Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

POLL

Go down 
+2
PHENOMADACIOUS
Cindy
6 posters

Do you want only registered users to be able to access the board?
Yes
POLL Vote_lcap38%POLL Vote_rcap
 38% [ 5 ]
No
POLL Vote_lcap62%POLL Vote_rcap
 62% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 13

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Cindy

Cindy

Number of posts : 871
Registration date : 2007-02-07

POLL Empty
PostSubject: POLL   POLL Icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2007, 2:27 am

I just thought I'd check with everyone before making any changes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockin911.com
PHENOMADACIOUS

PHENOMADACIOUS

Number of posts : 424
Registration date : 2007-02-08

POLL Empty
PostSubject: Re: POLL   POLL Icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2007, 8:46 am

Depends...will new people still be able to join? Will new people want to join if they can't watch the waters for a while first? scratch I know I spyed on the AQHA forum a good week before I was brave enough to join LOL! Embarassed lol!

On the other hand, I'm sure there are reasons to make it more secure?

I guess I'm no help! bounce
Back to top Go down
stockman

stockman

Number of posts : 356

POLL Empty
PostSubject: Re: POLL   POLL Icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2007, 9:39 am

I understand the concerns, but there are so many people to learn from and share from out there, I'd hate to shut it down. Despite all it's faults, the AQHA board always had new members with interesting stories and knowledge to share. Most of the people on here wouldn't be here now, if AQHA had closed their forum to new members say a year ago. And even a closed forum can have problems as we all know. I vote to keep it open for now at least.
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

POLL Empty
PostSubject: Re: POLL   POLL Icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2007, 10:16 am

Cool Yep, but just keep a eye Shocked on things. Cool
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667

POLL Empty
PostSubject: Re: POLL   POLL Icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2007, 10:18 am

But Cindy, you could okay whoever or not okay whoever, right? As long as you can still do that, I think it's fine... maybe I didn't quite understand the question and need to change my vote. HA!

New blood is good, at least most of the time; unless we get some weird oh's, but you should be able to block 'em once somebody goes nutso, right?
Back to top Go down
Cindy

Cindy

POLL Empty
PostSubject: Re: POLL   POLL Icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2007, 1:29 pm

Anyone could still join. I just noticed an option that prohibits reading the forum unless you're logged in.

Thought I'd leave it up to ya'll! tongue
Back to top Go down
stockman

stockman

POLL Empty
PostSubject: Re: POLL   POLL Icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2007, 2:29 pm

Oh, I see what you mean. I didn't understand. Well, in that case, it doesn't matter to me either way!
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415

POLL Empty
PostSubject: Re: POLL   POLL Icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2007, 9:37 pm

I would love to see new folks come on and chat with us. We still have the option of edits or deletes if they are not of sound mind..
Dancing
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Bluejay

Bluejay

POLL Empty
PostSubject: Re: POLL   POLL Icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2007, 10:28 pm

Really what I would prefer be changed is people hinding on here.. If you want to be part of this then come forward. Otherwise they should stay out.. There are only two I know of that hide themselves from the member list. They should come clean. Makes no sense to me to hide... scratch alien They do not have to give all the information on themselves. Just stop hiding.. jocolor
Back to top Go down
PHENOMADACIOUS

PHENOMADACIOUS

POLL Empty
PostSubject: Re: POLL   POLL Icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2007, 8:12 am

Quote :
Really what I would prefer be changed is people hinding on here.. If you want to be part of this then come forward. Otherwise they should stay out.. There are only two I know of that hide themselves from the member list. They should come clean. Makes no sense to me to hide... scratch alien They do not have to give all the information on themselves. Just stop hiding.. jocolor

That seems fair, I've always wondered why people did that??? scratch
Back to top Go down
B2

POLL Empty
PostSubject: Re: POLL   POLL Icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2007, 9:19 am

The people who are keeping their board status hidden need to come clean? let me ask you what does it matter who does? And why should it concern anyone? Your statement coming clean, stop hiding etc just really seem odd.

I mean sure if maybe you registered got approved and only *lurked* to be nosy that might be a little irksome but a person chosing to keep their status private is a right everyone has. The right to privacy is ours period, just like your online status you can allow who you want to see you on the internet and who can't.

So Phenom to your question on why? I do it because I like to read boards like this while I am on my business screen name, a screenname on AOL that no one knows because it is only used for business and was the main one I made when I joined AOL oh 9 or 10 years ago.

