Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

HAY!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

Number of posts : 942
Registration date : 2007-02-12

HAY! Empty
PostSubject: HAY!   HAY! Icon_minitimeMarch 14th 2007, 1:57 pm

I am beyond excited right now bounce It is RAINING:!: Then the Sun will come out and it is supposed to rain again next week:flower: This is GREAT!!!! Rain+Sunshing+Rain+Sunshine=HAY...I was a little concerned there after the January rains Feb was kinda dry (really dry actually)...

I do think my horses will be sad though since I've been supplementing their coastal with alfalfa cubes to stretch my coastal... I guess I could keep supplementing even though they won't need it here in a couple of months!

Dancing (my happy hay dance)
Back to top Go down
http://www.kuhlmannequine.com
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667
Registration date : 2007-02-08

HAY! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HAY!   HAY! Icon_minitimeMarch 14th 2007, 5:00 pm

We're still behind in our rain, though. We got day before yesterday and then the storm blew in about oh, 7:00-7:30 last night, poured like all get out, and by the time we went to bed, I just opened the bedroom door and it didn't rain anymore. Thought we were supposed to ahve some more today, but doesn't look like it.

We're still way, way behind in rain though to make up for these past bad seasons. They're already saying this year is going to be as bad as this past year... Even if it's good, I think it'll take around 2 years to even get even on what we were paying for hay before.... kind of gosh-darned aggravating, ya know!
Back to top Go down
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

Number of posts : 942
Registration date : 2007-02-12

HAY! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HAY!   HAY! Icon_minitimeMarch 14th 2007, 5:29 pm

Shoot, I'm just glad there will be grass to CUT!!! I gave up on a decent price a LONG time ago!!! I think the cheapest I bought hay for last year was $4.50 which I was FINE with (and it was really good hay)! Right now stuff that is essentially straw is $9.90 which makes me angry!!!
I kept meaning to stock up but the number of horses changed, etc... This year we have a whole section of the barn set aside for hay so no storage issues! Just suck it up and pay the high price Mad

Here it rained pretty solidly on Sunday night and then it started raining again last night and has rained all day, still raining. I don't know in inches where we are but this should carry us a little way. Plus we're "supposed" to get rain next week (Tuesday I believe)...so we'll see!
I'm trying to be on the possitive side...think hay think hay think hay!
Back to top Go down
http://www.kuhlmannequine.com
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667
Registration date : 2007-02-08

HAY! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HAY!   HAY! Icon_minitimeMarch 15th 2007, 7:25 am

Yeah, was supposed to rain here last night, too, but it didn't. In fact, it was rumbling not far from here, and I'd just let the mares out in teh big pasture and I'm a thinking... oh, Lordy!

I think we're supposed to get some rain starting Tues. or Wed., too, for what, 3 or 4 days there! I don't care about the rain, but that lightening bothers me with the horses out.

I have a father-in-law and two brother-in-laws, that are on the hunt for alfalfa hay that do hauling for oilfield stuff, etc.... hopefully I can get them on a trip back and can bring me some down from up north and start literally hoarding that mess! GAWD!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

HAY! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HAY!   HAY! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HAY!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Equine Online :: General Off Topic Discussions-
Jump to: