Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Need to Trade

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
SilverBuckleHorses

SilverBuckleHorses

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Need to Trade Empty
PostSubject: Need to Trade   Need to Trade Icon_minitimeJanuary 5th 2009, 1:02 pm

I have a really beautiful show halter that will fit yearling and petite two year old mares. It's really feminine and I was told that it was a circle y, but I never found any stamps or anything on it. It is not a cheap halter at ALL. Real beautiful silver and high quality leather with a nice lead.

I need to trade for a show halter that is better suited for a stallion. I need the leather to be a little wider as well as the silver. Doesn't have to be SUPER fancy, just needs to be quality and look nice.

Here is the halter on one of our filies:

Need to Trade HPIM1194
Back to top Go down
http://www.silverbucklehorses.cjb.net
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

Need to Trade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need to Trade   Need to Trade Icon_minitimeJanuary 5th 2009, 6:07 pm

FYI, you might want to oil the inside of you horses ears when showing, around the eyes and muzzle.

You right if it were Circle Y. The stamp it everywhere. Me Im looking for one to fit, not yearling, but big weanling... Darn filly and her tiny head. Smile
Back to top Go down
SilverBuckleHorses

SilverBuckleHorses

Need to Trade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need to Trade   Need to Trade Icon_minitimeJanuary 5th 2009, 6:43 pm

Do you know what measurements you need?

I oil them up for the big shows, but that show we had run into a traffic jam on the way there and I literally went right from pulling them out of the trailer to the show pen, I didn't even get their feet painted LOL. It's alright, we still did REALLY well that time Smile But thank you!
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

Need to Trade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need to Trade   Need to Trade Icon_minitimeJanuary 5th 2009, 9:57 pm

You might try to run an add on DH in the track area. I have bought a couple REALLY super show halters on that site. They still had the tags on them. Kathy's is one that is pretty nice and the other is Dale Chevez. They have some very $$$ ones and some really nice ones that are the middle of the road. None of which look cheap. Smile

The first show halter I bought was a weanling. It's identicle to one in this pic. I paid $250.00 for it. I later updated my stuff and went for darker leather, wider leather and the congress cut. I like those much better. I love you

I now have a whole box of show halters I need to sell. scratch If you are going to get serious sell what you have a get a couple of nice pieces that are in style. They are all over the web. Take a good look at what others are using and that you like. That will help you pic something that will work for you. study
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Bluejay

Bluejay

Need to Trade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need to Trade   Need to Trade Icon_minitimeJanuary 5th 2009, 10:00 pm

As far as size goes depends on the size of the head. Yearling will fit most yearlings. Two year old mare size will fit an adult horse with a REALLY tiny head. If you want to get something that will take him through his show career. I would go with horse size since you said he was so big. They are adjustabel to a point. Basketball

Tommy can wear a two year old mare size. I bought him horse size and have it pulled all the way up. Shocked

You also want to get a shank with a removable chain on it. You want to get the longest chain you can get so you can lip chain him and not have it too tight. All studs should be lip chained when out around other horses and humans.. I don't care how sweet they are..

My stallion is very well behaved. When the lip chain goes on it's show time and he knows it. He gets right on it. Squares right up and stands until he is told he can move with pressure to his chest. I do not even need to ask him. This is the only time he ever wears the lip chain. I LOVE IT... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
SilverBuckleHorses

SilverBuckleHorses

Need to Trade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need to Trade   Need to Trade Icon_minitimeJanuary 5th 2009, 11:24 pm

Teena, that's a beautiful picture of Tommy you have there!

I was asking TJ what measurements she needed Smile I know my stinker needs a horse size to last him, I don't want to have to buy another halter in a year so I will go with the bigger sized now. I still have another show halter incase the horse size is too big now.

Do you have any you think would look good on Copper that you might be willing to part with? I'm hoping to sell a couple of the halters I have now and will be looking to buy Smile
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Need to Trade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need to Trade   Need to Trade Icon_minitimeJanuary 6th 2009, 2:00 pm

I will dig out the box I have them stored in. I have been through a lot of them to get what I wanted. I know for sure you need something heavier for you horse.. The ones I finally ended up with were in the 300.00 range. Super nice halters.. I got the last two off the tack trader on DH..

