Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Before and During pics

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
reiningfan

reiningfan

Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2007-02-13

Before and During pics Empty
PostSubject: Before and During pics   Before and During pics Icon_minitimeMay 1st 2009, 12:50 am

Here is the blue roan we 'rescued'. Got him in exchange for hay that I wouldn't feed my horses.

This is what he looked like when we got him.
Before and During pics IMG_2265

Before and During pics IMG_2256

Before and During pics IMG_2266

This is him now. He's not really as butt high as he looks in the pics. There's a low area along the trailer. He's gained weight, leads, loads, changed color on me Laughing , and now will let me brush his belly again without kicking at me. We sent so much time gettng rid of the manure balls that he was getting touchy about being touched on his belly.
Before and During pics IMG_2838

Before and During pics Brennenhorses063

Before and During pics Brennenhorses081

Before and During pics Brennenhorses092

Before and During pics Brennenhorses095

He's still a work in progress, but he is starting to look better.
Back to top Go down
Bucks&Blues

Bucks&Blues

Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2007-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Before and During pics   Before and During pics Icon_minitimeMay 1st 2009, 1:30 am

There was a roan under all that poop! It looks like he is going to be the blue roan with almost a white body. Vegas was like that through her 3 yr old year, then 4 rolls around and shes got a more silver blue body. She is still shedding out what little winter coat she had, so shes still kind of darker. Come summer she will be her silvery blue self.

He looks better, you can tell hes been getting some good feed and hay. I like seeing progress on others projects. In the end it is usually all worth the trouble! You are doing right by him, keep it up!
Back to top Go down
SilverBuckleHorses

SilverBuckleHorses

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Before and During pics   Before and During pics Icon_minitimeMay 1st 2009, 1:52 am

What a good job you have done! He is going to be such a pretty color when he's done Smile Thank goodness for you giving him such a good home, you can just tell he is fat and happy!
Back to top Go down
http://www.silverbucklehorses.cjb.net
reiningfan

reiningfan

Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2007-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Before and During pics   Before and During pics Icon_minitimeMay 1st 2009, 2:17 am

Thanks guys. See the dark patches at his elbows? Those areas are shedding out dark. He sure is funky looking right now. When I got him his ribs were like a scubbing board. I can still feel them, but they are under some flesh now.
The first time I dewormed him wasn't too bad. A week later we did it again and he let me know he didn't think it was neccessary. Now he'll get done when the other yearlings do and get onto their schedule. I've also given him some diatomaceous earth and oil in his oats. He cleans his grain up pretty darned fast.
Back to top Go down
shazgeoff

shazgeoff

Number of posts : 850
Registration date : 2007-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Before and During pics   Before and During pics Icon_minitimeMay 1st 2009, 6:17 am

wow, just goes to show what a difference food and tlc can do. Well done you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Before and During pics   Before and During pics Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Before and During pics
Page 1 of 1