Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Before and after pics

Go down 
+6
LovingLoping
Pistol2012
stockman
Cindy
standbytrucker
7cedars
10 posters
AuthorMessage
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Before and after pics Empty
PostSubject: Before and after pics   Before and after pics Icon_minitimeApril 19th 2007, 12:41 pm

I thought it would be interesting to shoot some shots of the horses we're working on... whether it be halter, performance, whatever... performance, I guess, though, would have to be like a video. Halter, just the difference in the way they look.

I feel safe enough to do that here now... without feeling like I'm tip-toeing through the danged tulips here, if you get my drift!

I was thinking about putting Scamp and Jazz's picture on here BEFORE I start working them, and say every 30 days to update....

Whatcha think? Truthfully, I was wanting to do it myself, too, just to see when my program kicks in with which horse, etc.... know what I mean?

Actually keeping a diary of sorts of when I wormed, when I start working, sweating, feeding, etc....

Y'all ought to see Jazz... I'll get some pictures for ya... that is one big honking filly... my GAWD! About another three months and she's going to be wider than Kid in the front end... jeesh! She makes Scamp look like a poodle... HA!
Back to top Go down
standbytrucker

standbytrucker

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2007-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Before and after pics   Before and after pics Icon_minitimeApril 19th 2007, 4:43 pm

good idea.
now tell me how to fix my camera so i can show you how dirty Calboy is.
and how far away Sophie is,
and how FAT my 2 halter yearlings are. Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
its a good idea!
once i get my camera working, ill post pics
Back to top Go down
Cindy

Cindy

Number of posts : 871
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Before and after pics   Before and after pics Icon_minitimeApril 19th 2007, 4:54 pm

I think that's a great idea! I'll have to put pictures of my fat little gelding up here!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockin911.com
7cedars

PostSubject: Re: Before and after pics   Before and after pics Icon_minitimeApril 19th 2007, 8:41 pm

I was telling Bluejay, that I thought it'd be a good idea, just not for me, but I'm going to keep a diary with Scamp and see how we come. Rick was harping on me tonight about he's starting to get in that funky yearling stage... I told him to hang on to his britches, because I'm almost caught up with my work, warts are almost gone, and we're fixing to get busssszzzy!

I need to see how certain bloodlines work, when they come around, difference in what I'm doing, etc. I haven't ever done that before, but I'm going to try it.

This is taking a lot of trust on my part to be able to put these pictures up - ya'll may think that's a bit weird, but I'm getting there! ARGH! I'm starting to feel a lot more comfortable.
Back to top Go down
stockman

stockman

Number of posts : 356

PostSubject: Re: Before and after pics   Before and after pics Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2007, 9:15 am

Well he may not look great now but that's part of the game!!! If you are confident of your training and fitting methods then he will improve and it will be that much more impresssive! But I agree with your hesitance. We just bought our gelding last October and I am a horrible photographer and any picture I have taken makes him seems horribly out of proportion so I don't really like showing pictures until he starts going to shows and gets a professional picture taken LOL!!! But I know on the old board my daughter once put some before pictures of him on and we were going to do after pictures this spring when he had put on some weight and muscle. Well, he really is almost there in real life but when I take pictures he still looks wierd and deformed!!! I love before and after pictures and I most like the ones with a huge change. People have posted some pretty impressive results here before.
Back to top Go down
7cedars

PostSubject: Re: Before and after pics   Before and after pics Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2007, 11:01 am

I think a lot of it has to do with being in a comfortable group, being yourself, instead of feeling you're going deer hunting and the deer are the ones with the guns.

I can get good pictures, but I have to get Rick to hold the horse - therein lies the problem. I have to run up there, get 'em set up, and then run around and take a picture. I think because he's taller, he has a deal about holding their head up too high, where it hollows out their back.

I'll get some pics up of Scamp. Put a picture of him last year, earlier this year and now before I start working him - he's just changed so much.

Jazz, well, she's just a big wide hog... GAWD!
Back to top Go down
Pistol2012

Pistol2012

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2007-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Before and after pics   Before and after pics Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2007, 11:11 pm

here's some before and afters of pistol.

the first pic was in october the day we bought him (i took this one) i know hes not standing square and his heads all tucked weird but t was the best we could do lol.

