Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Im soooooooo Angry

Go down 
+2
Merikle Waters
shazgeoff
6 posters
AuthorMessage
shazgeoff

shazgeoff

Number of posts : 850
Registration date : 2007-02-10

Im soooooooo Angry Empty
PostSubject: Im soooooooo Angry   Im soooooooo Angry Icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2008, 9:22 am

The mare that i sold in order to get me something to ride and show,(was picking horse up tmrw) is coming back.They have had her month and she hasnt come into season,they have had her injected aswell.

Strange thing is she cycled normally with me.

So now ive got to kiss goodbye to the horse i was picking up,have to make the call to owners to explain,dreading it.

Also have to put my mare back on the market,will get her going under saddle and sale her that way. arggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh

sorry im really annoyed at mo Evil or Very Mad Rolling Eyes Mad Mad
Back to top Go down
Merikle Waters

Merikle Waters

Number of posts : 690
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Im soooooooo Angry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Im soooooooo Angry   Im soooooooo Angry Icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2008, 10:15 am

Hmm... Did you sell her with a breeding guarantee?

Really sorry to hear that... but chin up! Something might change still Very Happy
Back to top Go down
shazgeoff

shazgeoff

Im soooooooo Angry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Im soooooooo Angry   Im soooooooo Angry Icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2008, 11:37 am

No I didnt.

She went to my friends,who i gave 2 months to pay me,to trusting i know.
She has just had her foal weaned from her and showed seasons with me but hasnt with them,even though they injected her.

There 2 months arnt up till september but i was getting a gut feeling things wernt right when they kept emailing saying she still not in season.
These friends have bred horses for many years and are what i would say knowledgable.

They dont want a horse they cant breed of which i do understand as this puts bread on there tables.
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

Im soooooooo Angry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Im soooooooo Angry   Im soooooooo Angry Icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2008, 11:41 am

Why have they not had a vet check her out??? Do they have an stallion to tease her with? Id be asking them, before they say she is Unsound for breeding that they have her checked out.. scratch
Back to top Go down
shazgeoff

shazgeoff

Im soooooooo Angry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Im soooooooo Angry   Im soooooooo Angry Icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2008, 2:10 pm

I have said to them to check her out.I reckon its because she unsettled as she a very sensitive mare.Its only been a month

They have 3 stallions to choose from to tease her with.

Said to get vet to scan her and check her ovaries or follicules out.
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667

Im soooooooo Angry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Im soooooooo Angry   Im soooooooo Angry Icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2008, 2:46 pm

I agree with others, something isn't sounding quite kosher here....she may be "quiet", ya know, especially since she's in a different place. Until a vet tells me that something's wrong with the mare, ain't changing anything.

And you just learned a hard lesson - never sell to friends!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

Im soooooooo Angry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Im soooooooo Angry   Im soooooooo Angry Icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2008, 3:50 pm

I agree with Shelia, I would not take her back unless a vet said there was a problem, I mean isnt this them taking advantage of a friendship????

I would have to explain things this way, get her checked by a vet and get a report from the vet. Period.

PLUS, you give way to much time on these things, you need to sell a horse the way it is. Period. this 60 trials, 30 days trials.. Maybe a week, or week end, but other than that, unless its for 10,000.00 plus, I wouldnt.
Back to top Go down
Mare

Mare

Number of posts : 522
Registration date : 2007-04-16

Im soooooooo Angry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Im soooooooo Angry   Im soooooooo Angry Icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2008, 4:23 pm

Sounds like an excuse to me. She just weaned a foal so they know she has had a baby. Maybe she's a picky little lady and doesnt want their studs. I have no doubt that you'll get her sold to the right place.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

Im soooooooo Angry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Im soooooooo Angry   Im soooooooo Angry Icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2008, 8:25 pm

Does sound fishy. And what the h3!! are they injecting her with? Did you have a contract on the sale? And, 7c is correct that many mares do not show and especially if they are in a strange place. I never rely on that at breeding time. Nice to have if you can get it.. But, does happen all the time and you cannot rely on it. No

Sounds like and excuse that they do not have the money after all.. affraid
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Merikle Waters

Merikle Waters

Number of posts : 690

Im soooooooo Angry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Im soooooooo Angry   Im soooooooo Angry Icon_minitimeJuly 30th 2008, 1:59 am

Yep, im in the same boat as everyone else... I sell them as is. I don't own an ultrasound to be able to check things out myself, and im not about to pay for any kind of exam for their benefit. They want to know, they pay.

Saying a mare is infertile after simple teasing... wow, if they are knowledgable, there is no way that they aren't using it as an excuse... that or they really weren't that knowledgable at all.

Instead of just taking her back, I think you should require they have a vet do a full exam (AND provide you with the veterinary cetificate stating such), heck even just have an ultrasound done to see what exactly is going on with her.

I've owned and bred mares that the only sign they showed was they walked with more ease to be teased... The subtle one's are the fun ones Laughing

and I would say for future times, either dont sell to friends, or ensure they know they are buying a horse with NO guarantee's.... My sales contract says "There is no guarantee of soundness, whether physical or breeding". I also require the cash hits my pocket, or their cheque clears prior to the horse leaving my property.

Im really sorry your in this situation... Hopefully they actually look into things before making you take her back. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Im soooooooo Angry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Im soooooooo Angry   Im soooooooo Angry Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Im soooooooo Angry
Page 1 of 1