Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

TJ's 3 months and 5 days. weanling him early.

Go down 
+6
7cedars
Bluejay
denibun
Lynn M.
Kidd Kuhlmann
Triple J Quarter Horses
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228
Registration date : 2007-02-08

TJ's 3 months and 5 days. weanling him early. Empty
PostSubject: TJ's 3 months and 5 days. weanling him early.   TJ's 3 months and 5 days. weanling him early. Icon_minitimeJune 5th 2007, 2:47 pm

Going to wean him this week end. He just now started eating grain, that had us worried, not much on creep feeding, he is a big boy, and its starting to show on Mom. Oh, how I hate weaning time. Took the pictures early because In about a week he just wont look as perky. He is very big. If I stand behind him and place my arm on his tail set, it is even with my underarm. Im 5'6 I need measure him. Ive asked some of your opion on Pricing, Selling keeping, etc. Thought about taking him to the Pally world but its like a 10 1/2 hour drive in July, for a weanling. So I think I will pass.. Gosh that's a long haul and its so darn hot for a baby.
So what do you folks think of TJ.
TJ's 3 months and 5 days. weanling him early. MVC-025E TJ's 3 months and 5 days. weanling him early. MVC-026E-1TJ's 3 months and 5 days. weanling him early. MVC-014ETJ's 3 months and 5 days. weanling him early. MVC-024E
TJ's 3 months and 5 days. weanling him early. MVC-027E
Sorry the pictures arent any better, Kirts got to get a Halter on this sucker and Then I can get better pics. So Gals and Guys, Do I sell, For how much, Do I keep him and make sure he is promoted to help promote Tucker.........
Im undecided. scratch Now I want to buy a big halter mare to breed to Tucker rather than riders. Surprised
Back to top Go down
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

Number of posts : 942
Registration date : 2007-02-12

PostSubject: Re: TJ's 3 months and 5 days. weanling him early.   TJ's 3 months and 5 days. weanling him early. Icon_minitimeJune 5th 2007, 2:51 pm

Hmmm, I think you should definately sell him Rolling Eyes ...he just doesn't do much for me...Actually - I think you would have better luck just GIVING him away Laughing , seriously, I GUESS I could take care of him down here in TX...lol! cheering

Honestly - He is a CUTIE!!kitty I am a sucker for keeping horses...if you sell make sure he goes to a show home!!! cheers If that fails just ship him to TX and I'll take care of him for ya!
Back to top Go down
http://www.kuhlmannequine.com
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034

PostSubject: Re: TJ's 3 months and 5 days. weanling him early.   TJ's 3 months and 5 days. weanling him early. Icon_minitimeJune 5th 2007, 3:54 pm

he is beautiful! Wish mine would finish shedding out.. some have started but the younger ones have yet to get started..
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

PostSubject: Re: TJ's 3 months and 5 days. weanling him early.   TJ's 3 months and 5 days. weanling him early. Icon_minitimeJune 5th 2007, 4:04 pm

He isnt yet either, Its a white fuzz. Id rather have an honest to goodness Coat rather than the FUZZ! No Its so hard to get that little fuzz to turn loose.
Back to top Go down
denibun

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: TJ's 3 months and 5 days. weanling him early.   TJ's 3 months and 5 days. weanling him early. Icon_minitimeJune 5th 2007, 4:34 pm

Show that boy. It will be good publicity for Tucker. Just think, if that is out of a riding mare, what you'll get out of a halter mare.

denise
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: TJ's 3 months and 5 days. weanling him early.   TJ's 3 months and 5 days. weanling him early. Icon_minitimeJune 6th 2007, 8:22 am

lol! lol! Nice try Kidd... WOW.. I would plan to show him and be thinking about a price.. He is a nice big colt and people are going to ask. Or keep him .. scratch

Our breeding goal is to get a few nice ones out there and hopefully get a fair price for them. The plan is to sell our babies so we can suport and keep going with this farm. We like to show the weanling futurity then sell them in the fall or winter.. Because, there is a new batch coming..

It really is about your goal with your farm.. You may have time and money to keep him and show him. If that is where you are you should keep him. Really is up to where you are going in your breeding program..

He is SUPER.. cheering GOOD JOB doggie And people are going to approach you when you take him out..
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667

PostSubject: Re: TJ's 3 months and 5 days. weanling him early.   TJ's 3 months and 5 days. weanling him early. Icon_minitimeJune 6th 2007, 8:27 am

I've already told you what I think. Super nice colt!
Back to top Go down
Mare

Mare

Number of posts : 522
Registration date : 2007-04-16

PostSubject: Re: TJ's 3 months and 5 days. weanling him early.   TJ's 3 months and 5 days. weanling him early. Icon_minitimeJune 6th 2007, 8:59 am

He's stunning! I would have him for sale but show him until sold. If i could I would keep them all but I cant. I do always keep them until their two it seems like. I always want to see how they look. In fact I have a two year old now that I need to sell but I just love him. You will have alot of people commenting on him at shows. Because he's beautiful.
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

