Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Looking for Barn Name Suggestions

Go down 
+2
Triple J Quarter Horses
bluetide
6 posters
AuthorMessage
bluetide

bluetide

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2009-12-13

Looking for Barn Name Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Looking for Barn Name Suggestions   Looking for Barn Name Suggestions Icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2010, 6:42 pm

I want to give my Appaloosa mare a better barn name. We have always called her "Jag" based on one of the horses in her pedigree but I'd like to have something that one fits her better and two is prettier sounding! So, any suggestions? Here's some pics and her pedigree. She is 97% foundation ApHC mare.

http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/wa+ulrich+gem

Looking for Barn Name Suggestions Jagsnow4r25300 Looking for Barn Name Suggestions Jag61300

Looking for Barn Name Suggestions 3030crpr2600
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Barn Name Suggestions   Looking for Barn Name Suggestions Icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2010, 6:47 pm

Oh, WOW what color! Jewell or Gem, to reflect all her color!
Back to top Go down
SilverBuckleHorses

SilverBuckleHorses

Number of posts : 636

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Barn Name Suggestions   Looking for Barn Name Suggestions Icon_minitimeJanuary 13th 2010, 11:37 am

I would go with Gem, she's such a pretty mare! I do like Jewel, but I find that if you use a nickname with more than one syllable, they end up getting shortened anyways!
Back to top Go down
http://www.silverbucklehorses.cjb.net
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Barn Name Suggestions   Looking for Barn Name Suggestions Icon_minitimeJanuary 13th 2010, 10:48 pm

I like people names. Some young and some old. I would call her Doris... Basketball
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Bucks&Blues

Bucks&Blues

Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2007-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Barn Name Suggestions   Looking for Barn Name Suggestions Icon_minitimeJanuary 14th 2010, 4:23 pm

Lol, I like Starla as a name! Shes very pretty. My parents use to have a lep app and a blanket app before I was born. I always thought I would like to have a well spotted Leopard. Very eye catching!
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Barn Name Suggestions   Looking for Barn Name Suggestions Icon_minitimeJanuary 14th 2010, 10:49 pm

I like Starla as well. But, I knew a human with that name and she was a dip Sh!t... lol! Shocked Couldn't stand her and no one else could either.

Funny how a name will stick in your mind when you meet someone you don't like and that is their name.. horse taz
Back to top Go down
Cindy

Cindy

Number of posts : 871

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Barn Name Suggestions   Looking for Barn Name Suggestions Icon_minitimeJanuary 16th 2010, 1:38 am

Hehehe how about Pebbles? She looks like a Pebbles! LOL cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockin911.com
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Barn Name Suggestions   Looking for Barn Name Suggestions Icon_minitimeJanuary 18th 2010, 10:21 am

Cindy, Pebbles is sooooo Cute!
Back to top Go down
bluetide

bluetide

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Barn Name Suggestions   Looking for Barn Name Suggestions Icon_minitimeJanuary 19th 2010, 9:40 pm

Wow! You guys are giving some great suggestions! Two of my favs so far are Pebbles and Starla. And I agree about names leaving bad memory associations. I went to school with a girl named Gretchen. What a rotten person she was... lol. To this day I HATE that name! I have also emailed friends for naming suggestions. I plan to make a list and take votes. I'll do the same here. Is there a way to make a poll ? If so, I'll do a poll. Thanks! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Barn Name Suggestions   Looking for Barn Name Suggestions Icon_minitimeJanuary 19th 2010, 9:44 pm

Basketball Waiting for the poll... Sleep
Back to top Go down
bluetide

bluetide

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Barn Name Suggestions   Looking for Barn Name Suggestions Icon_minitimeJanuary 19th 2010, 10:17 pm

Bluejay wrote:
Basketball Waiting for the poll... Sleep

lol... First I have to gather all the suggestions I have received. Then I gotta figure out how to do the poll..lol.. Might take me a couple of days to get it all together. Hang on. bounce lol
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Barn Name Suggestions   Looking for Barn Name Suggestions Icon_minitimeJanuary 20th 2010, 11:47 am

Ok, I like Faith too, I had the most wonderful mare, that I sold and went to New York, she is a reiner. pray
Back to top Go down
Cindy

Cindy

Number of posts : 871

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Barn Name Suggestions   Looking for Barn Name Suggestions Icon_minitimeJanuary 22nd 2010, 1:52 am

I made you a poll! flower
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockin911.com
bluetide

bluetide

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Barn Name Suggestions   Looking for Barn Name Suggestions Icon_minitimeJanuary 22nd 2010, 1:51 pm

Cindy wrote:
I made you a poll! flower

Thanks Cindy! I'm hoping you can add some more names to the list.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Barn Name Suggestions   Looking for Barn Name Suggestions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Looking for Barn Name Suggestions
Page 1 of 1