Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

WEB PAGES, What is a fair price?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228
Registration date : 2007-02-08

WEB PAGES, What is a fair price? Empty
PostSubject: WEB PAGES, What is a fair price?   WEB PAGES, What is a fair price? Icon_minitimeApril 11th 2007, 12:52 pm

I have to get myself in gear and have one built. I wanted to take class and do it myself but, That's not going to happen. Sooo Im on the hunt again. Any one have any Ideas?
Back to top Go down
B2

PostSubject: Re: WEB PAGES, What is a fair price?   WEB PAGES, What is a fair price? Icon_minitimeApril 11th 2007, 12:56 pm

Back to top Go down
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

Number of posts : 942
Registration date : 2007-02-12

PostSubject: Re: WEB PAGES, What is a fair price?   WEB PAGES, What is a fair price? Icon_minitimeApril 11th 2007, 12:56 pm

I have no clue...but I'm about to have to get one up too!
Back to top Go down
http://www.kuhlmannequine.com
B2

PostSubject: Re: WEB PAGES, What is a fair price?   WEB PAGES, What is a fair price? Icon_minitimeApril 11th 2007, 12:58 pm

Kidd wrote:
I have no clue...but I'm about to have to get one up too!

The first link I posted Kidd is really nice since you can do it yourself very easily <if I can do it anyone can> the second link is a very fairly priced designer but I still stick with the first link since I do it all myself.
Back to top Go down
B1

PostSubject: Re: WEB PAGES, What is a fair price?   WEB PAGES, What is a fair price? Icon_minitimeApril 11th 2007, 1:02 pm

Homestead is decent too.... it's like $10 a month or something like that and they buy your domain name for you. They have templates you can use or you can start from scratch.
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

PostSubject: Re: WEB PAGES, What is a fair price?   WEB PAGES, What is a fair price? Icon_minitimeApril 11th 2007, 1:09 pm

http://www.graphicsbytj.com/html/intro.html What do you think of this one KIDD?
Back to top Go down
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

PostSubject: Re: WEB PAGES, What is a fair price?   WEB PAGES, What is a fair price? Icon_minitimeApril 11th 2007, 1:27 pm

I'm liking that one Triple J - I'm trying to get photos together now...

I'm thinking we will have the following links:
News - upcoming races, new babies, results, latest work outs
Horses In Training - name, photo, record, owner, breeder, pedigree
Yearlings - name, photo, owner, breeder, pedigree, nominations
Broodmares - name, photo, produce record, pedigree, breeding status
For Sale - Photos of broodmares/yearlings/weanlings, videos of horses in training
Services Offered - Training, Sales Prep, Consulting: Breeding, purchasing, sales

I really want it to be a site people think about and want to go look at...We'll have to see!
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

PostSubject: Re: WEB PAGES, What is a fair price?   WEB PAGES, What is a fair price? Icon_minitimeApril 11th 2007, 1:31 pm

KIDD-So you would do the 10 page package. That is what I was thinking. Your right about the photos, I need to get them togather. I really need a more recent on of Tucker. I like your list of pages, Do you think 10 is to many?
Back to top Go down
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

PostSubject: Re: WEB PAGES, What is a fair price?   WEB PAGES, What is a fair price? Icon_minitimeApril 11th 2007, 1:40 pm

Honestly,
I would rather have too many than not enough...
I don't like having to scroll through a bunch of crud to get where I want Rolling Eyes

I'm big on - I want to see THAT so I CLICK and zap - there I am...

I'm also big on KEEP IT UPDATED! Too many people let pages get old...if a horse is sold - put sold next to it...if a horse has something change - post it...

Hehe, all this from someone who doesn't have a webpage yet!

I like information Very Happy 10 pages is good for me!!!
Back to top Go down
B2

PostSubject: Re: WEB PAGES, What is a fair price?   WEB PAGES, What is a fair price? Icon_minitimeApril 11th 2007, 1:43 pm

The updates are great except on that 10 page deal you only get 5 per month, then your charged 10 dollars for each additional update. If you do not plan to update more then that then its not a bad deal.
Back to top Go down
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

PostSubject: Re: WEB PAGES, What is a fair price?   WEB PAGES, What is a fair price? Icon_minitimeApril 11th 2007, 1:53 pm

Yeah - I was looking at that...
I'm wondering though if this guy will do a "custom" package...

