Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sorrel Overo Colt "Tristan"!

Go down 
+8
Lynn M.
Bluejay
7cedars
QHorse163
emma&slim09
SuperLope
RoperChick
Merikle Waters
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Merikle Waters

Merikle Waters

Number of posts : 690
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Sorrel Overo Colt "Tristan"! Empty
PostSubject: Sorrel Overo Colt "Tristan"!   Sorrel Overo Colt "Tristan"! Icon_minitimeApril 24th 2007, 6:39 pm

Here he is! sorry about the blood, after mom's long awaited retained placenta, she finally dropped it, and he layed in it Surprised

I think with how his birth went, and his dam's name being She's Aloof, and the sire being Millenium Miracle, that I will register him as "He's a Miracle". What do you guys think?

Sorrel Overo Colt "Tristan"! Tristan

Sorrel Overo Colt "Tristan"! TristanandGem

Sorrel Overo Colt "Tristan"! Tristantongue

Whatta ya think 7Cedars? Back in the day when you raised paints, would you be proud of the little gaffer? LOL oh and I think both his eyes are blue, not crystal blue, but bluey green, its weird...
Back to top Go down
RoperChick

RoperChick

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Sorrel Overo Colt "Tristan"!   Sorrel Overo Colt "Tristan"! Icon_minitimeApril 24th 2007, 6:48 pm

He is nice looking baby and absolutely adorable. The last picture of him with his tongue out is just too cute!! cheers It looks like your mare has settled into motherhood quite nicely and I like your choice for a name.
Back to top Go down
SuperLope

SuperLope

Number of posts : 300

PostSubject: Re: Sorrel Overo Colt "Tristan"!   Sorrel Overo Colt "Tristan"! Icon_minitimeApril 24th 2007, 7:17 pm

FINALLY! hehe what a cutie! CONGRATS!
Back to top Go down
emma&slim09

emma&slim09

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2007-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Sorrel Overo Colt "Tristan"!   Sorrel Overo Colt "Tristan"! Icon_minitimeApril 24th 2007, 8:02 pm

He's a cutie and I love that last one.
Back to top Go down
QHorse163

QHorse163

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2007-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Sorrel Overo Colt "Tristan"!   Sorrel Overo Colt "Tristan"! Icon_minitimeApril 24th 2007, 8:02 pm

Cute! Love the tongue picture. Razz
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667

PostSubject: Re: Sorrel Overo Colt "Tristan"!   Sorrel Overo Colt "Tristan"! Icon_minitimeApril 24th 2007, 8:14 pm

I LIKE HIM! Yep, yep, yep! A super nice frame overo... now that'll be the one you need to show! Flashy, showy, got the goods! Like the look in his eyes, hopefully he'll have black eyeliner - looks like he may have!

MOM AND DAD DID A FANTASTIC JOB!

I like him! He's another "Pookie" or a "That's a good looking Scamp!" or a "Little Tooters" but I have a feeling he's not going to be little for very long!

I truly love paints, but what a pain in the butt they are with those gosh-darned breeding stocks! But I sure like a good 'un when I see one!
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415

PostSubject: Re: Sorrel Overo Colt "Tristan"!   Sorrel Overo Colt "Tristan"! Icon_minitimeApril 24th 2007, 9:19 pm

Very nice foal.. Well worth the wait.. Have you told him it is not nice to stick your tongue out at people.?.. scratch

I like the name choice too.. Dancing
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034

PostSubject: Re: Sorrel Overo Colt "Tristan"!   Sorrel Overo Colt "Tristan"! Icon_minitimeApril 24th 2007, 10:16 pm

I think he is really cute too but a few paint related questions.... Now would he be an actual frame since he has white in his mane and white legs? Doesn't a true frame have color all the way around like a frame????? (something Ive often wondered) Now for that matter is he an overo or is he a tovero like his sire since he has white in his mane- so he has white over the top? Just trying to figure all the technical paint stuff out...
Back to top Go down
Cindy

Cindy

Number of posts : 871

PostSubject: Re: Sorrel Overo Colt "Tristan"!   Sorrel Overo Colt "Tristan"! Icon_minitimeApril 24th 2007, 10:54 pm

Okay now! I am soooooooooooo jealous! I just checked my mare AGAIN and nothing, nadda zip!!!!! Sad Our storm is bewing up right now, so HOPEFULLY, we will have a baby tonight!!!!! FINGERS CROSSED!!!!
You got a cute little guy! I agree, well worth the wait! Is he considered to have a medicine hat also? study
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockin911.com
Merikle Waters

Merikle Waters

PostSubject: Re: Sorrel Overo Colt "Tristan"!   Sorrel Overo Colt "Tristan"! Icon_minitimeApril 24th 2007, 11:48 pm

Lynn M. wrote:
I think he is really cute too but a few paint related questions.... Now would he be an actual frame since he has white in his mane and white legs? Doesn't a true frame have color all the way around like a frame????? (something Ive often wondered) Now for that matter is he an overo or is he a tovero like his sire since he has white in his mane- so he has white over the top? Just trying to figure all the technical paint stuff out...

I think because of the white over his topline, he may be considered a tovero.... I am going to a color board to see what they think.

I see overo, and some tobiano on him... so I am unsure. I'm not an overo fan, so it would be nice if he had both LOL.

He does carry the frame pattern, however there may be some splash overo at work as well..... he also has 4 white stockings, which is very uncommon for overo's. But then again, so does my overo filly, who is clearly not a tovero.... scratch Its the pattern stuff that begins to confuse me, but actual base colors, I can do no prob! lol

if he is an overo, I really should start praying for a tobiano out of my QH mare! 2 overo's out of 3 is too much for me! LOL
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

PostSubject: Re: Sorrel Overo Colt "Tristan"!   Sorrel Overo Colt "Tristan"! Icon_minitimeApril 25th 2007, 12:04 pm

oh I think they are both very cute and think you will have no problems selling overos... most people really like them!!
Back to top Go down
7cedars

PostSubject: Re: Sorrel Overo Colt "Tristan"!   Sorrel Overo Colt "Tristan"! Icon_minitimeApril 25th 2007, 12:26 pm

Interesting, Merikle. Almost all of my overos had at least two or three white legs. I think all but a couple of mine had double coloring in their mane. Trust me, overo.
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

PostSubject: Re: Sorrel Overo Colt "Tristan"!   Sorrel Overo Colt "Tristan"! Icon_minitimeApril 25th 2007, 12:36 pm

just read the apha site and it said white cannot cross the back between the withers and tail on an overo so he would be an overo because they can have some white in their mane...but they did say would usually have one dark leg.. good to know! thanks Cedars...
Back to top Go down
7cedars

PostSubject: Re: Sorrel Overo Colt "Tristan"!   Sorrel Overo Colt "Tristan"! Icon_minitimeApril 25th 2007, 2:48 pm

I had a very good teacher! HA! We were both in to overos and then she started getting tobies... Toveros still mess me up, though.

Isn't it funny, if you don't have them or not interested in them, you just don't pay attention... well, okay, maybe that's just me ... ARGH!
Back to top Go down
standbytrucker

standbytrucker

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2007-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Sorrel Overo Colt "Tristan"!   Sorrel Overo Colt "Tristan"! Icon_minitimeApril 25th 2007, 6:54 pm

congrats! he sure is a cutie! this is the boy you need to show!!!
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

PostSubject: Re: Sorrel Overo Colt "Tristan"!   Sorrel Overo Colt "Tristan"! Icon_minitimeApril 25th 2007, 8:04 pm

i like his eye lashes Wink
Back to top Go down
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

Number of posts : 942

PostSubject: Re: Sorrel Overo Colt "Tristan"!   Sorrel Overo Colt "Tristan"! Icon_minitimeApril 25th 2007, 11:34 pm

Paint patterns confuse me!!! Embarassed
Back to top Go down
http://www.kuhlmannequine.com
Merikle Waters

Merikle Waters

PostSubject: Re: Sorrel Overo Colt "Tristan"!   Sorrel Overo Colt "Tristan"! Icon_minitimeApril 25th 2007, 11:47 pm

I think his daddy carries more than one overo gene. He obviously carries frame, but I do think he also carries splash overo....

