Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Tornado Alley

Go down 
+4
Bluejay
Cindy
Lynn M.
lovetoshow
8 posters
AuthorMessage
lovetoshow

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2007-02-12

Tornado Alley Empty
PostSubject: Tornado Alley   Tornado Alley Icon_minitimeApril 24th 2007, 10:12 pm

hope you guys are ok down there tonight Ive been watching the weather channel and your really getting it ,Texas ,Oklahoma,Kansas I'll be praying for ya ........
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Tornado Alley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tornado Alley   Tornado Alley Icon_minitimeApril 24th 2007, 10:24 pm

Thanks from KS lol! THATS ME said we have been looking at potential storm cells as bad as they have been in over 10yrs since the Andover tornado that about wiped out a suburb of Wichita.... being a trained trauma nurse with a search and rescue Lab we really don't want/need any practice or excitement! Will keep you posted said today and tomorrow.
Then we got in an outside mare for breeding today- great didn't need that responsiblity in bad weather but wow is she pretty, chestnut granddaughter of Zan Par Bar prettiest head ever and big wow is she big...
Back to top Go down
Cindy

Cindy

Number of posts : 871
Registration date : 2007-02-07

Tornado Alley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tornado Alley   Tornado Alley Icon_minitimeApril 24th 2007, 10:58 pm

Our winds are REALLY kicking up around here. Hopefully all will be okay, but maybe the pressure change will bring on a baby!
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockin911.com
Cindy

Cindy

Tornado Alley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tornado Alley   Tornado Alley Icon_minitimeApril 25th 2007, 9:01 am

OH MY GOSH!!! Our storm are HORRIBLE!!! I hope everyone in the Kansas and Texas areas are doing well. The news says the worst part of the storm in North of me so it must be out right NASTY up there!!!! BE CAREFUL!!!!!! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415

Tornado Alley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tornado Alley   Tornado Alley Icon_minitimeApril 25th 2007, 9:53 am

GOOD GRIEF affraid You all better pack up and move to Oregon.. We do not have those here. That would scare me to death... What a Face
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Bucks&Blues

Bucks&Blues

Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2007-02-10

Tornado Alley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tornado Alley   Tornado Alley Icon_minitimeApril 25th 2007, 1:38 pm

We got caught out on the lake in that mess. I was scared to death, and ready to truck it back to the dock. That boat got to rocking. One of the guys said it would be over in a few minuted, but he was WRONG. I had my mom on the cell phone telling me to get my arse back to the docks and call it a day. Needless to say, the more I cussed at the driver, the faster he got me to the banks.

Wont try to pull that off ever again...
Back to top Go down
Cindy

Cindy

Tornado Alley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tornado Alley   Tornado Alley Icon_minitimeApril 25th 2007, 1:44 pm

Well, I THINK Question the worst of our weather is over for now. It got down right nasty out there! Thank goodness we left the horses in their stalls. They were nie and safe through it all. The cloud to ground lightening was peaking in the thousands! YIKES! I hope everyone else faired as well as we did.
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667

Tornado Alley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tornado Alley   Tornado Alley Icon_minitimeApril 25th 2007, 3:02 pm

Looked yucky all day yesterday here. It came some time during the night. I think I woke up about 5:00 when I heard a loud boom, thought I need to get up and unplug my computer and then that's all I remember. Very Happy

Nice and green and a little bit cooler, pretty day now... stupid East Texas weather!
Back to top Go down
LovingLoping

Number of posts : 115

Tornado Alley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tornado Alley   Tornado Alley Icon_minitimeApril 25th 2007, 5:49 pm

Our barn's ok, but my friend's barn in College Station wasn't so lucky. Half the main barn lost its roof, and in the runs where her horse is, the run-downs were right in the path. It turned/stopped TWO PADDOCKS away from my friend's horse Shocked
Luckily, all the horses are safe and accounted for.
Back to top Go down
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

Number of posts : 942

Tornado Alley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tornado Alley   Tornado Alley Icon_minitimeApril 25th 2007, 6:01 pm

Holy COW - which barn were they at?!?!
Back to top Go down
http://www.kuhlmannequine.com
LovingLoping

Tornado Alley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tornado Alley   Tornado Alley Icon_minitimeApril 25th 2007, 6:18 pm

Flying Ace Ranch, right in CS. I was actually on the phone with her when she got to the barn today, and we were panicing together until she saw her horse.

Side Note: We had a tornado touch down at our barn in March, but it ripped up one run-in/shed in a then-unoccupied paddock. Thank heavens, literally.
Back to top Go down
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

Tornado Alley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tornado Alley   Tornado Alley Icon_minitimeApril 25th 2007, 6:22 pm

Holy crap!
My old gelding was the FIRST HORSE EVER at that barn!
I like that barn! Maybe I should do a drive by and make sure the barn I just moved out of is okay!
Back to top Go down
LovingLoping

Tornado Alley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tornado Alley   Tornado Alley Icon_minitimeApril 25th 2007, 6:54 pm

Haha, I have one friend who used to be there, one who's there currently, and one who'll be there next year...popular place!
Where do you board now?
Back to top Go down
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

Tornado Alley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tornado Alley   Tornado Alley Icon_minitimeApril 25th 2007, 9:40 pm

Hehe, I kept my horses at an OLD barn that was near falling down - BUT the guy is VERY observant, feeds in the morning, there is a LIT arena AND it is only $50/month for a stall. You do have to provide feed and hay...but it worked for me!!! It is called Little Stables - it is off of Dowling Rd...well, off of Hickory off of Dowling
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tornado Alley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tornado Alley   Tornado Alley Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tornado Alley
Page 1 of 1