Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Addvise on remedies for soft soles.

Go down 
+2
RoanRider420
Bluejay
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

Addvise on remedies for soft soles. Empty
PostSubject: Addvise on remedies for soft soles.   Addvise on remedies for soft soles. Icon_minitimeAugust 17th 2007, 9:02 pm

I have a mare that is 12 years old. I love you I just got her on a trade. She has such sore feet. She is very tender on the bottom of them. Now, she has never had good hoof care. We are working on that. But, it takes a year to turn around bad feet around.. My hoof man has me putting DuraSole on her.. He said her soles are thin and soft. She was out all the time before I got her and now in at night. Anyone with a better idea? I am impatient and want her to get there soon. study
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
RoanRider420

RoanRider420

Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2007-07-05

PostSubject: Re: Addvise on remedies for soft soles.   Addvise on remedies for soft soles. Icon_minitimeAugust 17th 2007, 10:26 pm

Hmm...don't know. We used to spray strong iodine on their soles to toughen them.
Back to top Go down
Cindy

Cindy

Number of posts : 871

PostSubject: Re: Addvise on remedies for soft soles.   Addvise on remedies for soft soles. Icon_minitimeAugust 17th 2007, 10:51 pm

Ahhhh poor baby, I'd follow the advice of the vet and the farrier. The iodine works well too. She's not sore from a past founder is she???
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockin911.com
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Addvise on remedies for soft soles.   Addvise on remedies for soft soles. Icon_minitimeAugust 18th 2007, 12:34 am

Keratex hoof hardner- Im not sure I spelled that right best stuff on the market I live in the flint hills and have some soft footed horses the vets and farriers around here all swear by it. Check out the trail thread I think I listed it there somewhere and it would be spelled right. Can order it through Valley Vet follow the directions and you will have great feet in about 1 month much healthier than iodine.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

PostSubject: Re: Addvise on remedies for soft soles.   Addvise on remedies for soft soles. Icon_minitimeAugust 23rd 2007, 10:56 am

The farrier said she just has soft, thin soles. I will check out the stuff Lynn mentioned. I picked up some Bioton yesterday to add to what she already gets in her vit/min mix. study

The other mare I got with her has really hard hoofs that are all cracked. I know it takes a good year to get good healthy feet back on them. I was just hoping I could push that along and get there a little sooner. I hate it when people have animals and do not take care of them. affraid
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

PostSubject: Re: Addvise on remedies for soft soles.   Addvise on remedies for soft soles. Icon_minitimeAugust 23rd 2007, 1:48 pm

that stuff I told you about works instantly it is a little expensive but worth it
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

PostSubject: Re: Addvise on remedies for soft soles.   Addvise on remedies for soft soles. Icon_minitimeAugust 23rd 2007, 9:37 pm

I found it and ordered it. I also asked for the ingredients label from Valley vet. I buy a lot of stuff from them. I will let you know how it works on Holly.,. Poor girl is so tender on her feet. As you know they ship right away and it will be here in 4 days.. cheers
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

PostSubject: Re: Addvise on remedies for soft soles.   Addvise on remedies for soft soles. Icon_minitimeAugust 23rd 2007, 10:28 pm

good works great! follow the directions to a T and don't get any on the frog
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

PostSubject: Re: Addvise on remedies for soft soles.   Addvise on remedies for soft soles. Icon_minitimeAugust 24th 2007, 11:10 am

I ordered the one with the brush.. The gel looked like it might go some place it should not be. I read some of the trestimony on it and looks like it might take about two weeks.. It would be nice to see her walking without hurting.. Then I will work on building up a healthy hoof.. Basketball
Back to top Go down
Ronnie Stewart

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2007-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Addvise on remedies for soft soles.   Addvise on remedies for soft soles. Icon_minitimeAugust 26th 2007, 9:19 am

I top dress my daily feeds with EQUI-PRIDE
it sells for around 45.00 for a 90 day supply per horse it is the best additive I have seen for maintaining hoof development It also works on founder horses
Ronnie
Back to top Go down
SilverBuckleHorses

SilverBuckleHorses

Number of posts : 636

PostSubject: Re: Addvise on remedies for soft soles.   Addvise on remedies for soft soles. Icon_minitimeAugust 26th 2007, 12:28 pm

Bluejay, I use a product called Silver Lining, it's an all natural herb supplement for horses, and they have different mixtures for different problems. I just got the quarter horse mare that had foundered, has both coffin bones rotated, and one of them is dropped. With a dropped coffin bone, it's really hard to get them to grow new healthy sole because the blood supply to the foot is comprimised. I was really having my doubts about her, but since I bought her and put her on silver lining the first day, she is growing great sole and in four weeks is already due for new shoes! This stuff really makes your horse healthy from the inside out and we had about 1/4 inch in just a few weeks, with good healthy sole growing now. I am absolutely positive this stuff will help her out. It tends to be a little pricey, around $50-60. for a three month supply, but you'll never make a better purchase, this is also the product that pretty much saved the life of my little palomino colt when he went through that immune disorder. This stuff is really healthy. I reccomend the #12 feet and bone support (Feet Relief). This is pretty much the only product I 100% stand behind Here's the link: http://www.silverlininghorse.com/store.htm and it gives an ingredients list too ;o)
Back to top Go down
http://www.silverbucklehorses.cjb.net
Bluejay

Bluejay

PostSubject: Re: Addvise on remedies for soft soles.   Addvise on remedies for soft soles. Icon_minitimeAugust 26th 2007, 12:35 pm

Thank you.. I will have to see if this other stuff works. I have so much in my feed program now. I also have 9 horses that get all that stuff.. I think my budget is out of wack.. lol!

I know in time they will be better. It just really agrivates me when people have horses and try to do every thing cheap. Like not take care of feet, parasites, teeth and good eats. Horses are not cheap and all you do is make them miserable. No

The gal I got them from has a bunch of them. Most of them she gets real cheap and then throughs them out. Then she just breeds them to be breeding them. She does seem to sell most her babies. Her stallion is homozagous black and white so she gets the color. Not much in refinement though or pretty. One of her clients did get a world champion after a top color shank beefed him up so much he foundered in all four feet and seems to have a problem getting mares in foal. HUM, I am not sure I would be bragging about that.. confused
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Addvise on remedies for soft soles.   Addvise on remedies for soft soles. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Addvise on remedies for soft soles.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Equine Online :: Veterinary Station-
Jump to: