Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Trail Riding, Show season First Aid Kits.

Go down 
+3
SuperLope
stockman
Triple J Quarter Horses
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Trail Riding, Show season  First Aid Kits. Empty
PostSubject: Trail Riding, Show season First Aid Kits.   Trail Riding, Show season  First Aid Kits. Icon_minitimeFebruary 20th 2007, 11:16 am

Lets put togather a first aid kit. I noticed that the ones showing in 4-H, Here in KY the 4-Hers can compete in a Stall contest. One of the requirements are. A First Aid Kit. So what does yours contain???????????
Back to top Go down
stockman

stockman

Number of posts : 356

PostSubject: Re: Trail Riding, Show season First Aid Kits.   Trail Riding, Show season  First Aid Kits. Icon_minitimeFebruary 20th 2007, 1:05 pm

Betadine, gauze bandages, a few of those stretchy colored bandages, thermometer, twitch, aloe cream, alcohol, ice bags, saline spray wound cleanser... that's all I can think of right now.
Back to top Go down
SuperLope

SuperLope

Number of posts : 300
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Trail Riding, Show season First Aid Kits.   Trail Riding, Show season  First Aid Kits. Icon_minitimeFebruary 20th 2007, 6:26 pm

tweezers! lol vaseline (for the thermometer silent ) vetwrap, bandaids (for people), scissors, wire cutters, bute, phone numbers (vet, owners etc) , epsom salt, zinc oxide, jug (or electrolytes), stethescope, stopwatch or timer, flashlight, duct tape

for extra points make an index card that has normal heartrate, temperature, and respiration for a horse

I had to do one of these for 4-h what is the theme going to be for the stall decorating?

remeber to take pictures!
Back to top Go down
Cindy

Cindy

Number of posts : 871

PostSubject: Re: Trail Riding, Show season First Aid Kits.   Trail Riding, Show season  First Aid Kits. Icon_minitimeFebruary 20th 2007, 7:15 pm

I have one I keep in the trailer in a bright yellow bag. It has
everything from gauze, vet wrap, syringes, needles, betadine, alcohol,
Banamine, scissors, bute (both paste & injectable), thermomoter,
twitch, saline, peroxide, furazone paste and spray, pen and notepad,
black marker, then all the people first aid stuff.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockin911.com
chinquapinryder

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2007-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Trail Riding, Show season First Aid Kits.   Trail Riding, Show season  First Aid Kits. Icon_minitimeFebruary 20th 2007, 10:07 pm

most off the above plus
toilet paper, baby diapers, spare set of standing wraps, mine locks,
banamine, natural sedative ( have used it and was so glad i had it on me), baby wipes, rubber gloves short and long

thats all I can think off a friend made it for me then i addded to mine
Back to top Go down
stockman

stockman

Number of posts : 356

PostSubject: Re: Trail Riding, Show season First Aid Kits.   Trail Riding, Show season  First Aid Kits. Icon_minitimeFebruary 21st 2007, 2:13 pm

You guys remembered everything I forgot! Chinquapinryder, what are mine locks? That's something I've never heard of.
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034

PostSubject: Re: Trail Riding, Show season First Aid Kits.   Trail Riding, Show season  First Aid Kits. Icon_minitimeFebruary 22nd 2007, 3:26 am

I have most of the same things listed above except I use chlorhexidine instead of betadine... betadine burns wound edges & chlorhexidine tends to be less harsh also even less expensive and has more healing properties...

I always have maxipads nothing better for wounds that are bleeding heavily esp. on legs- vet wrap on a maxipad and you are good to go my husband was appalled affraid when he saw me do that now he goes and gets them to restock Dancing oh I forgot I also keep a leatherman 10 tools in 1 yeah cheers .
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415

PostSubject: Re: Trail Riding, Show season First Aid Kits.   Trail Riding, Show season  First Aid Kits. Icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2007, 9:19 pm

My Crash kit has: roll of cotton, Furazone, Novalsan scrub, 4 x 4’s, Bedidine ointment, vet wrap, elastic tape, nylon wrap, Banamine, Bute, EPF 5, Equi-Spaz, ice packs, big syringe for pasting and duck tape.

I pack this when ever I take a horse out to a show. Idea
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trail Riding, Show season First Aid Kits.   Trail Riding, Show season  First Aid Kits. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trail Riding, Show season First Aid Kits.
Page 1 of 1