Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

JOHN DEERE TEXAS DISTAFF FINAL

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
smokey

smokey

Number of posts : 573
Registration date : 2007-04-26

JOHN DEERE TEXAS DISTAFF FINAL Empty
PostSubject: JOHN DEERE TEXAS DISTAFF FINAL   JOHN DEERE TEXAS DISTAFF FINAL Icon_minitimeJuly 13th 2007, 11:08 pm

COURTESY OF AQHA.COM

CONTENTIOUS JOHN DEERE DISTAFF

July 11, 2007 – Bob and Betty Moore’s fastest qualifier Shake Em Fever has the consistency to shine in a wide-open $35,370 John Deere Texas Distaff Challenge (G3) on Saturday night at Sam Houston Race Park.

The 5-year-old Shake Em Fever (Royal Shake Em-Victory Fever by Victory Dash) has been on the board in 13 of 20 career starts with nine victories while racing primarily against minor stakes and allowance company the last two years. As a juvenile, she shined with a win in the TQHA Sires’ Cup Futurity (RG2) and a second in the $160,000 Texas-bred Stakes.

Trainer Judd Kearl brought the mare back from a 5-month layoff to score a head win over I Opening Sensation in their trial. Shake Em Fever was timed in :20.173 for 400 yards while I Opening Sensation was timed in :20.192.

The S Bar S’s I Opening Sensation (Eyesa Special-BR Sweet Sensation by Tolltac) competed at the $10,000-claiming level last fall but has blossomed with her two latest races at long odds. She was fourth in the John Deere Oklahoma Distaff Challenge at 14-1 odds and battled to the close second-place effort to Shake Em Fever at 11-1 odds for trainer Mike Howell.
Back to top Go down
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

Number of posts : 942
Registration date : 2007-02-12

PostSubject: Re: JOHN DEERE TEXAS DISTAFF FINAL   JOHN DEERE TEXAS DISTAFF FINAL Icon_minitimeJuly 16th 2007, 9:16 am

She BARELY held that - this was a tight nose...Watching it live it looked like she lost it at the wire...she is one thick, fiesty mare!
Back to top Go down
http://www.kuhlmannequine.com
smokey

smokey

Number of posts : 573
Registration date : 2007-04-26

PostSubject: Re: JOHN DEERE TEXAS DISTAFF FINAL   JOHN DEERE TEXAS DISTAFF FINAL Icon_minitimeJuly 16th 2007, 3:04 pm

COURTESY OF AQHA.COM

SHAKE EM FEVER WINS JOHN DEERE TEXAS DISTAFF

July 16, 2007 – Rodrigo Vallejo rode fastest qualifier Shake Em Fever to a wire-to-wire, nose victory in the $35,370 John Deere Texas Distaff Challenge (G3). Prepped by Judd Kearl for owners and breeders Bob and Betty Moore of Temple, Texas, the 5-year-old daughter of Royal Shake Em went 400 yards in :19.981 from post 1 en route to her 10th win in 21 races and fifth stakes score.

“The only post position I didn’t want was the 1 hole,” said Betty Moore. “Judd told me it would cost a half a length, but she broke so well.”

An earner of $173,192, Shake Em Fever is one of three starters foaled by her dam, the winning and stakes-placed Victory Dash mare Victory Fever. Runner-up Eye Caughtcha Peekin won this stakes last year. The 5-year-old Mr Eye Opener mare was coming off of a second-place finish in the June 2 Junos Request Stakes at Remington Park.

“She ran a pretty good race, but (Shake Em Fever) was just gone,” said C. Dwayne “Sleepy” Gilbreath, the trainer of Eye Caughtcha Peekin. “She got a good lead on us, and we just couldn’t catch her.”

Miss Kips Streakin ran third and was followed by Allyouneedislove, I Opening Sensation, The Long Straw, RA Dream Catcher, Sin Tacha Perry, Eyes To The Front and Zoe Alexis...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: JOHN DEERE TEXAS DISTAFF FINAL   JOHN DEERE TEXAS DISTAFF FINAL Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

JOHN DEERE TEXAS DISTAFF FINAL
Page 1 of 1