Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

see ya thursday

Go down 
+3
jools
7cedars
denibun
7 posters
AuthorMessage
denibun

Number of posts : 638
Registration date : 2007-02-08

see ya thursday Empty
PostSubject: see ya thursday   see ya thursday Icon_minitimeFebruary 13th 2007, 5:40 pm

Hey guys. My 16 yr old daughter is having ACL reconstruction surgery in the morning to fix a basketball injury. Keep us in your thoughts and prayers. See you on Thursday.

denise
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667

see ya thursday Empty
PostSubject: Re: see ya thursday   see ya thursday Icon_minitimeFebruary 13th 2007, 7:38 pm

Denibun, I hope she has a speedy recovery, and I'll think of you and your family.
Back to top Go down
jools

Number of posts : 168

see ya thursday Empty
PostSubject: Re: see ya thursday   see ya thursday Icon_minitimeFebruary 14th 2007, 3:13 am

Hey No tough break...Get well soon Cool
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

see ya thursday Empty
PostSubject: Re: see ya thursday   see ya thursday Icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2007, 12:32 am

She will be just fine. You may not. affraid But she will. We are thinking about you. This stuff is so stressful.. Everything will be OK and you will get to wait on her hand and foot like she was your little baby girl again.. Make sure you take advantage of it.. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Merikle Waters

Merikle Waters

Number of posts : 690

see ya thursday Empty
PostSubject: Re: see ya thursday   see ya thursday Icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2007, 12:38 am

I'll be thinking of both of you!!!

Drive safe!
Back to top Go down
7cedars

see ya thursday Empty
PostSubject: Re: see ya thursday   see ya thursday Icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2007, 8:22 am

Today's Thursday... how's your daughter? I hope she's recovering well.
Back to top Go down
denibun

see ya thursday Empty
PostSubject: Re: see ya thursday   see ya thursday Icon_minitimeFebruary 16th 2007, 10:15 am

She's doing well. I took the rest of the week off work so I'm at home with my v-e-r-y s-l-o-w dialup. She has to be in a CPM machine that moves her knee continuously. She stays in that 50 minutes out of every hour during the day and all night long. She has a cryo cuff. It's a cuff that is filled with ice water that surrounds her whole knee. We had to change out the water in that every 30-60 minutes for the first 30 hrs. I have to take her to physical therapy today.

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers.
Back to top Go down
7cedars

see ya thursday Empty
PostSubject: Re: see ya thursday   see ya thursday Icon_minitimeFebruary 17th 2007, 8:24 am

Goodness gracious, sounds like the rehab on it is worse than the actual surgery. She must had a pretty bad tear. Bless her heart. I hope she starts feeling better, and from the sounds of it, you guys can get some rest.
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034

see ya thursday Empty
PostSubject: Re: see ya thursday   see ya thursday Icon_minitimeFebruary 17th 2007, 8:34 am

check out this model
http://www.breg.com/products/cold_therapy/polar_care_500/default.html

you can pick them up on ebay brand new for about $60.00-80.00 I got mine for my ACL surgery that way and it takes 1 bag of ice+water and lasts for 8 hrs. and you can adjust the temp guage might save some time and they are so very nice a great investment.. the hospitals rent them for about 100.00 for 2 weeks and you have to give it back or sell them to pts for 650.00 crazy! Sorry I didn't get that too you earlier.. Good Luck! There is also a great web forum on ACL repairs it is kind of a support group for athletes having gone through ACL repairs BOBS ACL web forum might give it a look... they have lots of question answer stuff... if you have questions I can help with email me reingirl@msn.com Ive done ortho neuro trauma nursing forever and went through this not too long ago myself... It is a very painful surgery she is very brave and so are you keep up the good work and chin up it will get better fast the first week is always tough
Back to top Go down
denibun

see ya thursday Empty
PostSubject: Re: see ya thursday   see ya thursday Icon_minitimeFebruary 17th 2007, 5:04 pm

Thanks. She's doing pretty well. She had her first PT yesterday and that kind of made her sore, but she's doing alright today. We have PT scheduled for 3 times next week. She's doing great, but it is frustrating for her because I think she thought it would be no big deal. She thinks she should be completely recovered. After all it's her 3rd post op day!! Rolling Eyes
She's going to try to go back to school on Monday. That should be interesting.
Back to top Go down
Cindy

Cindy

Number of posts : 871
Registration date : 2007-02-07

see ya thursday Empty
PostSubject: Re: see ya thursday   see ya thursday Icon_minitimeFebruary 17th 2007, 6:04 pm

I'm glad to hear she is doing well. I hope you're doing well too! I love you
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockin911.com
Sponsored content

see ya thursday Empty
PostSubject: Re: see ya thursday   see ya thursday Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

see ya thursday
Page 1 of 1