's the colt? Icon_minitimeSeptember 17th 2007, 10:31 pm

He looks beautiful and super happy!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

PostSubject: Re: Hey Bluejay... How's the colt?   Hey Bluejay... How's the colt? Icon_minitimeSeptember 18th 2007, 12:30 pm

lol! Cindy, he is not as short backed as some. I do have a filly that is a chunky monkey.. When he got sick he lost all the muscle on him and at one point had a tunny and his ribs showing.. Here are a few shots of the filly. She has just been haning out, eating and playing. We have done nothing with her except some ground manners. She was born in Feb and we still have not been able to get her feet trimmed. The last time we tried I took a hoof in the head when she came down and got 12 staples in my head.. So, we are working on that problem. She wanted to sleep for her phote shoot and we ended up with the best shots of her with her lower legs and feet missing. lol! She is going on a diet. She looks good. But, all that food and no work makes one tubby.. This filly is the second foal by Tommy. icecream

Hey Bluejay... How's the colt? 5yi3qrd

Hey Bluejay... How's the colt? 6bl9hu0

Hey Bluejay... How's the colt? 61jib60
Back to top Go down
Cindy

Cindy

PostSubject: Re: Hey Bluejay... How's the colt?   Hey Bluejay... How's the colt? Icon_minitimeSeptember 18th 2007, 10:21 pm

She looks good though. Sorry about the foot to the head. Glad you are okay. Makes me happy I can pick up mines feet without a halter or anything.
We are starting a small excercise program for her this week, nothing serious. It's funny, after 15 mins of free running she is ready to get out of the heat and back in front of her fan! LOL
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

PostSubject: Re: Hey Bluejay... How's the colt?   Hey Bluejay... How's the colt? Icon_minitimeSeptember 19th 2007, 12:04 pm

I noticed she was eating hay in your shots of her. That will put a tummy on them too.. Alfalfa does not.. You can transition her from a trot to a lope back and forth with no stopping in between and that works on the tummy too. She will grow out of that at some point.. She is pretty and refined.. kitty

Mine is on her diet now. I no longer give her beat pulp and DAC oil. Tommy is getting cut back too. I like him thinner like he is in the picture.. I wanted him to stop loosing weight so I added beat pulp and timothy cubes to his diet.. I am cutting all that in half. He is a big horse and wants to stay heavy.. icecream

I do not blame your girl for wanting to get back in front of the fan.. lol! Me too..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hey Bluejay... How's the colt?   Hey Bluejay... How's the colt? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hey Bluejay... How's the colt?
Page 1 of 1