Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

when is your first show?

Go down 
+5
shazgeoff
reiningfan
Triple J Quarter Horses
REINING CHICK
denibun
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
denibun

Number of posts : 638
Registration date : 2007-02-08

when is your first show? Empty
PostSubject: when is your first show?   when is your first show? Icon_minitimeJanuary 5th 2009, 4:31 pm

When does s how season start for you guys? We're probably looking at April unless I can find something sooner.

Denise
Back to top Go down
REINING CHICK

REINING CHICK

Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2007-02-12

PostSubject: Re: when is your first show?   when is your first show? Icon_minitimeJanuary 5th 2009, 4:43 pm

mines not until april i believe. thats the first APHA show ill be heading to. other then that theres monthly shows around Az ill probably attend.
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

PostSubject: Re: when is your first show?   when is your first show? Icon_minitimeJanuary 5th 2009, 4:56 pm

AQHA April IF I can get the hair off these yearlings. Id like to find an open show or 2, to go to. June for Pallys show. Have to get his goofy Yearling gelded. Snip Snip.. Denibum, I just learned about a bunch of open shows in Western Southern KY.. Circuit awards and all. BUT would be about 2-3 hour trip for you. Money shows. Let me know if you want the Info.
Back to top Go down
denibun

PostSubject: Re: when is your first show?   when is your first show? Icon_minitimeJanuary 5th 2009, 5:45 pm

Kay,

Send me the info. I also think Rachel and I are going to try out a Ranch Horse show down in Bowling Green. There's one Jan 24th and 25th if I can get Toby transferred in time. I'm doubting it. I usually do that right away, but I just never had sent it in yet.

Denise
Back to top Go down
denibun

PostSubject: Re: when is your first show?   when is your first show? Icon_minitimeJanuary 5th 2009, 5:48 pm

Gosh Kay, I guess you just need to sell me Tank so you can focus on the young 'uns. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

PostSubject: Re: when is your first show?   when is your first show? Icon_minitimeJanuary 5th 2009, 6:03 pm

Kirt would kill me! The other day, I looked down in the pasture, He was standing up on his hind legs, Just standing there, looking around. I thought what the heck, He came back down, and then went up again, Just Stood up, So I went out the back door, Yelled at him, he came back down, Turned to me, and Stood Up on his hind legs again, looked at me, nickered and looked at me as to say, What ya want . I thought, well I guess he just wanted to look around. He was way down in the pasture. Laughing Hes a mess..

Ill get the phone numbers and get them to you, Im hoping if I mail them an address stamped envelope, they will mail the book to me when they go to print.

PS If you have your transfer/ Papers. Make copies, take them to the ranch show with you. They are very easy to get alone. You can pay the extra 15.00 for rush, send a letter with your papers to AQHA and tell them you are wanting to show in A SHOW, dont mention which one, and ask them if they can fax you a copy to show on. They do that for me.
Back to top Go down
denibun

PostSubject: Re: when is your first show?   when is your first show? Icon_minitimeJanuary 5th 2009, 6:08 pm

I stuck them in the mail today before I knew that we might be able to go to the January show. I'll call them. I've got a couple of weeks.

I have 15 lbs to go to get to my weight that I said I would start riding at again. Right now, I'm planning on riding Cletus. He could use the attitude adjustment. I still have 50 lbs to go before I'd be willing to show. If I can sell Cletus, I'll be looking for a horse for me...nothing fancy, just something to play around on, trail ride, open shows, etc.
Back to top Go down
reiningfan

reiningfan

Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2007-02-13

PostSubject: Re: when is your first show?   when is your first show? Icon_minitimeJanuary 7th 2009, 1:28 am

You guys are lucky. There really aren't any shows here till June. July is packed with them, August has a few, then it's all done unless we hit QH & NRHA shows. We'll be trying for some NRHA shows this year now that Brennen can also show Pep. Right now he looks like a hairy pregnant mare. Got to get the hay belly off, but it's been way to cold to do any real riding.
Back to top Go down
shazgeoff

shazgeoff

Number of posts : 850
Registration date : 2007-02-10

PostSubject: Re: when is your first show?   when is your first show? Icon_minitimeJanuary 7th 2009, 7:18 am

May is our first show,gives me more time to shed there winter woolies
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034

PostSubject: Re: when is your first show?   when is your first show? Icon_minitimeJanuary 7th 2009, 4:58 pm

Shazgeoff can't wait to see pics of your mare in show shape this year she is sure a looker
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: when is your first show?   when is your first show? Icon_minitimeJanuary 10th 2009, 8:57 pm

They just started in Oregon.. There are usually two a month for QH.. jocolor
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
SilverBuckleHorses

SilverBuckleHorses

Number of posts : 636

PostSubject: Re: when is your first show?   when is your first show? Icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2009, 12:19 am

We took Shelby to her first show over the weekend, she pretty much cleaned it up.

