Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fugly Horse Website

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Rowdy, Anne & Razzle

Rowdy, Anne & Razzle

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2007-04-23

Fugly Horse Website Empty
PostSubject: Fugly Horse Website   Fugly Horse Website Icon_minitimeJuly 25th 2007, 1:38 am

So a friend enlightened me on a website and it is called the fugly horse blog. This lady gives her opinions on horses that she sees on the internet or people send her photos. It is quite interesting.

Here is the website:

http://fuglyhorseoftheday.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=2007-01-01T00%3A00%3A00-08%3A00&updated-max=2008-01-01T00%3A00%3A00-08%3A00&max-results=37
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Fugly Horse Website   Fugly Horse Website Icon_minitimeJuly 25th 2007, 1:30 pm

This is tooooooooo Funny!
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Fugly Horse Website   Fugly Horse Website Icon_minitimeJuly 25th 2007, 2:09 pm

lol! I read it all. Guess some people have too much time on their hands.. I agree with much of what they said. However, I try to avoid making fun of people.. kitty
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
SilverBuckleHorses

SilverBuckleHorses

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Fugly Horse Website   Fugly Horse Website Icon_minitimeJuly 26th 2007, 1:16 pm

I'm with Bluejay here, while I do agree with most of it, someone must have too much time on their hands to go around finding not so world show quality horses, posting pictures of them on a public website, and basically making fun of them. Over the years, I've learned to look at the GOOD first, because there are NO perfect horses, atleast not one everyone is going to agree upon.
Back to top Go down
http://www.silverbucklehorses.cjb.net
Bluejay

Bluejay

PostSubject: Re: Fugly Horse Website   Fugly Horse Website Icon_minitimeJuly 26th 2007, 1:39 pm

There is no such thing as perfect anything.

I think one of those horses she posted down the page, the halter horse looked like a Sir Cool Skip horse and it looked like his owner showing it. And, if they really knew what they were talking about most people do dress like that at a weekend show.. lol!

Of course they did show some samples of what they owned that were not so great. Seems some people forget that our horses might be our best friend. I do agree with the breeding remarks made.. Just because does not mean you have to breed it.. And, that plays a huge role in the unwanted horses in our world..

There are also many idgits out there with horses who are clueless.. I had a boarder here that was just that. They killed the mare in less then a week after buying her.. Was a shame. Nice big Shire mare.. They over fed her with grain and she died less then a week after they got her.. She left behind a 3 week old foal they think is a dog.. When I suggested they let the foal out with mine to play and be a horse they took her out of here. They have no clue and this foal will end up one of those unwanted horses.. They treat her like she is a puppy.. GAUD ..
Back to top Go down
RoperChick

RoperChick

Number of posts : 181

PostSubject: Re: Fugly Horse Website   Fugly Horse Website Icon_minitimeJuly 26th 2007, 5:56 pm

Bluejay wrote:
There are also many idgits out there with horses who are clueless.. I had a boarder here that was just that. They killed the mare in less then a week after buying her.. Was a shame. Nice big Shire mare.. They over fed her with grain and she died less then a week after they got her.. She left behind a 3 week old foal they think is a dog.. When I suggested they let the foal out with mine to play and be a horse they took her out of here. They have no clue and this foal will end up one of those unwanted horses.. They treat her like she is a puppy.. GAUD ..

I sure don't want to see what that Shire will be like when she's spoiled rotten and 17 or 18 hands!!! That makes me sad, it's not the foal's fault that she's being mishandled, but she'll be the one paying the price for it. People like that who won't listen to experienced horsepeople drive me nuts!!!

We have one of those at our barn. She is a novice horse owner/rider and who won't listen to anyone, including her trainer. She has a young green horse she bought (not a good combination to begin with), she spoils rotten. This week her trainer saw that one of the horse's tendons was slightly puffy (horse was sound) and told her not to turn him out, to hand walk him and to call the vet. She of course didn't call the vet and turned the horse out with other horses. Needless to say the horse really injured the tendon while playing with the other horses. The vet said the horse will need to be laid up for a minimum of a few months, she wants to give it a week off and go back to riding him!!!! She is ruining this nice young horse behavior and health wise and it's tough to stand by and watch. This person wanted to lease my 20 year old gelding, needless to say, the answer was "NO!!!!"
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

PostSubject: Re: Fugly Horse Website   Fugly Horse Website Icon_minitimeJuly 27th 2007, 9:14 pm

I feel terrible for the foal as well. She is getting huge and they have taken the halter off her and have no control of her. She is still just a baby.. Bigger then my QH weanlings already.. confused

They keep her in a pin that you might keep a bigger dog in. And, the teenage girl keeps her up all night sitting in her stall so she cannot even lay down. When they took her from here she was swaying and could hardly keep her eyes open. I tried to tell them very nicely that she is a horse and a baby and needs to rest and run and play with other horses. They are convinced they are doing what is right for her. The only reason she is still alive is God is watching out for her.. I do not go to see her.. I would not be able to keep my big mouth shut and it really is none of my business.. At least she gets fed.. pale

This may sound mean but I hope she runs over them, bites the hell out of them and them kicks them. Wonder how cute they will think that is? I told them what will happen.. Rolling Eyes

They also know they killed the mare with the feed they gave her. The mare never had grain and when they got here with her they were feeding her Omalene 300. I told them the day I met them they would kill her with that. If they wanted to give her grain give her a little oats. Then they could through a handful of the other stuff on top so it did not go to waste. When I was in Texas waiting for my flight to 7C I called home and my girls that work for me told me what happened. They also told me they were feeding her a full bucket (flat sided feed pucket not the 5 gal the smaller one) with oats and this Omalene.. Only took a few days to kill her with it. I left on Monday and this happened on Friday night. Made me sick and I know they feel guilty. The also cut off some of the mares tail and hung it all over the foals stall. I understand what they think they were doing. However, this does not allow the foal to let go and get on with life without mom.. No

What a mess and I will never go through that again. I have too much in my head already to worry about someone elses mess.. I do hope the foal teaches them a lesson and they let someone else take her and teach her a thing or two before she gets so big no one can handle her.. They want to breed their QH mare to my stud next year.. No way in hell will I do that. Same thing there.. Adult horse on hot feed, small pen and no manners. affraid
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fugly Horse Website   Fugly Horse Website Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fugly Horse Website
Page 1 of 1