Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Pics from show

Go down 
+3
7cedars
stockman
QHorse163
7 posters
AuthorMessage
QHorse163

QHorse163

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2007-02-12

Pics from show Empty
PostSubject: Pics from show   Pics from show Icon_minitimeMay 30th 2007, 10:09 pm

I had my first shows of the season this past weekend. I went to an AQHA show on Saturday and Sunday. Didn't do well at all, I had a major brain fart in Showmanship and Clara was just a jerk in Equitation. And I didn't place in HUS or Halter, but wasn't expecting to. Classes were big. I think there were 25 in my Showmanship and HUS classes.

Then I went to an open show on Monday. I won my showmanship class but didn't place in my other classes. There are some nice horses that show at this circuit. Clara was still a brat in my Equitation class. Hopefully we can pull things together for the next one. I wasn't expecting too much for these shows because I've only been working with Clara for about 2 weeks since I came home from school.

We only got a couple photos, but here they are. :)

Before showmanship. Clara refused to put her ears up. lol.
Pics from show IMG_1958

Tied at the trailer.
Pics from show IMG_1959
Back to top Go down
stockman

stockman

Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Pics from show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pics from show   Pics from show Icon_minitimeMay 31st 2007, 7:34 am

It's not easy to win with only two weeks riding! But at least you got your feet wet for the year and Clara (and you) will get your game face back on. Congrats on winning your showmanship clsss, though!
Some of the open shows aound here are extremely competitive as well. All the breed show people use them for practice and a win there can be as tough as at a AQHA show. My daughter's classes are always huge too.
Anyway, CLara looks great and your new showmanship outfit looks really sharp! The color complements both of you!! Looks like you were able to lenghten the sleeves somehow!!
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667

Pics from show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pics from show   Pics from show Icon_minitimeMay 31st 2007, 7:39 am

Well, one thing's for sure, you both look great! Have no fear, ya'll will be back on the winning side again!
Back to top Go down
natmarie1122

natmarie1122

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2007-04-03

Pics from show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pics from show   Pics from show Icon_minitimeMay 31st 2007, 9:34 am

I know how that goes... I didn't get to ride at all the week before my first show this year... I had cheerleading practice for tryouts and FFA stuff that I somehow got volunteered to do. So we didn't do too hot either so you're not alone! You both look awesome tho!
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

Pics from show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pics from show   Pics from show Icon_minitimeMay 31st 2007, 10:58 am

Youve got the spit shine on her! Dont you just hate it when you do something, and think, I knew better than that! Grrrrr
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034

Pics from show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pics from show   Pics from show Icon_minitimeMay 31st 2007, 12:04 pm

wow you guys look amazing! and with only 2 weeks of prep Im so jealous... grrrr
Back to top Go down
Cindy

Cindy

Number of posts : 871
Registration date : 2007-02-07

Pics from show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pics from show   Pics from show Icon_minitimeMay 31st 2007, 12:55 pm

You guys look great! Congrats. Sounds like you had tons of fun! Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockin911.com
QHorse163

QHorse163

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2007-02-12

Pics from show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pics from show   Pics from show Icon_minitimeJune 3rd 2007, 11:52 pm

Thanks everyone! Smile I'm hoping things go better next weekend. I was going to go to another AQHA show, but I might just stick to the open shows until we get the Equitation problem straightened out. scratch

Stockman - Yep, we added cuffs to the jacket. Smile I'm so pleased with the final results! Your open shows sound like ours. There are a lot of people that show the AQHA and APHA circuits that also show at these open shows. They're not AS competitive as the AQHA shows, but sometimes it is pretty darn close.

Lynn - Clara is good that way, about coming around quickly after having time off. She is great for me while I'm away from home during the school year. I think the Gro'N Win is helping tremendously with her coat, though! She's the shiniest horse in the barn. Very Happy Saves me time on the grooming.

Nat, good luck at your upcoming shows. Nice to know we are not alone out there with getting a rough start this season! haha.

And thanks again for the compliments, everyone! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pics from show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pics from show   Pics from show Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pics from show
Page 1 of 1