We have ATLEAST one rodeo a month, first one coming up on the 24th.

Then starting in Feb. we have atleast two shows a month. Our first APHA show will be in March and we'll be taking Shelby and Copper Smile

LOL, it's going to be a busy year keeping Copper and Shelby fit for the shows, Larry fit for rodeos, and I'm trying to get Scotchy ready for some shows this spring too, but we'll see on that one Smile

We're also trying to find some good penning / sorting events to go too. Basically, I haul almost every weekend. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.silverbucklehorses.cjb.net
shazgeoff

shazgeoff

Number of posts : 850
Registration date : 2007-02-10

PostSubject: Re: when is your first show?   when is your first show? Icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2009, 1:31 pm

Thanks Lynn,she going off to trainers end of Feb,
I will be concentrating on the pally and my stallion
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

PostSubject: Re: when is your first show?   when is your first show? Icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2009, 7:10 pm

Silverbuckles, Dont you have a paint filly too, 2 / 3 year old?
Back to top Go down
SilverBuckleHorses

SilverBuckleHorses

PostSubject: Re: when is your first show?   when is your first show? Icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2009, 9:44 pm

I actually sold a half interest in her, I still have breeding rights to her, but she is living at her other owner's home right now, about 20 minutes from me. They are fitting her up still and will hopefully be showing with us, they're planning on riding her later, which will be awesome Smile She's really turning out to be nice, but her and I never clicked real well. She absolutely LOVES my friend though, I mean, putty in her hands lol. She just turned two this month.
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

PostSubject: Re: when is your first show?   when is your first show? Icon_minitimeJanuary 13th 2009, 11:44 am

Deni- Did you get the show bill I sent you!

Well that good Silver, sounds like a plan, she was cute. Wink
Back to top Go down
denibun

PostSubject: Re: when is your first show?   when is your first show? Icon_minitimeJanuary 13th 2009, 11:46 am

got it this morning. Now, I'm waiting on the Tristate Horseman's association to put together their schedule for the year. When is the Sturgis show? Do you have that website?

Denise
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

PostSubject: Re: when is your first show?   when is your first show? Icon_minitimeJanuary 13th 2009, 1:55 pm

No, Ill check into that, Hey, I think Im going to do some of the ranch horse thing. You??? Did you get your papers sent off?
Back to top Go down
denibun

PostSubject: Re: when is your first show?   when is your first show? Icon_minitimeJanuary 13th 2009, 3:06 pm

I sent in Toby's papers for the transfer to AQHA, but I have to wait for them to send them back and then get him ARHA registered. I'm not sure Cletus has the brain to go do the Ranch Horse show.
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

PostSubject: Re: when is your first show?   when is your first show? Icon_minitimeJanuary 13th 2009, 4:26 pm

Oh he does to........ You can register him at the show, Dont have to do that in advance. Give the poor guy a break.. Hee hee. just make sure he is good and tired.. he just has a bit of extra energy.http://www.smithbrothers.com/product.asp?pn=X3-05046&sid=shopping&CATALOG_CODE=SX822&EID=X3822001&zmam=1460880&zmas=2&zmac=40&zmap=X3-05046&trid=1231878941z901903z0a3c082c11580z&bhcd2=1231878987
Back to top Go down
denibun

PostSubject: Re: when is your first show?   when is your first show? Icon_minitimeJanuary 13th 2009, 5:14 pm

Triple J Quarter Horses wrote:
Give the poor guy a break.. Hee hee. just make sure he is good and tired.. he just has a bit of extra energy.

What? You want me to make him walk to Bowling Green? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

PostSubject: Re: when is your first show?   when is your first show? Icon_minitimeJanuary 13th 2009, 5:15 pm

No trot behind the trailer! Trot. Geez what in world were you thinking walking. No
Back to top Go down
denibun

PostSubject: Re: when is your first show?   when is your first show? Icon_minitimeJanuary 13th 2009, 5:26 pm

That should make him good and tired.
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

PostSubject: Warm weather folks   when is your first show? Icon_minitimeJanuary 20th 2009, 9:58 pm

Come on folks, get us threw out single temp weather and tell us how your horse showing is going! Crying or Very sad Must be nice!
Back to top Go down
SilverBuckleHorses

SilverBuckleHorses

PostSubject: Re: when is your first show?   when is your first show? Icon_minitimeJanuary 23rd 2009, 10:03 pm

I don't know how you can handle the cold like that, I sure do feel for ya! It's been in the 75-80 range here, everyone getting bathes! We have a gymkhana tomorrow morning, I'll let you know how Larry and I do, hopefully we'll have some video for you to look at Smile Stay warm!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: when is your first show?   when is your first show? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

when is your first show?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next