PostSubject: Re: TJ's 3 months and 5 days. weanling him early.   TJ's 3 months and 5 days. weanling him early. Icon_minitimeJune 6th 2007, 9:21 am

Thank you, Shoot, My main goal is to promote Tucker. Do I take the chance of selling him to someone away from here where the poeple in my area won't see him??? Since Im not AI-ing yet, and only live cover However, the cash in the pocket sure would be nice!
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667

PostSubject: Re: TJ's 3 months and 5 days. weanling him early.   TJ's 3 months and 5 days. weanling him early. Icon_minitimeJune 6th 2007, 11:44 pm

I don't think it really matters where he goes, so long as he's getting shown, period! I don't know, I'm thinking since he's so danged nice, that you might want to check otu the people's references as far as:

1) Have they shown before
2) How'd they do
3) What's their fitting practices

etc... I know that's being picky, but good Lord, ya know! He's just way too nice to sit in a pasture somewhere!

P.S.: And maybe if you price him WHAT I TOLD YOU TO PRICE HIM AT... maybe people like that would actually really show him! Heck, I would, if it wasn't for all that gosh darned yeller! Cool Very Happy (I'm evil tonight... tehe!)
Back to top Go down
natmarie1122

natmarie1122

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2007-04-03

PostSubject: Re: TJ's 3 months and 5 days. weanling him early.   TJ's 3 months and 5 days. weanling him early. Icon_minitimeJune 7th 2007, 10:20 am

wowzers! Surprised he's ginormous! and gorgeous at that! maybe he should just make a trip up here to Southern Illinois Cool
Back to top Go down
QHorse163

QHorse163

Number of posts : 311

PostSubject: Re: TJ's 3 months and 5 days. weanling him early.   TJ's 3 months and 5 days. weanling him early. Icon_minitimeJune 7th 2007, 9:41 pm

Wow he is gorgeous! Really nice head and neck. He is just pretty all over! Very Happy I would keep him and show him yourself at least the first season, then once he has a bit of a record sell him to someone who will keep it up. He is super nice, I think he will do great! bounce
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

PostSubject: Re: TJ's 3 months and 5 days. weanling him early.   TJ's 3 months and 5 days. weanling him early. Icon_minitimeJune 8th 2007, 9:33 am

if it wasn't for all that gosh darned yeller!

Hummmmm, Isnt that that pot calling the kettle blacK.. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Hee Hee.

If, IF I price him at what everyone has suggested, and Sells. Then I guess I'll have to let him go. But if not, Boy, it will be fun showing him.Dancing

Razz EVEN IF HE IS YELLOW! Razz
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: TJ's 3 months and 5 days. weanling him early.   TJ's 3 months and 5 days. weanling him early. Icon_minitimeJune 8th 2007, 9:54 am

Good idea. I like to get mine sold in the fall.. And, if money is not an issue and you are not over flooded with horses you could keep him a while and sell him later.. coffee

We all have a different situation and do what works for us. For me a bird in hand is worth ten in the bush. However, paly is much easier to sell then brown. And, if you have a good market in your area and the time it will not matter if you sell him right away.. Plus, it is always good to have potential mare owners (customers) see what he can do.. doggie

I say, follow your heart.. He is a good example of what your guy will put on the ground.. riding
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

PostSubject: Re: TJ's 3 months and 5 days. weanling him early.   TJ's 3 months and 5 days. weanling him early. Icon_minitimeJune 8th 2007, 4:47 pm

Measured TJ, right at 50 inches tall. I was Shocked!affraid
Back to top Go down
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

Number of posts : 942

PostSubject: Re: TJ's 3 months and 5 days. weanling him early.   TJ's 3 months and 5 days. weanling him early. Icon_minitimeJune 8th 2007, 4:50 pm

WOW - 12.2...just WAIT until he is a YEARLING!
Back to top Go down
http://www.kuhlmannequine.com
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

PostSubject: Re: TJ's 3 months and 5 days. weanling him early.   TJ's 3 months and 5 days. weanling him early. Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2007, 5:19 pm

Hey maybe he will be one of those monster geldings you want to pony off of...
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034

PostSubject: Re: TJ's 3 months and 5 days. weanling him early.   TJ's 3 months and 5 days. weanling him early. Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2007, 1:09 am

no joke and he has the pretty thing nailed!
Back to top Go down
shazgeoff

shazgeoff

Number of posts : 850
Registration date : 2007-02-10

PostSubject: Re: TJ's 3 months and 5 days. weanling him early.   TJ's 3 months and 5 days. weanling him early. Icon_minitimeSeptember 14th 2007, 2:59 pm

cor he nice,send him over here
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TJ's 3 months and 5 days. weanling him early.   TJ's 3 months and 5 days. weanling him early. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TJ's 3 months and 5 days. weanling him early.
Page 1 of 1