Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Horse Problem Need Opinions

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
chinquapinryder

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2007-02-12

Horse Problem Need Opinions Empty
PostSubject: Horse Problem Need Opinions   Horse Problem Need Opinions Icon_minitimeApril 10th 2007, 7:45 pm

So five years ago we bought my mom a nice AQHA mare she was 3 then 8 now. I did some retraining. Mom got busy we leased her for 2 years and then we kept her free last year for mom. Mom rode her a few times but i went off her once schooling and ended up hurt. Then almost 2 weeks ago mom's riding the mare at my trainer's indoor. Mare has a moment and tosses her she ends up fracturing her elbow.

BTW we never had any problems while she was leased with her acting up. The only problem was unless I really watched the girl she would heavy hand the mare. Made her mouth really tough for a while now we have her back in a twisted snaffle (thank goodness)

So i don't know what to do should I sell her or just try to lease her out again?

I have my hus gelding to campaign and don't have the desire to ride her to as my time is now super busy. Mom owns her own business so now I am doing everything for that plus riding and being a full time student. I was working 4-6+ hours a day above barn chores and school.

Any one have any opinions
Thanks
Haylee
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Horse Problem Need Opinions   Horse Problem Need Opinions Icon_minitimeApril 11th 2007, 8:07 am

I say lease her, just for everybody to stay safe, either that or sell her.

And people wonder why I like halter, and keeping my big butt on the ground, uh-huh, yep, yep, yep!
Back to top Go down
chinquapinryder

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2007-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Horse Problem Need Opinions   Horse Problem Need Opinions Icon_minitimeApril 11th 2007, 8:48 pm

her daddy is a halter horse and she has that big powerful behind when she is in shape. I could not believe she had the ability to get that high when I ever saw her go?

here is another question before I lease her out should I put a little training on her with my trainer to see if we can break this habit now.

Of all of it the funny part was the middle. She I see my mother go flyin off just as I fly off my gelding so he tries to follow me forward I flap my arms at him so he back away. I got right beside this mare and I shouted her name in her ear just as I grabbed her bridle and yanked. She froze then tried to book it away from me. Looking back that makes me laugh cause you can tell that this mare knows when she is in deep dog poop. But my more gelding he was freaked after that he would not stand for anyone even my mom. He ALWays stands solid worst he'll do is idlly pick up and put down his foot, or nudge .

But thanks for the advice.
Keep it coming
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Horse Problem Need Opinions   Horse Problem Need Opinions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Horse Problem Need Opinions
Page 1 of 1