Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

No sale

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
reiningfan

reiningfan

Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2007-02-13

No sale Empty
PostSubject: No sale   No sale Icon_minitimeJune 28th 2008, 5:55 pm

Not only did we not sell either Tye or Trouble, Tye bucked two people off today. They were less experienced than she made out. They showed up to try horses out in their running shoes for crying out loud.
Plus, they just moved here from a Euopean country and had a film crew with them. So Brennen & I were both nervous and the horses felt that. Plus five new people, a windy day and a camera in their faces all the time. The guy got on, went ok, but had his reins a mile long and didn't want me to adjust the stirrups. Tye spooked a bit, the guy went off balance, bomped Tye in the side and he set off at a canter, then kinda bucked. Tye is REALLY light sided. Side passes and two tracks with feather pressure. Brennen rides him for goodness sake. Never figured he'd throw anyone. The lady rode better, but once again, no reins and a horse that was already upset. And now he's got it figured out how to buck someone off. It wasn't mean bucking, barely crowhopping. Instead of picking up the horse's head, the guy held onto the horn with both hands and let go of his reins.
Now I'll have to do a pile of work on him to get him back to where he was.
As for Trouble, she's a chestnut and they didn't really like her color. They rode her on the hard packed gravel and said they didn't like the way she walked. Which is fine, if they didn't like her, they didn't like her.
The worst is that the girl really liked Tye until she came off him.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

No sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: No sale   No sale Icon_minitimeJune 28th 2008, 9:13 pm

Shocked AWE, the joy of selling horses and putting up with humanes.. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
reiningfan

reiningfan

No sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: No sale   No sale Icon_minitimeJune 29th 2008, 6:28 am

Due to those people, we now require proper footwear and a helmet for people trying out our horses. Just like I'd expect if one of my kids were riding. Well, Brennen doesn't always wear one when he's on an older horse. I need to get him a new one, he can't stand his, says it's uncomfortable, but he will wear Sean's.
Also. I'm going to have prospective buyers ride one of my kid's horses first so that I can see if they can even remotely control the one they're looking at.
I used to do this. Don't have any idea why I stopped.
And as for Tye. He was terrible last night. I left him for a few hours after the people left. Once you are on, he's not bad, but he sort of scoots forward & sideways now when you go to mount up. Once I was up there, he was fine. But it was one hell of a job getting there. I know a guy who will take him for the summer to ride. He'll get worked hard, but won't be allowed to get away with anything. I think that'll be best for him. And he'll be more marketable after anyhow.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

No sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: No sale   No sale Icon_minitimeJune 29th 2008, 8:57 pm

I would make them all sign a hold harmelss contract as well. If you need one I can email mine and you can switch it around with your info on it.. coffee
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
reiningfan

reiningfan

No sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: No sale   No sale Icon_minitimeJuly 2nd 2008, 11:09 am

That would be great Bluejay. I was considering doing something like that. I'd very much apprecaite if you could send me that. My e-mail address is reiningfan1975@hotmail.com
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

No sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: No sale   No sale Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

No sale
Page 1 of 1