APHA says Quote "Overo's white usually does not cross the horses back between its withers and tail. Generally , at least one leg, and often all four legs, are dark. Generally, the white markings are irregular, and are rather scattered or splashy. Head Markings are distinctive. The horse often is bald faced, apron faced, or bonnet faced. An overo mat be either predominantly dark, or white. The tail is usually one color."

Quote, "Frame overo's generally have dark feet and legs. Heads are usually extensively marked with white. White spots occur horizontally on the middle of the sides of the body and neck, and only rarelt cross the topline. Many have a moustache, a pigmented upper lip, on an otherwise very white head. Blue eyes are very common.

Quote " Splashed overo's usually have white legs and the body is white ventrally. Head is exentisively, and most often completely whitel. Blue eyes are the rule."

I think both my colt and my filly are carrying both splash and frame overo patterns, this colts eyes are so dark, I dont know if they will stay the tint they are or go brown.
Back to top Go down
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

PostSubject: Re: Sorrel Overo Colt "Tristan"!   Sorrel Overo Colt "Tristan"! Icon_minitimeApril 25th 2007, 11:51 pm

Hmm - I know he is registered as an overo - but how does this dude fit in?!?!
Sorrel Overo Colt "Tristan"! FrontA

He's ALL white Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Merikle Waters

Merikle Waters

PostSubject: Re: Sorrel Overo Colt "Tristan"!   Sorrel Overo Colt "Tristan"! Icon_minitimeApril 26th 2007, 9:00 pm

Merikle Waters wrote:
An overo may be either predominantly dark, or white. The tail is usually one color.

This boy of yours is predominantly white, but still an overo Wink

he looks to be carrying Sabino overo, and splash overo (there are different sub categories in the overo pattern).

Make more sense?
Back to top Go down
Cindy

Cindy

Number of posts : 871

PostSubject: Re: Sorrel Overo Colt "Tristan"!   Sorrel Overo Colt "Tristan"! Icon_minitimeApril 26th 2007, 9:31 pm

I really like him!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockin911.com
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

PostSubject: Re: Sorrel Overo Colt "Tristan"!   Sorrel Overo Colt "Tristan"! Icon_minitimeApril 26th 2007, 11:46 pm

Merikle - I want yours!!!! Send him to Tx when he is about 3 years old! Very Happy
You can just take mine and we'll call it even cheers Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
7cedars

PostSubject: Re: Sorrel Overo Colt "Tristan"!   Sorrel Overo Colt "Tristan"! Icon_minitimeApril 27th 2007, 7:43 am

Kidd, your horse is a tobiano, maybe a tovero. But I know for sure he's not an overo. With overo, the white never crosses the back.
Back to top Go down
Merikle Waters

Merikle Waters

PostSubject: Re: Sorrel Overo Colt "Tristan"!   Sorrel Overo Colt "Tristan"! Icon_minitimeApril 27th 2007, 3:59 pm

7cedars wrote:
Kidd, your horse is a tobiano, maybe a tovero. But I know for sure he's not an overo. With overo, the white never crosses the back.

It does on occaision. This horse is for sure not a tobiano, Possibly carrying both genes, however, I am more inclined to call him an overo.

Here Kidd, Take your pictures to www.doubledilute.com scroll down for the board (they are color experts), and see what they think?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sorrel Overo Colt "Tristan"!   Sorrel Overo Colt "Tristan"! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sorrel Overo Colt "Tristan"!
Page 1 of 1