Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Changed My Mind!!!

Go down 
+3
Bluejay
Bucks&Blues
SilverBuckleHorses
7 posters
AuthorMessage
SilverBuckleHorses

SilverBuckleHorses

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Changed My Mind!!! Empty
PostSubject: Changed My Mind!!!   Changed My Mind!!! Icon_minitimeJuly 27th 2007, 3:54 pm

I decided to go to the show this weekend, definetly today, and possibly tomorrow too! I'll take pictures and let everyone know how it goes this evening. Cherie is going to show Scotch for me and she's showing Star too! Wish us luck!
Back to top Go down
http://www.silverbucklehorses.cjb.net
Bucks&Blues

Bucks&Blues

Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2007-02-10

Changed My Mind!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changed My Mind!!!   Changed My Mind!!! Icon_minitimeJuly 27th 2007, 4:53 pm

Bring home a Grand!

Good Luck!
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

Changed My Mind!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changed My Mind!!!   Changed My Mind!!! Icon_minitimeJuly 27th 2007, 8:52 pm

Good luck and bring home the points.. cheering
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Sip of Rum

Sip of Rum

Number of posts : 565

Changed My Mind!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changed My Mind!!!   Changed My Mind!!! Icon_minitimeJuly 27th 2007, 11:52 pm

GOOD LUCK!!! Have fun!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SilverBuckleHorses

SilverBuckleHorses

Changed My Mind!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changed My Mind!!!   Changed My Mind!!! Icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2007, 9:31 am

LOL, I DID bring home grand, hehe, he was the only horse in his class! Go Scotch! LOL. There weren't any two year olds either, which kinda sucked for us, not even a chance for ANY competition. I was actually pretty dissapointed with the halter horses I did see, they weren't really even halter horses... But ohhh well, hopefully there will be more people today and then hopefully we'll bring home first again! I would feel a lot more justified about the money then lol. I'll let Cherie tell you how she did with lil miss diva Star if she comes on here soon. Everything went well for the most part, I think this monsoon weather has planted a corn cob up all of our horse's behinds. They were all acting kind of snotty yesterday, Scotch was being real mouthy and I was about to knock his head off right there in front of everyone, I think I contained myself for the most part, but I CANNOT wait until this little yearling mouthy stage is over with Scotch and Chance... if not soon, I may tape both their mouths shut lol. (ok, I wouldn't REALLY do it, but I would threaten them, and have really happy dreams about duct tape. LOL. Ok, I'm done now...) I'll let everyone know how today goes when I get back, have a good day!
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Changed My Mind!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changed My Mind!!!   Changed My Mind!!! Icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2007, 3:43 pm

OK, we are waiting for the news on that Saturday show... doggie
Back to top Go down
SilverBuckleHorses

SilverBuckleHorses

Changed My Mind!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changed My Mind!!!   Changed My Mind!!! Icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2007, 9:02 pm

Well, today was kinda a big joke for me. We took 2nd, out of two horses, and a lot of it was my fault, plain and simple. I was kind of against going today because the show was in the middle of the day and it's been humid as heck here, so 104F with like 80% humidity, it was just miserable for me and Scotch. Well, I got there, and he was sweating up a storm, and by that time, I knew we were kind of screwed over... But, I already paid so Scotch showed anyways. Thing is, I was concerned about him being hot, so I went ahead and rinsed him off, which made him look like a big poof ball and his hair coat was kind of dull. He was in a bad mood too, because I was, because it was just miserable... Not to mention that the other horse in the class was really drop dead beautiful, and oh, I dunno, a January baby compared to my May baby. But, we still got two state points for the weekend, so good deal there, should get a high point championship by the end of the year through AZ AQHA. I've made up my mind though, absolutely NO SHOWS in the middle of the freaking day, not until atleast fall. Oh yea, and I am going to body clip Scotch. His coat is just too long to really look clean, so, clippers are going to be ordered. Any suggestions on what would work well for body clipping?
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Changed My Mind!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changed My Mind!!!   Changed My Mind!!! Icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2007, 9:22 pm

