Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Kelly-About Phenom?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Kelly-About Phenom? Empty
PostSubject: Kelly-About Phenom?   Kelly-About Phenom? Icon_minitimeMay 9th 2007, 4:40 pm

are you showing in open and ammy at the World show?
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667

PostSubject: Re: Kelly-About Phenom?   Kelly-About Phenom? Icon_minitimeMay 9th 2007, 8:09 pm

I know she's showing for sure in amateur; not too sure about open. If she shows in both, she was planning on bringing him down here and they stay with me, so he wouldn't be up there for a week in one of those blasted stalls...
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034

PostSubject: Re: Kelly-About Phenom?   Kelly-About Phenom? Icon_minitimeMay 9th 2007, 9:21 pm

when I took my mare up for the sale last year they said when we went through the vet check "well if she isn't sick she will be everything is" and then didn't even look in the trailer I was so mad... I had a preggy mare for a sale... I tell you I carry hospital cleaner with me and always scrub my stalls before I put my horses in them after my first experience at the World show sale with a horse with a hacking cough after 2 days there and she had never been off my place (yearling) and was healthy before that... nothing like killing your sale price Mad
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667

PostSubject: Re: Kelly-About Phenom?   Kelly-About Phenom? Icon_minitimeMay 10th 2007, 8:47 am

Yeah, I'd heard about that. Usually after about a week, man, in some of those barns, the urine smell will just flat you knock down, and in the sale barn. Yep, we might ought to tell Kelly this!!!!!

Hopefully she'll haul in the day before and then get him the heck out of there as soon as she gets through.
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

PostSubject: Re: Kelly-About Phenom?   Kelly-About Phenom? Icon_minitimeMay 10th 2007, 10:08 am

Thats pretty much how it is at Congress too. They call it the Congress crud. We always gave extra Rhino shot about a week before we left. Bleach 10% to 90% water in Sprayer, Asked for tent stalls, More air moving threw them. And believe it or not, we came home 4 out of 5 times healthy. We salted feed to make them drink more too. Kept them flushing their systems. Congress is bigger then the world show. Since I ve never been do they have stalls in tents?
Back to top Go down
PHENOMADACIOUS

PHENOMADACIOUS

Number of posts : 424

PostSubject: Re: Kelly-About Phenom?   Kelly-About Phenom? Icon_minitimeMay 10th 2007, 10:29 am

Thanks Gals! TJ, good advice! Bleach is my best friend! Laughing

I had thought of showing both, but trying to do open may be too expensive, so I might just make the most out of ammy. I plan on stalling with a friend that's been there before, she doesn't get in the "Big Boy Barn" but just on the other side of the wall. The bad thing is we'll be coming all the way from MN, so showing up just one day before the show won't be an option... I want him to recover from the haul before we show. Sleep

I've been meaning to ask what all I should vaccinate for, because you guys have stuff down there that I've never even heard of! study

TJ, have you ever had them get sick from the Rhino shot? Do you use the live or killed virus? scratch
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

PostSubject: Re: Kelly-About Phenom?   Kelly-About Phenom? Icon_minitimeMay 10th 2007, 2:07 pm

LIVE, Never thought about what extra shots if any where given in that area. We just gave the reg. series. and was fine. but we were going north. Humm. Good question. Do you give west nile in MN Kelly?

No, I havent as they are given it as boosters, I had a vet that was on the show circuit tell me to do this, she said IF they did get sick, it would keep it from becoming serious. I found it reallly helped. Ive know some to put them on SMZ as soon as they were done showing. Just in case. I didn't do it.

Kelly make sure you add something to your water to give it a new taste about a week or so before you leave home, what ever you add take it with you to put it in water at the world so he won't stop drinking on you. Dont forget the camera, so you can have 7 Ceders take you picture of you winning the world! cheering

Last edited by on May 10th 2007, 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PHENOMADACIOUS

PHENOMADACIOUS

Number of posts : 424

PostSubject: Re: Kelly-About Phenom?   Kelly-About Phenom? Icon_minitimeMay 10th 2007, 2:10 pm

Yep, everyone here gives the West Nile shot. Usually once in May/June then again in August. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kelly-About Phenom?   Kelly-About Phenom? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kelly-About Phenom?
Page 1 of 1