Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A bit of a rambling introduction

Go down 
+5
stockman
Cindy
RoperChick
QHorse163
GreySorrel
9 posters
AuthorMessage
GreySorrel

GreySorrel

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2007-04-04

A bit of a rambling introduction Empty
PostSubject: A bit of a rambling introduction   A bit of a rambling introduction Icon_minitimeApril 4th 2007, 5:14 pm

Was invited to come and take a look see by Cindy, and after seeing other like minded equestrian folks decided to sit and introduce myself and my critters.

First is Terry or ASU Tear Drop. He is my let's get this done and get home safe gelding and all around horse. His attitude is very outgoing, we had a rough start when I bought him, but we have come a long way and in a bind, I want him under me as he is the true definition of a Quarter Horse. He stands 16H, and on a trail, he is awesome. In the evening when I go to feed, he melts my heart by issuing a deep throaty nicker then lets out a sigh as I walk through the gate. Wink

A bit of a rambling introduction CIMG0297

Lucy or ASU Elusive Strip, is Terry's half sister, they share the same sire but different dam. She is such a warm, gentle soul, loves nothing more than to be pampered, brushed, clipped, and braided up. About 5 years ago she had a pretty badly injured tendon sheath tear, then a knee puncture to the same leg, causing extensive damage. The vets at
Texas A & M didn't think she would ever walk right again, but, with a lot of time, patience, massaging, good feed, I can lightly ride her and keep special shoes on her front hoof she is fine. To get her enough exersize I do pony her a lot, which she loves to do. Both her and Terry are racing bred, or so I am told, on their papers. Terry is to the left, and Lucy is to the right, and no, my pasture no longer looks that nice...Sad

A bit of a rambling introduction Lucyterry

Last but certainly not least, is my much loved Percheron Smoke or
LRS Maid of Smoke. She is an honest 17H when not shod, can be ridden and I drive her in a cart. We show some, more for fun and exposure, and she too loves to be pampered and loved on. She had a rough start in her life, being handed around then being cruely treated by a farrier so when I got her, her hooves were in horrid shape and she hated most men. When you have something that is that big, it isn't always a good thing. But, Smoke has come a long ways, I do use her on trail rides and she is willing to try everything I ask and give me 110%. We have also tried dragging logs, skids, and she was once a commercial carriage horse. Her and Lucy are best buds, going around the pasture together. This is my all time favorite picture of us, taken two years ago as we won best registered draft mare, 3rd place.

A bit of a rambling introduction 7813
Back to top Go down
QHorse163

QHorse163

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2007-02-12

PostSubject: Re: A bit of a rambling introduction   A bit of a rambling introduction Icon_minitimeApril 4th 2007, 5:18 pm

Welcome! It sounds like you have some nice horses. Lucky for them they now have a great home! Smile
Back to top Go down
RoperChick

RoperChick

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: A bit of a rambling introduction   A bit of a rambling introduction Icon_minitimeApril 4th 2007, 6:19 pm

Welcome, looks like you have nice horses and glad you joined us, hope you'll post often
Back to top Go down
Cindy

Cindy

Number of posts : 871

PostSubject: Re: A bit of a rambling introduction   A bit of a rambling introduction Icon_minitimeApril 4th 2007, 6:58 pm

I am so happy you decided to join us! Welcome aboard! cheers I love Smoke! She is so pretty!
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockin911.com
stockman

stockman

Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: A bit of a rambling introduction   A bit of a rambling introduction Icon_minitimeApril 4th 2007, 6:58 pm

Welcome! Sounds like you really love your horses and they are all gorgeous!!! I'm glad you were able to give them all a good home. Everyone here has good stories and good advice so I hope you post often!
Back to top Go down
GreySorrel

GreySorrel

PostSubject: Re: A bit of a rambling introduction   A bit of a rambling introduction Icon_minitimeApril 4th 2007, 8:06 pm

Thank you all for such nice comments. Yep, love my horses. My mare Lucy I bought with my own money, worked a lot of weekends and evenings but it all paid off. At the time, she was being boarded at a friends acreage and my friend and Lucy did not get a long at all!! One thing Lucy never did get over was her fear of water crossings, I tried about everything I could think of to get her to over come it but whatever happened must of been tramatic.

I hope to contribute and help. I use to give riding lessons to young children and ride hard to handle horses when we were stationed in TX, but as I grew older, ruptured a disc, realized that the ground isn't getting any softer and this ole` body just doesn't bounce bounce like it use to. I also use to rescue Northern Breeds, the Malamutes and Siberian Huskies, after many years, got out of it as my female Siberian was stolen out of our yard and we never did recover her, I lost heart.

I have two dogs now, my faithful old Malamute/German Shepherd who is 13, Rocky. Rescued from the pound, a day away from being put to sleep, abused, beaten, lost, and skinny. He bonded with me and with me he stayed, I can't go anywhere without him nearby and if I am in one room he will lay down and stay till I go someplace else.

Then there is his sidekick, the whirling red dirvish, my red Siberian Husky Dakota. Again, she was abused as a puppy, abandoned, shuffled from home to home as no one really understood the husky mentality or upkeep, and we got her at 5 years of age, we were her 6th and final home. She has some seperation anxiety and at night loves nothing more than to jump up on the bed and lay between us for bedtime pets and snuggling. Dakota is about 10 or 11 now, but still acts like a puppy.

As for me, I run rescue with a fire and rescue squad, I am an EMT. It is all volunteer and I usually run during the week with our paramedic. We do get cross trained to help out our fire fighters, so in a pinch, I have gone into a burning home holding hose or pulling down walls and dry wall.
Back to top Go down
Cindy

Cindy

Number of posts : 871

PostSubject: Re: A bit of a rambling introduction   A bit of a rambling introduction Icon_minitimeApril 4th 2007, 9:05 pm

WOW! It sounds like you stay pretty busy. affraid My husband is the President of our fireboard and that keeps him jumping, I'm sure your even way busier than he is!
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockin911.com
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034

PostSubject: Re: A bit of a rambling introduction   A bit of a rambling introduction Icon_minitimeApril 4th 2007, 11:27 pm

Welcome very pretty horses... my hubby is retired from firefighting after 3 big back surgeries and I am an RN that works at a spine hospital so I understand back pain... not fun!!! I also train search and rescue with my lab and love it when Im not busy with the horses. Glad to have you with us!!! Jump in and start chatting...
Back to top Go down
GreySorrel

GreySorrel

PostSubject: Re: A bit of a rambling introduction   A bit of a rambling introduction Icon_minitimeApril 4th 2007, 11:33 pm

Lynn...the foal in your avitar...what an adorable baby! A filly or a colt? Whats their name? Age? Details..I just want to steal it from you! Cutie..and thank you.
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034

PostSubject: Re: A bit of a rambling introduction   A bit of a rambling introduction Icon_minitimeApril 5th 2007, 12:53 pm

Hey thanks the colt in my pic is was born Feb 20th. he is a Doc Quixote/Freckles Playboy/Mr. Gunsmoke/Rey Jay real sweet heart of a colt more personality than he knows what to do with I swear... going to make an amazing reining horse or reined cow some day. Really laid back little dude. We had thought about keeping him for our next stud prospect but my Rooster daughter just had a really nice stud colt by a son of CD O'lena so I think we will go ahead and sell him (breaks my heart) but some are going to have to go.....
Back to top Go down
SuperLope

SuperLope

Number of posts : 300

PostSubject: Re: A bit of a rambling introduction   A bit of a rambling introduction Icon_minitimeApril 5th 2007, 4:55 pm

Welcome to the board!!

Nice looking horses!

you seem like a knowledegable and easy going person haha you'll fit in just fine here!
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415

PostSubject: Re: A bit of a rambling introduction   A bit of a rambling introduction Icon_minitimeApril 7th 2007, 11:27 am

WELCOME cheers Nice horses and it looks to very pretty where you are.. Dancing
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
BeePrettyJack

BeePrettyJack

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2007-02-12

PostSubject: Re: A bit of a rambling introduction   A bit of a rambling introduction Icon_minitimeApril 12th 2007, 5:46 pm

Love the pictures, especially the Perch! WOW! Welcome, by the way! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
GreySorrel

GreySorrel

PostSubject: Re: A bit of a rambling introduction   A bit of a rambling introduction Icon_minitimeApril 15th 2007, 8:15 pm

I am just grinning when I come to this board, everyone has such beautiful horses, so well put together, and everyone seems to know the value of breeding a good mare to a good stallion and producing something that the breed is proud of. I am a BIG advocate of thought out breedings, not meadow muffin to some fly by night neighbor stallion or some of the crosses that are coming out...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A bit of a rambling introduction   A bit of a rambling introduction Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A bit of a rambling introduction
Page 1 of 1