Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Heard unleaded was supposed to top

Go down 
+2
Cindy
7cedars
6 posters
AuthorMessage
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Heard unleaded was supposed to top Empty
PostSubject: Heard unleaded was supposed to top   Heard unleaded was supposed to top Icon_minitimeApril 11th 2007, 8:09 am

out at around $4.00 this summer. You know, it never fails. So I'm guessing diesel will be right around $4.25 - which is beyond me, since it's cheaper to make diesel.

Between gas prices, hay and feed prices, I don't know... makes you wonder sometimes if everything isn't stacked up against us! ARGH!

If it does hit that high on fuel, I'll be picking my shows very, very, VERY carefully!
Back to top Go down
Cindy

Cindy

Number of posts : 871
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Heard unleaded was supposed to top   Heard unleaded was supposed to top Icon_minitimeApril 11th 2007, 8:26 am

UGH!!! Will it never stop! affraid
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockin911.com
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

Number of posts : 942
Registration date : 2007-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Heard unleaded was supposed to top   Heard unleaded was supposed to top Icon_minitimeApril 11th 2007, 9:17 am

Yowzers - ugh...
Me thinks I'm going to get a Mini!!!

Right now Garrett and I are looking for an alternate form of transportation for him to drive to work...he lives ON the farm and just has to drive about 1/2 a mile to get to work...sooooo definately does not make sense for him to drive his diesel truck there and back every day...

I think we're leaning toward used golf cart...
Back to top Go down
http://www.kuhlmannequine.com
7cedars

PostSubject: Re: Heard unleaded was supposed to top   Heard unleaded was supposed to top Icon_minitimeApril 11th 2007, 11:13 am

Kidd, either that or a scooter. I know my sister's scooter goes up to about 50 miles an hour... at least that's what she's told me... kind of scarey if you ask me... but if he has a golfcart, and you have a top on it, won't be bad when it's raining, ya know.

I think the last time Rick was hunting for a golfcart down in Houston for one of the plants he was over, they were right around 2 grand, for a super nice 2-seater type of cart.
Back to top Go down
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

Number of posts : 942
Registration date : 2007-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Heard unleaded was supposed to top   Heard unleaded was supposed to top Icon_minitimeApril 11th 2007, 11:36 am

yeah...

Those are the prices we've been seeing -
I told Garrett that our guys had better start making money QUICK!

My 2yo came up sore so we're not sure if we're going to keep paying him into the Retama Park Fut. the pouch in his knee got irritated by about 2mm of growth plate in his last work...
the vet LOVED him though and we're giving him light work until May 1 and doing another x-ray...he also gets a chiro visit since garrett's fat butt (okay, not fat, just too heavy to gallop - 170lbs)has been riding him and his shoulders are sore...

We're thinking golf cart though because of the extra seat AND we can use it for tack/feed/etc...hehe and the dogs can come too when they're being good!
Back to top Go down
http://www.kuhlmannequine.com
Merikle Waters

Merikle Waters

Number of posts : 690

PostSubject: Re: Heard unleaded was supposed to top   Heard unleaded was supposed to top Icon_minitimeApril 11th 2007, 2:32 pm

Thats terrible to hear for you guys..... I think ours is at 96 cents per litre? or 99?

Y'all should move to Canada! lol
Back to top Go down
SuperLope

SuperLope

Number of posts : 300

PostSubject: Re: Heard unleaded was supposed to top   Heard unleaded was supposed to top Icon_minitimeApril 11th 2007, 3:33 pm

$3.94 here Shocked and diesel is currently cheaper than gas so maybe that trend will follow Wink
Back to top Go down
7cedars

PostSubject: Re: Heard unleaded was supposed to top   Heard unleaded was supposed to top Icon_minitimeApril 11th 2007, 4:42 pm

I think these danged oil companies down here was seeing all the profit they could make on diesel... so now it's higher than unleaded - go figure!
Back to top Go down
stockman

stockman

Number of posts : 356

PostSubject: Re: Heard unleaded was supposed to top   Heard unleaded was supposed to top Icon_minitimeApril 11th 2007, 6:50 pm

We bought a Prius a few years ago and we love it! It has saved so much on gas it's unbelievable. That's the car I drive around because I put alot of miles on a car running the kids around. If only it could pull a horse trailer we'd be in business! Gas is 2.75 here today.
Back to top Go down
B2

PostSubject: Re: Heard unleaded was supposed to top   Heard unleaded was supposed to top Icon_minitimeApril 11th 2007, 7:44 pm

Merikle Waters wrote:
Thats terrible to hear for you guys..... I think ours is at 96 cents per litre? or 99?

Y'all should move to Canada! lol

.99 cents a liter works out to be $3.74 a gallon.
Back to top Go down
Merikle Waters

Merikle Waters

Number of posts : 690

PostSubject: Re: Heard unleaded was supposed to top   Heard unleaded was supposed to top Icon_minitimeApril 11th 2007, 9:21 pm

oh... lol I wasn't sure what you all were referring to.. litres, or gallons...

But then, if thats the case, that aint too bad I guess.... $60-70 CAD to fill my moms SUV... LOL idk... I guess I dont pay to fill it all the time...
Back to top Go down
Cindy

Cindy

Number of posts : 871

PostSubject: Re: Heard unleaded was supposed to top   Heard unleaded was supposed to top Icon_minitimeApril 11th 2007, 10:15 pm

How's this for economy horse hauling!

Heard unleaded was supposed to top 32994981_6f227e0504

Heard unleaded was supposed to top Electric_trike_trailer_rickshaw
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockin911.com
7cedars

PostSubject: Re: Heard unleaded was supposed to top   Heard unleaded was supposed to top Icon_minitimeApril 12th 2007, 5:32 am

Oh, my gosh, Cindy! That last deal on the bicycle. When they first came out with that, me and the boys had so much danged fun. I'd strap them in, heck, I don't even think Dillon was 3 then, and we'd have the biggest time. One darned reason why I got one is because I'd have the back-pack thingy on my back with one kid in, and the other in front of me with another dealey-do...got kind of hard going up those hills... the kids still talk about going down the hill from the house when we had that thing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heard unleaded was supposed to top   Heard unleaded was supposed to top Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Heard unleaded was supposed to top
Page 1 of 1