Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Like my new baby?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
reiningfan

reiningfan

Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2007-02-13

Like my new baby? Empty
PostSubject: Like my new baby?   Like my new baby? Icon_minitimeFebruary 9th 2009, 10:46 am

OK, not a newborn. I went to a horse sale on Saturday, brought some horses for a neighbor and met a friend from another board there. In came a little palomino pony mare, blind in her left eye. Meat buyer bid $50, I felt sorry for her, so I ended up with her. Then the seller came up and told me her foal was at home, come pick him up on the way home if I wanted him, he had just pulled him off when they left for the sale. He got them in October and she already had the colt then. No idea on what's the matter with her eye, I have a vet appointment and will find out then. Also not sure on when the little dude was born. He was thinking about August, but he also called him a dun, when in my eyes, he's sorrel.
i know, I know, less horses, not more, but I felt sorry for her and she's cute. These pics do not do her justice, she's much nicer in person.

Mama mare
Like my new baby? IMG_1755

And the little one
Like my new baby? IMG_1753

Like my new baby? IMG_1759

The mare holds her head this way a lot. Must be to compensate a bit for her lack of sight.
Like my new baby? IMG_1762

Like my new baby? IMG_1766
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Like my new baby? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Like my new baby?   Like my new baby? Icon_minitimeFebruary 9th 2009, 11:14 am

Oh! I want the pally pony! pray
Back to top Go down
Mare

Mare

Number of posts : 522
Registration date : 2007-04-16

Like my new baby? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Like my new baby?   Like my new baby? Icon_minitimeFebruary 9th 2009, 2:47 pm

Oh, how cute they are. Does that Pally have a dorsal?
Back to top Go down
reiningfan

reiningfan

Like my new baby? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Like my new baby?   Like my new baby? Icon_minitimeFebruary 9th 2009, 5:18 pm

Yeah, she seems to have one. I can't wait to see what she looks like shedded out.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

Like my new baby? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Like my new baby?   Like my new baby? Icon_minitimeFebruary 10th 2009, 12:06 am

lol! No meat in a pony.. No She is just darling and I would have done the same thing. Thank God, you were there to show her that not all humans are bad people. Pony's do not eat much and She looks worthy of a loving place to call home.. I hope that baby is not still sucking.. Rolling Eyes

Now, no more sales for you.. Dancing coffee
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Bluejay

Bluejay

Like my new baby? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Like my new baby?   Like my new baby? Icon_minitimeFebruary 10th 2009, 12:08 am

UM, one of those shots reveals the baby is still sucking.. No
Back to top Go down
reiningfan

reiningfan

Like my new baby? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Like my new baby?   Like my new baby? Icon_minitimeFebruary 13th 2009, 5:12 pm

I've weaned the baby. He's darn near as big as his momma and has got to be at least 6 or 7 months old. My yearlings are giving him the gears. They are best buddies, so they weren't really happy with a third horse coming into their little group.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Like my new baby? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Like my new baby?   Like my new baby? Icon_minitimeFebruary 13th 2009, 9:43 pm

Sad Poor little guy... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
reiningfan

reiningfan

Like my new baby? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Like my new baby?   Like my new baby? Icon_minitimeFebruary 14th 2009, 11:24 am

Well, he seems mighty put about the whole thing. I don't need to feel sorry for him, he's doing enough of it on his own Rolling Eyes The other yearlings are awfully bossy, so he'll get some tuning up, plus they are friendly, so he should get to see that us humans are not so bad as he thinks.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Like my new baby? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Like my new baby?   Like my new baby? Icon_minitimeFebruary 16th 2009, 10:00 pm

What the heck are you going to do with these ponies? scratch Question Laughing

Don' t let those big kids pick on the poor little guy.. No
Back to top Go down
reiningfan

reiningfan

Like my new baby? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Like my new baby?   Like my new baby? Icon_minitimeFebruary 17th 2009, 10:21 pm

He's not much littler than the smaller of the two others. But I moved him back in with the mule/hinny, as he seems to be happier with her. He gets fed his grain separately and his hay at night.
Right now we plan on working with the mare and getting her more rideable, then we may try to re-home her, or just keep her as a companion to Tony, the Welsh. He doesn't have any buddies, we keep selling his friends on him.
The colt we plan on keeping till he is going well under saddle, then we'll see whether he meets our needs here, or sell him then.
The mule/hinny (Mocha) I plan on harness breaking and then hopefully sell her.
Mostly I just wanted to keep the meat dealer from getting them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Like my new baby? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Like my new baby?   Like my new baby? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Like my new baby?
Page 1 of 1