I would not go the body clipping route. I only do that on weanlings to get that fuzz they have off. Worm and Groom. Also, you can use dryer sheets to get the static electricity off them. Halter horses are good in the morning and that is about it. Clipping him will only make it worse. He needs to be under 200 watt lights from 6a to 10p.. Such is the life of a show horse.. riding

They do not even show halter on Sat anymore in Oregon. They put them in on Sunday afternoons.. Used to be Fri and Sat morning and you were done.. Another reason I do not go.. That is way too hot.. MANN.. icecream
Back to top Go down
SilverBuckleHorses

SilverBuckleHorses

Changed My Mind!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changed My Mind!!!   Changed My Mind!!! Icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2007, 10:01 pm

he is under lights that schedule, every day, no if's and's or but's. I worm him on a really good program, and he's groomed every day, about three times a day. His hair just looks like he's still got a thick coat on, no matter what I do. Only thing that ever helped is when he had a fully body sleezy on, 24/7. But, I will not do that to him when it's 115F out, not to mention that my once super easy keeping colt has decided to become a brat and eat all his jammies. So, even if I wanted to keep him covered, I can't afford those things every month. I'm just about at the end of my witts here....
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034

Changed My Mind!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changed My Mind!!!   Changed My Mind!!! Icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2007, 10:34 pm

have you tried the daily wormer and a fat supplement? that will really help a coat look amazing... my mares on the daily wormer aren't even groomed regular and they shine like new copper pennies it is amazing (they get other good stuff too of course Laughing )
Back to top Go down
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

Number of posts : 942
Registration date : 2007-02-12

Changed My Mind!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changed My Mind!!!   Changed My Mind!!! Icon_minitimeJuly 29th 2007, 12:39 am

My kiddos shine wonderfully and all I do is give them a little extra fat...
I've used several different kinds (corn chops, corn oil, and this new one we're using now that actually has a name Shocked don't remember what it is right now though)... Our guys are SUPER shiny and they don't get groomed very regularly at all...

The only time our horses got really dull coated was when we were bathing them too much and washing all of their body oils off...
Back to top Go down
http://www.kuhlmannequine.com
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667

Changed My Mind!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changed My Mind!!!   Changed My Mind!!! Icon_minitimeJuly 29th 2007, 9:19 am

That's a good point, Kidd. The only time I wash my horses is the day before a show, or at least the ones I'm working... they'll get rinsed, but not a full bath.

I don't know, sounds like you need to do some switching/changing on your wormers and your feed. I haven't touched mine in a while now, and they're shiny as all get out...I also put corn oil in my horse's feed.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Changed My Mind!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changed My Mind!!!   Changed My Mind!!! Icon_minitimeJuly 29th 2007, 9:48 pm

True on the daily wormer and oil. I think the weather is giving me fits though. It's warm during the day and cool at night.. scratch My horses have always had a nice shiny coat. Even the ones who are never groomed.. Brood mares.. drunken This year mine go back and forth.. scratch

The coat gets thick when it's cool and long when the light is not long enough. You may be dealing with cool nights as well.. Can you put on a breathable sheet at night Question

Other thing is buckskin have a different coat. I have been told by horse experts this is the mustang in them if you want to believe that.. lol!
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Changed My Mind!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changed My Mind!!!   Changed My Mind!!! Icon_minitimeJuly 29th 2007, 9:49 pm

PS, if you are putting water on him you need to stop that. You are taking all the oil out of his skin. Fan my dear... alien
Back to top Go down
Bucks&Blues

Bucks&Blues

Number of posts : 548

Changed My Mind!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changed My Mind!!!   Changed My Mind!!! Icon_minitimeJuly 31st 2007, 6:25 pm

I used Soy Bean Meal. Its old school, but it works great, and its worked on all horses that Ive known to use it. Its not expensive either.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Changed My Mind!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changed My Mind!!!   Changed My Mind!!! Icon_minitimeAugust 1st 2007, 6:12 pm

Soybean meal is great for their feet as well. Got to be careful with it though. It is like HUGE on protien. I used to feed it to mine.. 1/4 cup a day. It's really GREAT for a horse who has lost muscle tone. All that protien will pack on some muscle. coffee
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Changed My Mind!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changed My Mind!!!   Changed My Mind!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Changed My Mind!!!
Page 1 of 1