Before and after pics 4d49yyw

and here is one of my riding him english. (my mom "stockman" took this one) and btw the house in the backround is not ours. i wish it was tho. its so pretty. anyways it wasn't really sunny at all so he doens't look shiny or anything but here.

Before and after pics 2vd4jtf

whoa he looks darker! must be the boss haha

if any of you are wonder where his mane went, he had some fungus and it fell out =( but the vet gave us some medicine and its growing back now. very slowly tho

enjoy
Back to top Go down
7cedars

PostSubject: Re: Before and after pics   Before and after pics Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2007, 12:49 am

Great pics there, Pistol. He looks awfully smooth. I didn't know Stockman was your Mom! That's so cool that you both can be on here!!!! I think it's great that you're involved with horses! Now, if I can only get Dillon involved!

I'm going to try and get some of Scamp and Jazz tomorrow... Scamp's the one I'm looking forward to seeing the change. I'll also put some on here of him last year before we showed, after showed, and first of the year... he's just changed so much.
Back to top Go down
LovingLoping

Number of posts : 115

PostSubject: Re: Before and after pics   Before and after pics Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2007, 5:56 pm

Wow, it looks like he's really put on muscle, congrats! And I think we have the same blue/turqoise dressage pad, haha.
Back to top Go down
emma&slim09

emma&slim09

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2007-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Before and after pics   Before and after pics Icon_minitimeMay 15th 2007, 6:14 pm

This is Slim the day I got him- January 7th 2006
Before and after pics DSC00387

And this is now
Before and after pics HPIM0649

He still needs work to gain more muscle. It's hard for me to work with them alot during school but once these last 13 days are done with I'll be up at the barn pretty much every day working.
Back to top Go down
BeePrettyJack

BeePrettyJack

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2007-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Before and after pics   Before and after pics Icon_minitimeMay 17th 2007, 2:12 pm

Re: Slim- he's half-Arab right? I think he looks about right. My friends have Arabs. He looks just like one of the mares they have, as far as body weight/tone. She has the long leaner look and never gets a lot of muscling to her even in show shape. With the Arabs, when they seem to put on weight, they get the pot belly thing going cause they tend to have a rounder ribcage, but don't seem to pack it on in other areas. At least that's been my observation. Just for what it's worth.... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Cindy

Cindy

Number of posts : 871

PostSubject: Re: Before and after pics   Before and after pics Icon_minitimeSeptember 6th 2007, 9:54 pm

So how is the conditioning coming. You've been pretty quiet lately. You must be makin them babies sweat! kitty
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockin911.com
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415

PostSubject: Re: Before and after pics   Before and after pics Icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2007, 10:02 pm

Yes indeed.. bounce Would love to see some updated pictures.. riding
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Mr Carrerista

Mr Carrerista

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2007-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Before and after pics   Before and after pics Icon_minitimeSeptember 26th 2007, 12:58 am

this is our horse going into his first weeks of training, maybe week 2
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

this is him 2 or 3 months later
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415

PostSubject: Re: Before and after pics   Before and after pics Icon_minitimeSeptember 26th 2007, 9:00 pm

Your horse looks like and althete to me.. race
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Mr Carrerista

Mr Carrerista

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2007-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Before and after pics   Before and after pics Icon_minitimeSeptember 27th 2007, 12:21 am

Bluejay wrote:
Your horse looks like and althete to me.. race

thanks! But I think your horse thats at the end of your messages looks athletic! He looks awesome, what do you use'm for?
Back to top Go down
emma&slim09

emma&slim09

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2007-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Before and after pics   Before and after pics Icon_minitimeSeptember 27th 2007, 12:30 am

Emma

She's about 9 of 10 months old in the picture
Before and after pics DSC00547-1

To now
Before and after pics HPIM2946

Before and after pics HPIM2975

Before and after pics HPIM2980

Before and after pics HPIM2981

Before and after pics HPIM2976

She's done a lot of growing up and filling out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Before and after pics   Before and after pics Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Before and after pics
Page 1 of 1