Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Did you guys see this?

Go down 
+5
Bucks&Blues
Ragdoll
Triple J Quarter Horses
SilverBuckleHorses
denibun
9 posters
AuthorMessage
denibun

Number of posts : 638
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Did you guys see this? Empty
PostSubject: Did you guys see this?   Did you guys see this? Icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2009, 9:55 am

This video was on the Pleasure horse forum
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03YcT74h5Mg
Back to top Go down
SilverBuckleHorses

SilverBuckleHorses

Number of posts : 636

PostSubject: Re: Did you guys see this?   Did you guys see this? Icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2009, 11:31 am

It's bad enough when a horse bucks when there's a person on them, but when they're all strapped up to a cart, oh my goodness... That's just a disaster. I have major respect for the few horses that didn't freak out. Maybe their owner's thought to lounge them before they went into the class or something lol.

You can't help but wonder what people are thinking when they step directly in front of a full speed, scared to death horse... Wow...
Back to top Go down
http://www.silverbucklehorses.cjb.net
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

PostSubject: Re: Did you guys see this?   Did you guys see this? Icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2009, 2:44 pm

The question was asked what would you do?
One, I think I would have gotten the horses out of the pen one at a time. Two they had big gates they could have swung open to block the horse.
Three I would have NOT been in the cart anymore, I would have been out. and unhooking my horse.
I wonder if the horse at the end was ok. Bless its heart it was an innocent by stander. No
Back to top Go down
denibun

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Did you guys see this?   Did you guys see this? Icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2009, 2:46 pm

Yeah, when I saw it, I was thinking, Okay, I'd be getting out of the arena fast. It was posted on PHF and someone said they had seen it and the horse at the end was okay...some cuts and stuff, but nothing life threatening. I wonder if those horses will ever drive again or if they'll be terrified? I wonder if the guy who got plowed over by the horse was okay?
Back to top Go down
Ragdoll

Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2007-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Did you guys see this?   Did you guys see this? Icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2009, 5:31 pm

I have to wonder just how "broke to drive" horse #1 is/was in the first place. Some people are in just too big a hurry to get to the show ring.
Back to top Go down
Bucks&Blues

Bucks&Blues

Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2007-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Did you guys see this?   Did you guys see this? Icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2009, 7:06 pm

That was hard to watch. You could see the man trying to pull his horse back, but no response. I ride alot, and one of the most important things to me is brakes. Nothing scares me more than a runaway horse.

The second horse took a hard blow. That woman should have been out of her cart. She wasnt safe in it, but really there didnt look to be many safer places either. I was honestly waiting to see if either of them was going to dive into the stands. Personally I would have de-carted my horse during all this. Thats just me though, everyone reacts differently.

THe second horse, at the end was exhausted. You can see him breathing extra hard. Were those vets I saw running around in those white lab coats?
Back to top Go down
emma&slim09

emma&slim09

Number of posts : 163

PostSubject: Re: Did you guys see this?   Did you guys see this? Icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2009, 11:14 pm

From what I've heard, the woman that was still in her cart was a quadrapalegic. So she just couldn't exactly stand up and get out of her cart.
Back to top Go down
shazgeoff

shazgeoff

Number of posts : 850

PostSubject: Re: Did you guys see this?   Did you guys see this? Icon_minitimeApril 1st 2009, 2:42 pm

Thats was awful.
So hope the horse was ok.

But what were the people thinking,the last thing you do to a paniced horse is chase it with arms waving. Need to let the horse calm down and for crying out loud why didnt the others get the hell out of there.
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

PostSubject: Re: Did you guys see this?   Did you guys see this? Icon_minitimeApril 1st 2009, 4:06 pm

emma&slim09 wrote:
From what I've heard, the woman that was still in her cart was a quadrapalegic. So she just couldn't exactly stand up and get out of her cart.

Bless her heart, dont you know she was scared to death! It is STUPID for them to have that set up in the center! Ive shown Arabians and Walkers and they always have that. Stupid if you ask me. I was just waiting for one of these horses go land in the middle of it.
Back to top Go down
REINING CHICK

REINING CHICK

Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2007-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Did you guys see this?   Did you guys see this? Icon_minitimeApril 1st 2009, 4:21 pm

WOW that is scary as hell!!!
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Did you guys see this?   Did you guys see this? Icon_minitimeApril 1st 2009, 8:28 pm

JJJ, they set up that way at the state fair here.. I had to really look at it since it looked like it could have been here.. lol!

Like I said. They look like a bunch of idgets. Trying to out run the horse. Then get a hold of some thing dragging. The last one that hit the ground they just jumped on it like that would hold it down.. affraid No

I do hope none of the horses got hurt. Any of the idiots trying to out run and standing in the way deserve what ever they got.. The lady who could not walk was stuck there and someone should have got to her right away and got her out of there. pray

The horse and driver that started it all should have excused them selves from the class since they knew they did not have control of their animal. Had they done that none of this would have happened. Shocked

I bet they had sandles on out there as well. IDGETS... I want one of those white lab coats.. bounce
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Bucks&Blues

Bucks&Blues

Number of posts : 548

PostSubject: Re: Did you guys see this?   Did you guys see this? Icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2009, 12:58 pm

emma&slim09 wrote:

Quads cant move their arms or legs. I watched her, shes not a quad, maybe a paraplegic.

If they knew she couldnt get out, someone should have moved her.
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

PostSubject: Re: Did you guys see this?   Did you guys see this? Icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2009, 1:58 pm

Quote :
JJJ, they set up that way at the state fair here.. I had to really look at it since it looked like it could have been here..

The cool part about those being out in the middle is, and your showing quarter horses, are.. Its harder for the judge to see the whole class. And gives you a little more correction room. Hee hee.. Here some are just left, and they have this Shelter for them to be in, I love those, You can kill you pleasure horse and not get caught! cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Did you guys see this?   Did you guys see this? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Did you guys see this?
Page 1 of 1