My girl friend took those shots of Tommy at the NWSSA in Sept. I was very happy with the shots she got. I had my flyer done with them. I also had her husband hold him so my big butt wasn't in the shot.. lol! Funny thing is Tommy never took his eye off me.. He is not real wild about men since he was roughed up a bit by them. It was like "mommy why is this man holding me and not you"?.. Rolling Eyes

Like I said.. The lip chain means square up and stand there until told other wise. I also use it when someone comes to the barn to look at him.. Once he is done the lip chain comes off and he can just relax. He will stand there all day as long as he has that on. This is what makes it so fun to show him. He never does anything stupid. cheers

I will dig out the box today and see what's in there.. If I have something I think you can use that will look nice I will send you some pics.. Basketball
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Need to Trade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need to Trade   Need to Trade Icon_minitimeJanuary 7th 2009, 10:00 pm

SB I sent you a message on your facebook page. Rolling Eyes I do not normally go to those places. If you need more info email me please.. I have a whole bunch of halters laying on my floor.. lol! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034

Need to Trade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need to Trade   Need to Trade Icon_minitimeJanuary 14th 2009, 4:45 pm

hey Bluejay if you have any 2yr old mare halters you want to sell let me know.... I don't have a bunch to spend but could use something for pics etc...
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Need to Trade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need to Trade   Need to Trade Icon_minitimeJanuary 14th 2009, 9:27 pm

Lynn, I think I have two or three of them. I will take a look. I know one is light oil and the other is med. The light oil one was only used a few times. But, it has some cracks in the learther where it roles around the metal peices. It's not cracked through and I think it happened since the halter did not get the hell oiled out of it. I only used it a few times. It's a nice halter and I paid about 300.00 for it.. I will get some shots of them and post them. They are not cleaned up but you can see how they look. They both have shanks that go with them. I think the med oil one is silver with no finish on it since it tarnishes quickly. I will try to do that in the morning.. riding
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Need to Trade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need to Trade   Need to Trade Icon_minitimeJanuary 15th 2009, 10:46 am

Quote :
I will dig out the box I have them stored in.

Look of me to, yearling size, the thing is, my weanling will fit her, with my yearling poll strap. She has a cute head.

SB, If that halter fits you colt/filly, there is no way it will fit my filly, She has the little Quarter horse type head. Small around where the nose band goes And I need it for AQHA. Not just open shows. But thank you....

Need to Trade Head

See how small she is threw the nose band area, and how short her nose bridge area is. Sure makes it hard to fit.
Back to top Go down
Acmeacres

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-06-10

Need to Trade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need to Trade   Need to Trade Icon_minitimeJanuary 15th 2009, 12:11 pm

If you're having a hard time getting her fit for a show halter, let me know. We're having a sale on Kathy's and haven't had a horse yet we couldn't fit Smile
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Need to Trade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need to Trade   Need to Trade Icon_minitimeJanuary 15th 2009, 12:47 pm

JJJ I know what you mean by those baby doll heads. Bryan can wear the Kathy's weanling show halter. I have one that has fit them all.. This one has a head just like his mother.. Real short and dished.. Your lil gal has an adorable head too.. So Cute..

Need to Trade 348r045
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Need to Trade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need to Trade   Need to Trade Icon_minitimeJanuary 15th 2009, 12:58 pm

Lynn, here is my terrible attempt at taking photos of a halter. This is the light oil. It's the Congress Leather brand. The silver on it is two toned. And it has a gold tint to it. It looks really good on a darker colored horse. I used it on a chestnut and it really stands out nice. A lighter colored horse I affraid it would just blend in.

Need to Trade Dxk6s3

Need to Trade 2gy9imf

Need to Trade 99nnrl
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Need to Trade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need to Trade   Need to Trade Icon_minitimeJanuary 16th 2009, 4:24 pm

Dang it cant see the pic!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Need to Trade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need to Trade   Need to Trade Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need to Trade
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Equine Online :: Classifieds-
Jump to: