Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sun Circuit - Day 1

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
SilverBuckleHorses

SilverBuckleHorses

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Sun Circuit - Day 1 Empty
PostSubject: Sun Circuit - Day 1   Sun Circuit - Day 1 Icon_minitimeJanuary 26th 2010, 12:44 am

We competed in:

Barrel Racing - 5 Entries - 2nd Place - 1 AQHA Point TOTAL - 8 State Points

Pole Bending - 3 Entries - 1st Place - 1 AQHA Point TOTAL - 6 State Points

We had a pretty good day, Sun Circuit is a BLAST!!! I'm pretty beat but excited that we were able to earn some points! We are still leading for state high point in both classes as well! Also, I think we picked up a couple more sponsors so that is great! Our next day is on the 27th! There are some really huge classes here, it's been great to watch!
Back to top Go down
http://www.silverbucklehorses.cjb.net
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

PostSubject: Re: Sun Circuit - Day 1   Sun Circuit - Day 1 Icon_minitimeJanuary 26th 2010, 11:11 am

1st out of 3, is 1/2 a point
5-9 in the class, second gets 1/2 a point

Now going Grand or Res. Well that is a WHOLE differant ball game, that gets mind blowing sometimes, figuring our those points! scratch

So you have one point total. BUT that is great! Anytime you can get points, 1/2 a point at a time is Wonderful, on your way to an ROM!

UNLESS this was double judged, then you would have a total of 2 points???
Back to top Go down
SilverBuckleHorses

SilverBuckleHorses

PostSubject: Re: Sun Circuit - Day 1   Sun Circuit - Day 1 Icon_minitimeJanuary 26th 2010, 1:22 pm

There are two judges for every class at Sun Circuit, so we get 8 different sets of points throughout the week Smile So, 1 pt. for each class! Maybe if we can continue like this the rest of the week we'll be 1/2 way qualified for Worlds and close to an ROM.

Trust me, I had a heck of a time figuring it out yesterday lol. A lot of times, there aren't enough entries to even get 1/2 a point so I had never even bothered learning. But, I think we got it figured out Wink
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

PostSubject: Re: Sun Circuit - Day 1   Sun Circuit - Day 1 Icon_minitimeJanuary 26th 2010, 3:12 pm

Small show isn't it.. Our speed events go on for HOURS! Sleep I get so tired of, in the hole, on the deck, so and so be thinking about it, Then the tractor Drags and Drags and Drags.. coffee Im thinking AGAIN????? Enough already!

Oh, ment to ask, what are your times now?
Back to top Go down
bluetide

bluetide

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Sun Circuit - Day 1   Sun Circuit - Day 1 Icon_minitimeJanuary 26th 2010, 3:25 pm

Congratulations !!
cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
shazgeoff

shazgeoff

Number of posts : 850
Registration date : 2007-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Sun Circuit - Day 1   Sun Circuit - Day 1 Icon_minitimeJanuary 26th 2010, 4:04 pm

Congrats and your one brave women. i would love to do that but just dont have the courage.
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

PostSubject: Re: Sun Circuit - Day 1   Sun Circuit - Day 1 Icon_minitimeJanuary 27th 2010, 10:34 am

Shame they are not giving High Point awards for speed events at this show, you'd have a good shot.. Good Luck today! Maybe this week end the show will pick up, and your classes will get bigger. riding
Back to top Go down
SilverBuckleHorses

SilverBuckleHorses

PostSubject: Re: Sun Circuit - Day 1   Sun Circuit - Day 1 Icon_minitimeJanuary 28th 2010, 10:57 am

Thanks everyone!!!

Atleast we do get circuit awards, and they are VERY VERY nice. Something kind of cool, and it's not updated on the site yet, BUT, for Sr. Western horse, we are actually 9th overall in the show out of all the sr. horses. I thought that was kind of neat, we have 28 show points total.

We went and ran yesterday, it was kind of a rough run we took 2nd of 5 in barrel racing, picking up another AQHA point though.

We took 2nd of 3 in Pole bending, I knocked over a pole. Still got 2nd though, was just a little dissapointed in our run though...

I think we will end up with the circuit championship in Pole Bending and Reserve in Barrel Racing. Would have really liked to have had both, but hey, we're still leading the state in both for year end high point!
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

PostSubject: Re: Sun Circuit - Day 1   Sun Circuit - Day 1 Icon_minitimeJanuary 28th 2010, 12:38 pm

80 in Sr Trail! IM LIKE WHOA!!!!!!!!!!!! 80! How long would that take???

Sr. Western Riding 40!

Did one of the pole horses get DQ-ed. or scratched.. It said only 2 was shown.

49 In Sr reining.. Great class, Its hard for you to win high point when these huge classes are going on. I mean, then if they shown in any other class and place, it just kills you. I mean Shoot, when there is 80 in a class, and 5 in yours its just hard to do! 1 more point! Woo Hoo.. I was surprised to see that you only have to have 7.5 points to Qualify for the world in Sr. Barrels.. Goes to prove that class numbers over all are down. Good Luck, Keep us posted!

What are the Times, and Tell Mark Harrel. Kay Jackson said Hi, Im working on getting the hair off, and maybe I will see him In March at Murry.. Tell him I love the family Photo
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Sun Circuit - Day 1   Sun Circuit - Day 1 Icon_minitimeJanuary 28th 2010, 10:56 pm

Circuit shows are always bigger. The big time people only hit those shows for the points. They don't even mess with the weekend stuff.. That is really small for a circuit show. But, I only do halter stuff. And, those are normally big classes... And, this paticular show normally gets a lot in for halter. Basketball
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
SilverBuckleHorses

SilverBuckleHorses

PostSubject: Re: Sun Circuit - Day 1   Sun Circuit - Day 1 Icon_minitimeJanuary 29th 2010, 9:36 am

I have no idea what happened in the pole class, but they now have me listed as 1st. I think it is because they entered the class at the gate and that is a no-no for this show. You have to enter 3+ classes ahead for it to count from what I understand. They did count the entries in the class but didn't give them a placing so apparently, I have another point in pole bending as well.

Yeah Kay, some of those classes are just crazy huge! I wasn't planning on winning, I was just happy to be listed up there, especially with numbers in our class so small! The #1 horse is a WP horse, but that could change because the 2nd day judges didn't use her as well as the first. Then most of the other horses are rope and cow horses! I thought that was kind of neat! Like I said, I was just happy that out of ALL those horses, we had earned enough to be on the top ten for high point sr. western horse!

The times for pole bending are in the 20-21 range and the barrel times, I'm not even going to say because they haven't measured the barrel pattern ONCE since we've gone out there lol. The horse that has been taking first is a horse that competes and wins on the NBHA circuit here and he is running 20-21 times and I am never more that half a second off from them? One the 2nd day, we took it easy because the footing was bad from the rain, it's supposed to be dried up by tomorrow though!

Halter entries were down this year, but, I guess they're never really high at Sun Circuit? Oh well, as long as there is enough to get points, ya know?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sun Circuit - Day 1   Sun Circuit - Day 1 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sun Circuit - Day 1
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Equine Online :: Show Talk-
Jump to: