Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Neck Sweats?

Go down 
+3
shazgeoff
PHENOMADACIOUS
Merikle Waters
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Merikle Waters

Merikle Waters

Number of posts : 690
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Neck Sweats? Empty
PostSubject: Neck Sweats?   Neck Sweats? Icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2007, 8:49 pm

I am looking to purchase a couple neck sweats for 2 of my horses...

What type (fleece, neoprene etc) and what *type* (Jowel, neck, throatlach..? etc) should I get for these two horses?

I have never sweated a horses neck before.... what do you all suggest is best for these two horses?

Neck Sweats? Taffy11MonthsPreg001

and my stud (who from looking at previous pictures when we got him,... had a much slimmer neck than I thought!)

Neck Sweats? 101_0494

Opinions?
Back to top Go down
PHENOMADACIOUS

PHENOMADACIOUS

Number of posts : 424

Neck Sweats? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neck Sweats?   Neck Sweats? Icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2007, 8:53 pm

I would work up to 2 or 3 full neo neck sweats layerd on them while you work and "sweat" them, and a fleece jowl sweat for each of them to wear the rest of the time.
Back to top Go down
shazgeoff

shazgeoff

Number of posts : 850
Registration date : 2007-02-10

Neck Sweats? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neck Sweats?   Neck Sweats? Icon_minitimeApril 1st 2007, 9:45 am

i know this is changing the subject a little but i wonder if one could use cling film and sweat ones self ie my middle is flabby.

c`mon someone must have tried it,does it work
Back to top Go down
PHENOMADACIOUS

PHENOMADACIOUS

Number of posts : 424

Neck Sweats? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neck Sweats?   Neck Sweats? Icon_minitimeApril 1st 2007, 12:49 pm

Sheila did it last summer! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sip of Rum

Sip of Rum

Number of posts : 565
Registration date : 2007-02-10

Neck Sweats? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neck Sweats?   Neck Sweats? Icon_minitimeApril 1st 2007, 12:54 pm

Does it really work??
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667

Neck Sweats? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neck Sweats?   Neck Sweats? Icon_minitimeApril 1st 2007, 2:30 pm

Yep it really does. Me and a friend years back were trying to get rid of the midrif, you know... so we went to Wal-Mart, and they had these blue neoprene things that comes up oh, about two-three inches below your bra line, and it has legs, too, kind of help the hips. Well, now you can imagine us wearing these danged things under our jeans... we looked like a couple of sweaty pigs after being at the barn all day, but boy, the weight peeled off... granted a lot of it's water, but hey, nothing better than getting in your skinny jeans for that special night out... HA!

Also, I have a deal that's comes right under my bra (when I wear one... ah-hem)... and goes oh, about three inches below my belly button... that's the one I wear now when I'm working at the barn. Fixing to start that again.
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

Neck Sweats? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neck Sweats?   Neck Sweats? Icon_minitimeApril 5th 2007, 9:56 am

Plastic wrap, is great, If you don't have enough Neck sweats to layer like Kelly said, It works great, That is what everyone used until Super sweats came along. Wrap the neck in the plastic wrap and put a sweat over it.

Now about the human results you need to refer to 7 Ceders .... lol!

Not saying I wont try it, I just was sitting here closing my eyes and seeing this as person driving by.... Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Neck Sweats? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neck Sweats?   Neck Sweats? Icon_minitimeApril 6th 2007, 8:53 am

Oh, hush, TripleJ! HA! Very Happy

The only bad thing about it is when I take it off at noon after I'm done working the horses, good Lord, you've got to take a shower. Then you've got to take another one when you go back out and feed later.

I haven't foamed yet, at least I don't think...I love you Wink
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

Neck Sweats? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neck Sweats?   Neck Sweats? Icon_minitimeApril 6th 2007, 2:03 pm

Yep I can see it now. A Man is Driving by looking out the window, seeing these 2 women wearing jeans, wrapped in, What, What, what are they doing?
What are they doing wearing those Blue things. So he Think s he will drive down the road and come back by, to make sure he saw, what he thougt he say, Ok, now He slows down. Now they have a horse hooked up to a GOLF CART, A Golf Cart, He gets on the phone and to tell my wife,
So She say s so your drunk again aren't you! drunken I told you if you started drinking again, not to come home. He says Im not, Im not. Im telling that these women are wrapped up in blue things driving a golf cart with a horse behind it.
He gets home the wife and kids are gone. See you just busted up a family! Laughing Laughing You should be ashamed! No
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Neck Sweats? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neck Sweats?   Neck Sweats? Icon_minitimeApril 6th 2007, 5:17 pm

Okay, now that's pretty danged funny! Very Happy

However, we did have jeans on... we just had some real funny sweat lines. Truthfully, they make you look like you've wet your pants... with shorts they're not so bad.
Back to top Go down
reiningfan

reiningfan

Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2007-02-13

Neck Sweats? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neck Sweats?   Neck Sweats? Icon_minitimeMay 4th 2007, 3:23 pm

I tried plastic wrap. Sweated like a pig, ended up with a bit of a rash the first day. Ended up in my skinny jeans. Now I'm gonna start looking for one of them things Sheila uses.
But back to the horses. Brandi, be real careful about the sizes if you buy an off brand sweat. I got one and it barely goes around my little cutting bred's neck. supposed to fit an "average" QH. Well, most people use sweats on halter breds, who are much bigger than my little ponies. lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Neck Sweats? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neck Sweats?   Neck Sweats? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Neck Sweats?
Page 1 of 1