I'm thinking I will need updates every Monday at least and some weeks will need updates Wed or Thur depending on when entries get put in...

Alot of big trainers have web pages that are NEVER updated...it bugs me...

Maybe I'll have to learn to do my own updates....frightening thought!
Back to top Go down
B2

PostSubject: Re: WEB PAGES, What is a fair price?   WEB PAGES, What is a fair price? Icon_minitimeApril 11th 2007, 2:01 pm

The first link I gave you you make the site yourself, which is nice and you can do all the updates you want for nothing. It might not look like some big professional glitzy site but for the money and to get started, its awesome.

Plus some places take a bit to update so thats another thing to think about, I don't like the 5 updates a month limit myself.
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034

PostSubject: Re: WEB PAGES, What is a fair price?   WEB PAGES, What is a fair price? Icon_minitimeApril 11th 2007, 7:39 pm

we are working on a web site too nice to see everyones ideas we just bought our digital computer link and it gives us so much megabites hubby knows for a web site then he is getting our domain through go daddy... Im going to class this summer to learn more on web design and we are having someone to the farm this spring to do photos... just trying to figure out what all we will need... interesting to see what each person is going to have. Don't think we will need updates more than bi monthly but that could change heck I don't know at this point.
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

PostSubject: Re: WEB PAGES, What is a fair price?   WEB PAGES, What is a fair price? Icon_minitimeApril 12th 2007, 9:54 am

Your right Lynn, I think they offer plenty of updates. Let me know how the class goes. I'd love to take one, Just not in the cards yet.
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667

PostSubject: Re: WEB PAGES, What is a fair price?   WEB PAGES, What is a fair price? Icon_minitimeApril 12th 2007, 10:02 am

The guy that does all the big guys web pages, you can spot them a mile away... last I heard, he charged $750 for the initial set -up and then $325 for each year thereafter, and all the updating you need. Course that was a couple of years back, no telling what his price is now.

I'm going to wait till we have some things set up differently, I just can't handle a bunch of mares right now, plus I'm not doing the shipping mess - I absolutely refuse to do that broohah! That is, unless I just throw them all out together if they were here... horrors the thought! GAWD!
Back to top Go down
B2

PostSubject: Re: WEB PAGES, What is a fair price?   WEB PAGES, What is a fair price? Icon_minitimeApril 12th 2007, 10:12 am

I believe your talking about Double S Designs, their prices have gone up but they do an amazing job.

$995 inital setup
$495 annual maintence.
Unlimited updates completed within 3 business days.

Todd and Kathy are awesome people and they normally have your updates done in 24 hours.
Back to top Go down
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

PostSubject: Re: WEB PAGES, What is a fair price?   WEB PAGES, What is a fair price? Icon_minitimeApril 12th 2007, 10:26 am

Yeah - I hear ya on the shipping thing...
The little guy in the back pasture at the farm gets NO exposure and his owners do not want to ship on him, which makes sense at this point since he has a whopping 2 babies (both are CUTE)...

For us we just need updates since it is a training page primarily...
I've been selecting mares for people to buy and stallions for them to breed to for a few years now just to get some "test" horses under my belt to advertise with...Sales prep also one that needs updates since if we have 15 yearlings going to a sale and 3 of them have siblings that ran last weekend and 2 of the siblings did well - I sure as heck want potential buyers to know the good news ASAP!
I want my owners (okay, maybe technically they are garrett's owners) to be able to pull up their horse, see recent pics of it, be able to see its "training log"...I know as we get more and more horses it will be hard to keep up with - but as an owner, I want more info from my trainer...so we're gonna see what we can do!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WEB PAGES, What is a fair price?   WEB PAGES, What is a fair price? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WEB PAGES, What is a fair price?
Page 1 of 1