Sooo when I am on that name and want to read a board ANY board that will show me being on it I make sure I click the privacy option. WHY? because IF someone I know sees me on there reading a board....looks on their buddylist and wow no Tara what the hell why did she block me etc etc. It stops my friends from emailing me going why did you block me I saw you on that board reading it and yet you don't show up on my buddylist....see this avoids things like that.

So yes I hide my board status so BlueJay I *came clean* whatever the hell that means LOL I feel a case of Big Brother coming on.

Guess my privacy choice is not welcome here so no point in making people upset.
Back to top Go down
PHENOMADACIOUS

PHENOMADACIOUS

POLL Empty
PostSubject: Re: POLL   POLL Icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2007, 10:00 am

Quote :
Sooo when I am on that name and want to read a board ANY board that will show me being on it I make sure I click the privacy option. WHY? because IF someone I know sees me on there reading a board....looks on their buddylist and wow no Tara what the hell why did she block me etc etc. It stops my friends from emailing me going why did you block me I saw you on that board reading it and yet you don't show up on my buddylist....see this avoids things like that.

That makes sense to me too, thanks for pointing out that side of it. I never thought to make the connection between that and IM's...but I see your point, I know when I log onto "yahoo" it starts me off as "invisable" and that does come in handy if you just want to check something real quick, but not be stuck on there for hours small talking about the weather! LOL lol!
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

POLL Empty
PostSubject: Re: POLL   POLL Icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2007, 10:28 am

Maybe I voted wrong, I would like to see it open. As it was mentioned "We still have the option of edits or deletes if they are not of sound mind.."

As far as the Suspect "invisable" Suspect goes, I don't see the big deal. What differance does that make. I mean, Does it matter if your name shows up while your reading in here. It's not a issue for me. I mean in order to post you have to give your name, isn't that the most important thing? I guess, maybe you could read something, run over to another forum and say did you see what so and so wrote. But you know what. They could do the same thing with their name showing up. Maybe I'm missing something here, but I don't see this as a issue. Heck, if you want to be invisable go for it Cool

Arrow Do you want only registered users to be able to access the board?

I voted yes, but I should have voted no! No

I'd like it to be open to only users that are willing to Register. Not having to be invited. Now, do I have everyone CORN-FUSSED? scratch Hee Hee Dancing

Last edited by on March 27th 2007, 1:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
B2

POLL Empty
PostSubject: Re: POLL   POLL Icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2007, 10:35 am

Oh I totally missed BJ a board moderator saying if you choose to stay hidden then get out. Well guess that means I should not post, ok so be it.

I really am rather shocked that a board moderator would say that, but hey so be it.

BJ wrote....

>>If you want to be part of this then come forward. Otherwise they should stay out..<<
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

POLL Empty
PostSubject: Re: POLL   POLL Icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2007, 11:22 am

Well, you all totaly missed what I was trying to say. I wasn't even talking about that.. So, no need to be defensive to those who feel that way.. scratch

I am talking about members who do not appear on the members list. I didn't even realize that you could make yourself not seen when you look at who is on.. I see who is and just assumed everyone esle does.. Embarassed

As far as it goes with me the more the merrier.. I feel that everyone has something to contribute to this forume. If I offended anyone I am sorry I did not mean to do that.. No
Back to top Go down
B1

POLL Empty
PostSubject: Re: POLL   POLL Icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2007, 11:41 am

Bluejay wrote:

I am talking about members who do not appear on the members list. I didn't even realize that you could make yourself not seen when you look at who is on.

How do you make yourself not appear in the member list? I don't see that option anywhere in the profile preferences??

ETA: I think you are still talking about the same thing Tara is - she apparently has her online status hidden (as do I - I could log out and come back as a guest if that makes anyone feel any better). When I just went up and clicked on "memberlist" it automatically sorted by last visit and neither of us show up. I can't understand why that would bother anyone. Why would anyone want/need to know when I or anyone else am/am not online?
Back to top Go down
stockman

stockman

POLL Empty
PostSubject: Re: POLL   POLL Icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2007, 1:00 pm

I don't know if this is what you are all talking about , but I normally check this forum occasionally but only bother logging in if I have something to say. I don't know if other people know whether I am on or not or what difference that would make.
Back to top Go down
Cindy

Cindy

POLL Empty
PostSubject: Re: POLL   POLL Icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2007, 6:48 pm

Okay. We'll leave it as is. I', gonna lock this one... COOL!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

POLL Empty
PostSubject: Re: POLL   POLL Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

POLL
Page 1 of 1