Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Does anyone know...

Go down 
+4
QHorse163
Cindy
PHENOMADACIOUS
LovingLoping
8 posters
AuthorMessage
LovingLoping

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Does anyone know... Empty
PostSubject: Does anyone know...   Does anyone know... Icon_minitimeMarch 25th 2007, 9:39 pm

How many points you need to earn a performance ROM with the AQHA?
I've been searching aqha.com and have found *nothing*.

Please && Thank you Cool
Back to top Go down
PHENOMADACIOUS

PHENOMADACIOUS

Number of posts : 424

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone know...   Does anyone know... Icon_minitimeMarch 25th 2007, 10:18 pm

10 I think? study
Back to top Go down
Cindy

Cindy

Number of posts : 871
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone know...   Does anyone know... Icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2007, 2:29 am

I'm pretty sure it's 10 too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockin911.com
B2

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone know...   Does anyone know... Icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2007, 9:49 am

Yes 10 for an ROM and 50 for a Superior.
Back to top Go down
QHorse163

QHorse163

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2007-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone know...   Does anyone know... Icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2007, 2:41 pm

Yep, 10 points earned in one division (i.e. Youth, Amateur, or Open). Points are combined from all performance classes, they don't have to all be earned in one class.
Back to top Go down
LovingLoping

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone know...   Does anyone know... Icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2007, 3:59 pm

Cool!
Sheesh, 10 is such a small number, then I think of how many shows that'd be...haha. It may be awhile Shocked
Back to top Go down
Kim

Number of posts : 99

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone know...   Does anyone know... Icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2007, 7:08 pm

ya AQHA points don't add up fast .... especially when some shows a smaller .... nto to mention tough
Back to top Go down
Cindy

Cindy

Number of posts : 871

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone know...   Does anyone know... Icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2007, 9:16 pm

So the amount of points you get depends on the quantity in the class or the overall competition value?
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockin911.com
B2

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone know...   Does anyone know... Icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2007, 9:48 pm

You need 5 horses in a class to get 1 point and you have to of course win the class. So it can be a slow road to get points depending on what class you show in and how big the shows happens to be.
Back to top Go down
standbytrucker

standbytrucker

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2007-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone know...   Does anyone know... Icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2007, 10:22 am

so, lets say, i have 5 points in Novice WP, 4 Points in Western Riding and 1 point in showmanship,

that makes my gelding eligable for perfomance halter?
cause if thats so, im EXCITED, cause we are gonna show at Congress! bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone know...   Does anyone know... Icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2007, 10:32 am

Yep, as long as they are all in Youth, or Open or Am. Can not be combined
Congress is worth the trip.

Im not sure about NOVICE. See the points are counted on the person, not the horse.

Novice points are differant, the points are counted on the person, You will not get a ROM on a horse in Novice. Someone correct me if Im wrong here.

CONGRESS-Can you say SHOPPING! cheers
Back to top Go down
QHorse163

QHorse163

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone know...   Does anyone know... Icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2007, 5:33 pm

Novice points don't count for ROMs. Like Triple J said, technically, Novice points aren't awarded to the horse, they are awarded to the exhibitor, if that makes sense. (It doesn't really make sense to me but the rulebook specifically states it. lol)

And for the Perf. Halter, the ROM has to be earned in the division you want to show in. So, as long as your WR & SMS points are in Amateur, you are halfway to getting his ROM! Smile Maybe you can get it in time for Congress!
Back to top Go down
QHorse163

QHorse163

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone know...   Does anyone know... Icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2007, 5:39 pm

Also wanted to add that AQHA will send you a certificate in the mail when you earn your ROM, and you & your horses names will be listed in the Journal (although I can't remember what issue it comes in). Smile And to show in Perf. Halter you have to bring proof of having a ROM to the show... taking a copy of your certificate/printout of your horse's AQHA record/etc. I'm not sure what they consider to be "proof" but I'm sure the valid documents are listed somewhere in the rulebook.

Good luck! I'm going to try for my Amateur Performance ROM this summer too. I am itching to see how Clara does in the Performance Halter as well. Smile Hopefully I can get the points fast and get a chance to take her in it before the end of the season!
Back to top Go down
LovingLoping

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone know...   Does anyone know... Icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2007, 6:03 pm

Oooh, I hope you get it! Clara's gorgeous, she should clean up in the performance halter, especially from what I've seen. Were you still thinking of qualifying for showmanship?
Back to top Go down
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

Number of posts : 942

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone know...   Does anyone know... Icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2007, 6:15 pm

Hmm, okay, I need help...
I have a gelding who I personally have never shown in AQHA...BUT...all of this talk got me to thinking sooooo...I looked up his record on AQHA...
He has his open and amature ROM...does this make a difference if I decide to bring him out of retirement and take him to a show? (he is a whopping 17 and has been retired for about 6 years now due to college, life, etc...)
Back to top Go down
http://www.kuhlmannequine.com
QHorse163

QHorse163

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone know...   Does anyone know... Icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2007, 11:04 pm

LovingLoping - Thanks! Cool I got to thinking more about qualifying, and I don't think I will be able to hit enough shows to get the points. I would need to get 32 points. Eek! lol. And probably not possible for us in only 5 shows. I would, however, like to hit the Regional Experience this year. We'll see how it goes... I don't know how well my mom would like the idea of a 6 hour haul.

Kidd - He would be eligible for both the Open & Amateur divisions of Performance Halter. Smile
Back to top Go down
standbytrucker

standbytrucker

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2007-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone know...   Does anyone know... Icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2007, 11:24 pm

ok i can handle just amatuer classes. yay! thanks guys
Back to top Go down
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

Number of posts : 942

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone know...   Does anyone know... Icon_minitimeMarch 28th 2007, 12:00 am

QHorse - Thanks! Hmmm...maybe it is time to pull him out of the pasture :)

Actually I guess what I should really do is find some kid that needs a kick-butt show horse and lease him to them since I don't even have time for my worthless paint!!! Hehe, even in retirement the little cow pony (15.2 hands/1200lbs) learned how to jump and he can now go over cross bars...at least that is what i was told by the people that were using him....now they just have him turned out because they don't need him as a rehab horse anymore...last summer he was doing well at some open shows though (so they told me).

Do they let youth show leased horses?
Back to top Go down
http://www.kuhlmannequine.com
QHorse163

QHorse163

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone know...   Does anyone know... Icon_minitimeMarch 28th 2007, 1:40 am

Unfortunately, no. For both Amateur and Youth, the horse must be owned by either the exhibitor or a close relative of the exhibitor.

He sounds like a neat horse, though! Smile There are plenty of older horses out there showing, you should try to get him out! I'm sure you'd have lots of fun!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone know...   Does anyone know... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Does anyone know...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Equine Online :: Show Talk-
Jump to: