Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Laura!!! How'd you do??

Go down 
+6
Lynn M.
Bucks&Blues
stockman
7cedars
LovingLoping
Cindy
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Cindy

Cindy

Number of posts : 871
Registration date : 2007-02-07

Laura!!! How'd you do?? Empty
PostSubject: Laura!!! How'd you do??   Laura!!! How'd you do?? Icon_minitimeApril 15th 2007, 3:45 pm

Sooooooo Do tell how the show was!!!!

I have the info for you on the rescheduled Baytown show. It is going to be at the TVE area in Liberty on May 5th and the stalls are 15. I can email you the info if you like.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockin911.com
LovingLoping

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Laura!!! How'd you do??   Laura!!! How'd you do?? Icon_minitimeApril 15th 2007, 4:05 pm

Oooh, well, before I give yall the play-by-play...May 5th is a no-go. That's the night of my prom, *and* I'm going to see Joe Nichols and Trace Adkins. Why can't these people schedule around MY calendar? LOL.

So the show went awesome. We were high-point all-around youth champs, and so I have a brand new, shiney buckle to prove it!
But good heavens, it was COLD and WINDY. So windy that I wore my stampede string in pleasure, *and* was occasionally holding onto my hat at the lope. The judge ok'ed jackets for all riding classes, so everyone had on their cute pleasure shirts and eskimo jackets.

Placings...
2nd in showmanship...big shocker. There were 8-10 people in the class, and when they called the placings I did NOT think I'd placed. Apparently he stuck his pivot, and I thought he'd moved a little. Yay!
6th in halter geldings. There were some BIG BOYS in that class. Poor Rudy!
2nd in hunter under saddle...our first time showing HUS and my first time wearing breeches, haha.
1st by default in hunt seat equitation...the other (two?) girls broke pattern big time. One girl's horse actually stopped and reared. Yeah. Exciting.
1st in both our western pleasure classes, which was I think my best "win" of the day. He loped his lil heart out for me!
1st in horsemanship...not sure how that happened. Our pattern was nearly perfect, but he wouldn't lope once and I kicked him really hard, and he grunted, and it couldn't have looked very good...hahahah.
1st in reining. Memorized the pattern about 10 seconds before the class, and I was the only one in it. The most fun I had all day, racing around like a goofball. The couple who own the barn where I board do reining, and they were there, laughing with me as I did the pattern.
2nd in trail...out of two. We had to walk across a tarp *and* a bridge. I couldn't believe he did it.

Anyways...pictures in the next post!
Back to top Go down
Cindy

Cindy

PostSubject: Re: Laura!!! How'd you do??   Laura!!! How'd you do?? Icon_minitimeApril 15th 2007, 4:11 pm

Congrats. Sounds like you lots of fun!!!! My clinic was a no go on Saturday due to weather! Brrrrrr, it was cold and windy here too.
Sorry you can't go on the 5th, but have fun at the prom!
Let me know the next show you guys are gonna hit in case I miss hearing about it.
I can't wait to see the pics!
Back to top Go down
LovingLoping

PostSubject: Re: Laura!!! How'd you do??   Laura!!! How'd you do?? Icon_minitimeApril 15th 2007, 4:18 pm

Ok...got your email, and now I really wanna go! How far is Liberty I wonder? I'd have to talk to my mom; prom plans are still up in the air.

Pictures!
Laura!!! How'd you do?? Brenham020
Looking unenthusiastic in HUS.

Laura!!! How'd you do?? Brenham017
I was starting to pivot, he wasn't!

Laura!!! How'd you do?? IMG_0040
I have no idea what's happening here. I think maybe we were leaving pleasure? Or horsemanship? No, pleasure...?

Sorry it's such a bad picture, but here's my buckle. It says Brenham Buckles Series High Point Youth.
Laura!!! How'd you do?? Brenham026

And my saddle with all my ribbons Exclamation
Laura!!! How'd you do?? Brenham022
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667

PostSubject: Re: Laura!!! How'd you do??   Laura!!! How'd you do?? Icon_minitimeApril 15th 2007, 4:34 pm

CONGRATS! You did very well. WOW! FAntastic! Great!

Now, must go to your prom! Also, must put pics on here! HA!

So proud for you!
Back to top Go down
stockman

stockman

Number of posts : 356

PostSubject: Re: Laura!!! How'd you do??   Laura!!! How'd you do?? Icon_minitimeApril 15th 2007, 5:47 pm

Great job!! First show of the year and you go high point !! That's great!! It just seems ridiculous to be showing in coats, though! Our first show is in two weeks and who knows what the weather could be doing then! This is a crazy year already!
Back to top Go down
Bucks&Blues

Bucks&Blues

Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2007-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Laura!!! How'd you do??   Laura!!! How'd you do?? Icon_minitimeApril 15th 2007, 6:57 pm

Love the pic of the saddle decorated with all the ribbons! . Congrats on the buckle too! Hopefully I can still fight for one by the time Vegas is done at the trainers.

Wear it proud!
Back to top Go down
Cindy

Cindy

PostSubject: Re: Laura!!! How'd you do??   Laura!!! How'd you do?? Icon_minitimeApril 15th 2007, 11:34 pm

Woo-Hoo.... Look at those snazzy English pants! lol!
Liberty is about an hour or so drive from Katy depending on traffic. Don't miss your Prom for this little open show though!
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034

PostSubject: Re: Laura!!! How'd you do??   Laura!!! How'd you do?? Icon_minitimeApril 16th 2007, 12:02 am

man you are more cowgirl than me cheers I would have stayed home drinking hot toddies!!! lol! waiting for the next one... hm wait someone said prom that would be hot chocolate right scratch
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

PostSubject: Re: Laura!!! How'd you do??   Laura!!! How'd you do?? Icon_minitimeApril 16th 2007, 9:16 am

cheers WOO HOO! YOU GO GIRL! cheers How many points did you get? What a great Show!
Back to top Go down
LovingLoping

PostSubject: Re: Laura!!! How'd you do??   Laura!!! How'd you do?? Icon_minitimeApril 16th 2007, 2:33 pm

Haha, believe me Lynn, I wished I was inside. After awhile though, I was just sorta numb and frozen to my saddle, which wasn't too bad, except for horsemanship. Posture, smoshter...right? Laughing

Oh, and Cindy...those pants, let me tell ya. I'd never ridden in them before, and put jeans back on as soon as my classes were done. No woman should have to wear pants that tight Rolling Eyes

Sigh, I guess since I skipped homecoming for a show, I won't skip prom. Don't get me wrong, I like gettin' all gussied up...I just like gettin' my horse pretty-fied too!

Thanks for the support everybody!
Back to top Go down
chinquapinryder

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2007-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Laura!!! How'd you do??   Laura!!! How'd you do?? Icon_minitimeApril 16th 2007, 9:15 pm

Good job,

With your comment on prom, i am with you missed prom and semi last 2 years because of a family trip so now as a junior I ma going, i am actually leaving a horseshow earlier and driving straight to it from the show to go but its all worth it.
Back to top Go down
Kate and Paint

Number of posts : 197

PostSubject: Re: Laura!!! How'd you do??   Laura!!! How'd you do?? Icon_minitimeApril 21st 2007, 12:38 pm

OMG, brenham buckle Series! I was soooo gonna go this year, but I could noe find any info on it. Dang! i wanna go to the next ones. theres 2 more right?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/all_texas_cowgirl
LovingLoping

PostSubject: Re: Laura!!! How'd you do??   Laura!!! How'd you do?? Icon_minitimeApril 21st 2007, 5:13 pm

Yep, there's actually three more...June 9, August 4, and October?
Back to top Go down
Kate and Paint

Number of posts : 197

PostSubject: Re: Laura!!! How'd you do??   Laura!!! How'd you do?? Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2007, 10:17 am

Yea, I really want to go to the next one. i really need a little practice. Could you e-mail me some more info about it. i couldnt seemto find any.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/all_texas_cowgirl
natmarie1122

natmarie1122

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2007-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Laura!!! How'd you do??   Laura!!! How'd you do?? Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2007, 11:53 am

Congrats!!! you did an awesome job! I have my first show this coming weekend! Good job!
Back to top Go down
LovingLoping

PostSubject: Re: Laura!!! How'd you do??   Laura!!! How'd you do?? Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2007, 1:55 pm

Good luck! And please let me say how much I LOVE your avatar picture...picture perfect!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Laura!!! How'd you do??   Laura!!! How'd you do?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Laura!!! How'd you do??
Page 1 of 1